Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Jamaica is a beautiful place if it weren't for the fukking people. There's no place where I'd rather be but I'm tired of the anxiety when I'm going down there. I love Jamaica but can't fukking stand the people and this is coming from a Jamaican.

Yup, that is exactly how I feel and one of the reasons why I decided it would be best not to move out there. It's sad, because I loved the place and felt the connection when I went back out there a few years ago. But they only have themselves to blame. I'm fukking done with them at this point, I don't care what anyone says. I know of too many people from here and the states who attempted to move back and set something up that would benefit themselves and the local people, only to get robbed and killed as a thank you. This is why more and more Jamaicans are staying in resorts when they visit.

The ironic thing is, my poorest family members who live in Hanover are the ones I trust with my life. They never beg or ask for anything, so that alone makes me more inclined to help out. But then you get some wasteman out there who thinks because they're a friend of a friend that that makes them entitled to whatever you have. Too much of a 'beggy beggy' mentality. You got those who aren't even struggling like that asking for money, then when you don't give it to them you feel the energy change and you just get a bunch of attitude. But when you see them on social media they're always flossing.

Detractors will say that's not all of Jamaica and blah blah, but the mere fact that it's happened on way too many occasions to count is an issue. Their mentality is fukked up. They don't even realise they're destroying their own beautiful historic legacy. Apart from its natural beauty, Jamaica's global cultural influence for such a small place is undeniable. People around the world who may not have even heard of Grenada, St Lucia etc ALL know about Jamaica in some capacity. If many of the people weren't so 'bad mind', the amount of Jamaicans who could move to the island and totally transform it for the good would change the place and eradicate many of the problems that exist. Don't even get me started on the general bad attitudes you get as soon as you touch down int he airport, and ESPECIALLY government who doesn't give a flying fukk about it's own people.

Nah man, the place needs a total spiritual and mental and of course economic overhaul.They can't say we never tried to help.

I know a lot of Jamaicans will cuss you for telling the ugly truth (and of course a certain bunch idiots I won't name will probably use this thread as ammunition for a pissing contest), but it has to be said.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
times like these are when you need to buy land out there because it's a small island and new land isn't being created. it won't be like this all the time and having something out there will be a godsend for you. it's like brooklyn and my extended family. new york was a dying city and people were saying forget brooklyn, it's not safe in this city anymore. they bought at depressed prices and are better off for it today.

Different scenario. Squatters can set up on your land and legally have rights to it after living there for some years. The laws vary from island to island but they can be well behind the standard of what you'd expect in the US.

Good luck trying to get some badman family off your land when they been there for 10 years and you haven't been paying attention, thinking everything is everything. Like I said, it's essential to stay plugged in. Property managers, neighbours looking out, helping the community where the land is, it's all an investment to let people know you're serious and not just some foreigner with money...because they will see you as an outsider otherwise.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yup, that is exactly how I feel and one of the reasons why I decided it would be best not to move out there. It's sad, because I loved the place and felt the connection when I went back out there a few years ago. But they only have themselves to blame. I'm fukking done with them at this point, I don't care what anyone says. I know of too many people from here and the states who attempted to move back and set something up that would benefit themselves and the local people, only to get robbed and killed as a thank you. This is why more and more Jamaicans are staying in resorts when they visit.

The ironic thing is, my poorest family members who live in Hanover are the ones I trust with my life. They never beg or ask for anything, so that alone makes me more inclined to help out. But then you get some wasteman out there who thinks because they're a friend of a friend that that makes them entitled to whatever you have. Too much of a 'beggy beggy' mentality. You got those who aren't even struggling like that asking for money, then when you don't give it to them you feel the energy change and you just get a bunch of attitude. But when you see them on social media they're always flossing.

Detractors will say that's not all of Jamaica and blah blah, but the mere fact that it's happened on way too many occasions to count is an issue. Their mentality is fukked up. They don't even realise they're destroying their own beautiful historic legacy. Apart from its natural beauty, Jamaica's global cultural influence for such a small place is undeniable. People around the world who may not have even heard of Grenada, St Lucia etc ALL know about Jamaica in some capacity. If many of the people weren't so 'bad mind', the amount of Jamaicans who could move to the island and totally transform it for the good would change the place and eradicate many of the problems that exist. Don't even get me started on the general bad attitudes you get as soon as you touch down int he airport, and ESPECIALLY government who doesn't give a flying fukk about it's own people.

Nah man, the place needs a total spiritual and mental and of course economic overhaul.They can't say we never tried to help.

I know a lot of Jamaicans will cuss you for telling the ugly truth (and of course a certain bunch idiots I won't name will probably use this thread as ammunition for a pissing contest), but it has to be said.

over 200 people in the past 20 years have been killed returning to jamaica to live
just last year

The number of murders of returning residents has increased by almost 47 per cent in 2019 when compared to last year, President of the Jamaica Association for the Resettlement of Returning Residents, Percival LaTouche has revealed.

