Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
welp i can tell you poverty is the reason.

people in those nations including ghana, nigeria will try to take over homes of people who live overseas because they feel entitled to it for some reason. they make guns for a reason let the local police handle them just have a family member you trust act on your behalf out there.
It's more than poverty, though. On the different islands, there have always been different degrees of poverty and sections that are poor. And developing country Poverty is REAL.
The squatting isn't new, but the targeting and kidnapping of returnees is relatively new. As are the executions. It's not enough to take money, now they have to kill people.
Wasn't like this before.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Jamaica is just inherently evil, there are poorer nations and the crime is nowhere as bad.

And this is just homicides, not counting all the robberies, rapes etc.

Bring back the GALLOWS
View attachment 29903

That's why some Jamaicans have decided to retire in some of the other islands, which they shouldn't even have to do. It's sad. There are cities with many times the population that don't have nearly as much murders.

And yeah, apart from the homicides, some of the shyt that happens out there will make your head spin. There's no deterrent though because the court system is shyt and most of the police are corrupt as fukk.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
I could never understand or agree with such a thing as "squatter's rights". If it is not your land or property and you are not renting you should not be there, and have no attitude or push back when you get confronted about it.

I absolutely agree.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
It's more than poverty, though. On the different islands, there have always been different degrees of poverty and sections that are poor. And developing country Poverty is REAL.
The squatting isn't new, but the targeting and kidnapping of returnees is relatively new. As are the executions. It's not enough to take money, now they have to kill people.
Wasn't like this before.
This is why many people when they get away from impoverished areas generally stay away, not because they forgot where they came from but because they do remember, and it is not worth coming back. All it takes is for a few people out of thousands to be jealous of what you have and take you out like it was nothing, and it ends up being a double negative for the community. You have people that were from there scared to come back and invest, so the only people who do will not be understanding like a local is and treat them like shyt.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Jamaica is just inherently evil, there are poorer nations and the crime is nowhere as bad.

And this is just homicides, not counting all the robberies, rapes etc.

Bring back the GALLOWS
View attachment 29903
Yes. Sir P dispelled that fable some time ago. The murder rate is much higher if you include all the people that go missing yearly.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
yeah we do

My family is well known down in Jamaica, political ties and my great uncle was deputy commissioner of the jdp before he retired and another was assistant commissioner until he passed away a few years ago. My moms cousin also was the ceo of Jamaica railway

my grandparents were in that community from like the 40s everyone who lived there and their children children knew them
do they know that mutha mukuh who burned the house down

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
I'm very sorry this happened.

Same in Sierra Leone

My Dad's ex literally sold land in his name without his permission to numerous unsuspecting people and because he had connections, he was able to get it all back.

They already started building.

That bytch is a marked woman. She knows she can never, EVER go back. I don't even think they'd find the body.

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So y'all said Jamaica used to be one of the most peaceful places on earth, what preceded all the violence?

It's wild because my mother always talks about how back in the day in South Africa they didn't even have to lock their doors at night. This was around the 60s as well, same time y'all said Jamaica was peaceful. Never worried about violence. She grew up during the apartheid era though, and it seems like all the violence that it took to overthrow the apartheid government along with the income inequality just took the country in a different direction.

Do y'all have any theories on what caused Jamaica to go down the path it's going now?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is why many people when they get away from impoverished areas generally stay away, not because they forgot where they came from but because they do remember, and it is not worth coming back. All it takes is for a few people out of thousands to be jealous of what you have and take you out like it was nothing, and it ends up being a double negative for the community. You have people that were from there scared to come back and invest, so the only people who do will not be understanding like a local is and treat them like shyt.
Here is the odd part, and the gunman/vagabon will never understand or care. It's the remittances from their diasporas that are often keeping local communities afloat. The people they are killing are the ones who have pumped money into those towns for decades.
Some demons killed a South Florida based Haitian pastor when he was on a mission in Haiti last month. You can imagine how many people that church has helped, how many businesses they helped people set up, how many people they put through school. When even that Pastor doesn't get a pass, nobody with roots in that town is safe coming back.

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
House has been standing for over 80 years, electricity was off, no one lives there. A few years ago we had someone living there who would take care of the house, they tried to take it over we kicked them out and they threatened that they would burn down the house.

And this is jamaica this is what people do, a wicked ass nation filled with wicked people

View attachment 29900

View attachment 29901
OMG!

:mjcry:

Sorry to hear this...just heartbreaking