Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
do they know that mutha mukuh who burned the house down

We think so. One of my cousins who moved to canada like 5 years ago wants to go down and kill the dude but we ain't 100 percent sure its him just a high inclination he did it. Happened at 2am so I know cops ain't going to do nothing, already contacted my uncle who was former deputy commissioner of the JCF .

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Here is the odd part, and the gunman/vagabon will never understand or care. It's the remittances from their diasporas that are often keeping local communities afloat. The people they are killing are the ones who have pumped money into those towns for decades.
Some demons killed a South Florida based Haitian pastor when he was on a mission in Haiti last month. You can imagine how many people that church has helped, how many businesses they helped people set up, how many people they put through school. When even that Pastor doesn't get a pass, nobody with roots in that town is safe coming back.
Understandable, and this is why even though i definitely understand why the locals will not do it (fear, indifference) and it is the police's job, they need to fight back against this type of behavior. Fighting back does not just mean vigilante justice which is always dangerous, it is also fighting to get politician in that are willing to address the problem. But if the government or the police are not willing or able to solve this, then people need to take matters into their own hands. Expats would be right not invest back into the community if it could result in them or there family members being put in danger

serial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jamaica is fuccup - access to the internet has contributed to the licky attitude. I went to barbados last year they dont even have grills on their doors and windows so much more peaceful and I'm Jamaican. Cant wait to touch Barbados again.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
So y'all said Jamaica used to be one of the most peaceful places on earth, what preceded all the violence?

It's wild because my mother always talks about how back in the day in South Africa they didn't even have to lock their doors at night. This was around the 60s as well, same time y'all said Jamaica was peaceful. Never worried about violence. She grew up during the apartheid era though, and it seems like all the violence that it took to overthrow the apartheid government along with the income inequality just took the country in a different direction.

Do y'all have any theories on what caused Jamaica to go down the path it's going now?

Also check out the book Inside the CIA's secret war in Jamaica.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Here is the odd part, and the gunman/vagabon will never understand or care. It's the remittances from their diasporas that are often keeping local communities afloat. The people they are killing are the ones who have pumped money into those towns for decades.
Some demons killed a South Florida based Haitian pastor when he was on a mission in Haiti last month. You can imagine how many people that church has helped, how many businesses they helped people set up, how many people they put through school. When even that Pastor doesn't get a pass, nobody with roots in that town is safe coming back.

It's true all of it.
I remember from when I was small one of my first memories is my parents packing barrels of non perishable food and clothing and sending it back to their district where it would be distributed . Or all the times i went down to jamaica as a youngling and my parents would do cookouts down there and buy kids books, clothing etc. and always bring a suitcase full of stuff.

shipping-barrels.jpg

Just recently my mom worked with the school she went to in her district to get each child there their own tablet .

But if we went back down there we gotta keep an eye open for some vagabond who might rob us or kill us

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So y'all said Jamaica used to be one of the most peaceful places on earth, what preceded all the violence?

It's wild because my mother always talks about how back in the day in South Africa they didn't even have to lock their doors at night. This was around the 60s as well, same time y'all said Jamaica was peaceful. Never worried about violence. She grew up during the apartheid era though, and it seems like all the violence that it took to overthrow the apartheid government along with the income inequality just took the country in a different direction.

Do y'all have any theories on what caused Jamaica to go down the path it's going now?

you know whats funny jamaica got its independence 1962, and then the 70s, 80s and onwards has been violent as hell.

I dunno what the colonizers did to us but most former black british colonies crime wise became much more violent

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
We think so. One of my cousins who moved to canada like 5 years ago wants to go down and kill the dude but we ain't 100 percent sure its him just a high inclination he did it. Happened at 2am so I know cops ain't going to do nothing, already contacted my uncle who was former deputy commissioner of the JCF .
UNC will handle it

neighborhood talks and his/her big mouth ass probably gonna tell a female and it's a wrap after that

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Understandable, and this is why even though i definitely understand why the locals will not do it (fear, indifference) and it is the police's job, they need to fight back against this type of behavior. Fighting back does not just mean vigilante justice which is always dangerous, it is also fighting to get politician in that are willing to address the problem. But if the government or the police are not willing or able to solve this, then people need to take matters into their own hands. Expats would be right not invest back into the community if it could result in them or there family members being put in danger

Police in jamaica are corrupt but I don't even blame them because of what they deal with. I have people on both sides like I mentioned my uncles but I also had a cousin kill like 2 cops in jamaica months ago and was lit up shortly after by them

8 murders in 48 hours - Gunmen terrorise St Catherine North

just an average few days in jamaica

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
damn. how come none of the fam including you lived in the house?

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN

That's messed up. You'd think at least the local community religious figure would be off limits. The crooks don't have any type of code anymore.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
My mom side is from st. catharines another quiet place that I remember going for many years now violent as hell. Only person I had there was my great grandma and she died earlier this year so my hands are washed of that place. The family home is there but yeah right, i'd have to be like this all night

s-l400.jpg

Oh definitely jamaicans know when you are foreign, back in the day it was no problem, people woul djust ask for money or clothing. Now they will ransack your spot, burn down your house follow you from teh airport to rob you etc.
My wife's dad died last year and she inherited some land in Guy's Hill St. Catherine. The land is being using for farming and there are people (family members) living on it that she don't know. I told her to leave that shyt alone.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
My wife's dad died last year and she inherited some land in Guy's Hill St. Catherine. The land is being using for farming and there are people (family members) living on it that she don't know. I told her to leave that shyt alone.

Wise.

Look at Trevor Berbick.

My mum's reaction when people told her her dad's will was forged

:hubie:

It isn't worth it.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Today I woke up to my family home in Jamaica being burned to the ground down by some fakkit. My grandma and grandpa built that house (rest their soul) and are buried on that land. And now everything is gone, all the photos, the heirlooms all their belongings everything. One dinky ass fire struck with a little dinky hose took like an hour to arrive.
sorry to hear that.

if you have land in another country and it isn't tended shyt like this happen all the time. people are jealous and hateful. someone might even be tryna squat and claim the shyt

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This happens in Detroit all the time:martin:

This was a message from the universe and you can only be grateful as much as you don't want to hear that. Imagine the news being different,and instead of this fire,the news was your family was murdered. You have to be humble when you enter into others domains. As black americans we are going to these places and throwing our money around like big shots,but don't have the infrastructure to back up our arrogance if the people aren't in agreeance. When these Europeans and asians move into an area here in the U.S or abroad,they go in with race soldiers backing up the outsiders moving in.Possibly an army, or payments to the local police to watch their back and bust their own peoples heads if they have to:martin:.