"We have had 25 deaths of returning residents this year, last year there were 17 for the whole year. Jamaica has become a cannabalised country, where people are afraid to go on the streets. The Jamaica I used to know and love is no more," a despairing Latouche told Loop News reporter Claude Mills.

aand yep for a nation of 3 million we are known for our food, music, resorts, track and field most people who visit it love it (tourist areas) but thats about it

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Condolences man, must be heartbreaking knowing that was your grandparents legacy to you and your family.
My parents and friends have land and property there. I advised them all to walk away completely. Not worth it because life is meaningless to so many out there and every major civic and municipal system is beyond corrupt.
Tragic because Jamaica is the most beautiful island in the Carribean in my opinion.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
House has been standing for over 80 years, electricity was off, no one lives there. A few years ago we had someone living there who would take care of the house, they tried to take it over we kicked them out and they threatened that they would burn down the house.

And this is jamaica this is what people do, a wicked ass nation filled with wicked people

View attachment 29900

View attachment 29901
:ohmy: damn. sorry for the loss and glad nobody was hurt

sounds like youve got their motive pinned dead to rights

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
:camby:
All I see is y'all in this thread but that can change and we can have a party in this bytch, since you want to use a VULNERABLE MOMENT FOR your countryman to take a lil sneak shot.
but it's cool tho.
I hope dude had some type of contingency plan and rainy day money for an event like this.
If not,
:francis:

Whoever you are, I don't give a fukk about you or what you're saying. You can have the "party" with whoever does. :yeshrug:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
welp i can tell you poverty is the reason.

people in those nations including ghana, nigeria will try to take over homes of people who live overseas because they feel entitled to it for some reason. they make guns for a reason let the local police handle them just have a family member you trust act on your behalf out there.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
over 200 people in the past 20 years have been killed returning to jamaica to live
just last year

The number of murders of returning residents has increased by almost 47 per cent in 2019 when compared to last year, President of the Jamaica Association for the Resettlement of Returning Residents, Percival LaTouche has revealed.

"We have had 25 deaths of returning residents this year, last year there were 17 for the whole year. Jamaica has become a cannabalised country, where people are afraid to go on the streets. The Jamaica I used to know and love is no more," a despairing Latouche told Loop News reporter Claude Mills.

aand yep for a nation of 3 million we are known for our food, music, resorts, track and field most people who visit it love it (tourist areas) but thats about it

Yep and people wanna cuss SouFloTV for pointing these things out and saying how he has an agenda to make the island look bad. As if killing elderly residents who have been sending money to the island for decades who finally decided to spend their final years in the land of their birth doesn't do that already. Dumb asses think just because you have a nice house that means you got stacks of money sitting in a room somewhere as if there isn't such a thing called a bank. :snoop: Robbing people is one thing, but they always end up in murders that don't even need to happen.

People wanna blame poverty when it's really the mindset that is behind this shyt. I'm not feeling the pride in it I once had until things change, if they ever will. Jamaica has influence and a wonderful side to it, but until these things are stamped out then as a people we have no bragging rights, sorry to say.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yep and people wanna cuss SouFloTV for pointing these things out and saying how he has an agenda to make the island look bad. As if killing elderly residents who have been sending money to the island for decades who finally decided to spend their final years in the land of their birth doesn't do that already. Dumb asses think just because you have a nice house that means you got stacks of money sitting in a room somewhere as if there isn't such a thing called a bank. :snoop: Robbing people is one thing, but they always end up in murders that don't even need to happen.

People wanna blame poverty when it's really the mindset that is behind this shyt. I'm not feeling the pride in it I once had until things change, if they ever will. Jamaica has influence and a wonderful side to it, but until these things are stamped out then as a people we have no bragging rights, sorry to say.

Jamaica is just inherently evil, there are poorer nations and the crime is nowhere as bad.

And this is just homicides, not counting all the robberies, rapes etc.

Bring back the GALLOWS
upload_2020-12-7_14-29-51.png

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Different scenario. Squatters can set up on your land and legally have rights to it after living there for some years. The laws vary from island to island but they can be well behind the standard of what you'd expect in the US.

Good luck trying to get some badman family off your land when they been there for 10 years and you haven't been paying attention, thinking everything is everything. Like I said, it's essential to stay plugged in. Property managers, neighbours looking out, helping the community where the land is, it's all an investment to let people know you're serious and not just some foreigner with money...because they will see you as an outsider otherwise.
I could never understand or agree with such a thing as "squatter's rights". If it is not your land or property and you are not renting you should not be there, and have no attitude or push back when you get confronted about it.