Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Sorry to hear about the fire.

You don't have family still on the island? It would have been better to let relatives live there than to let it stay vacant. The family drama or politics is better to deal with then others trying to squat on the property.

People targeting returnees/pensioners for robbery or kidnapping is harder to avoid. Those crimes are rampant in Haiti. When my relatives go back, it's unannounced or they arrive ahead of the time.

yeah we do

My family is well known down in Jamaica, political ties and my great uncle was deputy commissioner of the jdp before he retired and another was assistant commissioner until he passed away a few years ago. My moms cousin also was the ceo of Jamaica railway

my grandparents were in that community from like the 40s everyone who lived there and their children children knew them

Family Man

Banned
Daps
What’s wild is, living in Fl you will meet plenty of cacs with spots in Jamaica and they don’t have these problems :hubie:they eating mangos and sitting on the Beach every day :mjpls:
It's different for us native black Jamaicans. We have to be a part of the culture when we go down there. We don't want to go back there and sit in some fukking gated community removed from the day to day life and culture of Jamaica.

Last edited:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
My condolences. My fam is from Trinidad but my GF is from Jamaica.

I’m wary of going to the Caribbean. Feel like I’d be a damn target for being a handsome young “foreigner”

Sucks because ideally I’d wanna live in a climate like there.
Bro

You think you’d be the only handsome young foreigner in any Caribbean country?

:francis:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
thankfully due to covid no one was in the house, usually my parents or my aunts/uncles would go down for the winter.

Again this is the jamaica just a few days ago this district isn't to far away

View attachment 29902
Wait. Your people's are from Clarendon? I'm from May Pen and used to go to CC in Chapelton. I have people in Frankfield, Smithville, Thompson Town, etc.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s wild is, living in Fl you will meet plenty of cacs with spots in Jamaica and they don’t have these problems :hubie:they eating mangos and sitting on the Beach every day :mjpls:
You mean like how i cant wear certain hats and colors around LA but brad can walk around freely unbothered? :mjpls:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Wait. Your people's are from Clarendon? I'm from May Pen and used to go to CC in Chapelton. I have people in Frankfield, Smithville, Thompson Town, etc.

yep dads side of family is from trout hall Clarendon it’s near Frankfield

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Yea, I don’t think that’s wise breh.
The problem for a lot of us is that we tend to move back to the areas where we grew up or are from. That's the worst thing a returning resident can do. If you're moving back there you can't go back to where you're from. At this point though there is no place that is safe or welcoming in Jamaica cause you will have to deal with the people in some capacity.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
1,500 murders a year for a small island you can drive from one end to the other in 7 hrs , 5th highest murder rate in the world

always gotta watch your back people will kill you for anything down there anything
shyt why is it so bad

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
People ain't shyt, tell me something new:francis: Somebody needs to beat the brakes off that battymon:scust:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH