Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
The problem for a lot of us is that we tend to move back to the areas where we grew up or are from. That's the worst thing a returning resident can do. If you're moving back there you can't go back to where you're from. At this point though there is no place that is safe or welcoming in Jamaica cause you will have to deal with the people in some capacity.
All that beautiful land and views :mjcry: can’t even enjoy it smfh​

Family Man

Banned
Daps
yep dads side of family is from trout hall Clarendon it’s near Frankfield
I know Trout Hall. I remember the days when up that part was quite and peaceful - or maybe I'm looking back at it with rose colored glasses.
I don't like how so many of the people there prey on and mistreat us retiring residents. I don't know any Jamaican outside of Jamaica that wouldn't rather be there but are scared of the violence, corruption, and the overall bullshyt. I was just talking to my wife about this the other day.
We were in the process of buying a second home there over the summer and had to pump the brakes on it cause reality started to set in.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
this is why i laugh and people who think Caribbean/africa is some sort of paradise where you eat pineapple and mango and sit on the beach everyday. shyt is not a joke
:mjlol: Fam I understand being cautious but fukk outta here using this broad ass brush to generalize an entire continent as if every country is some type of war zone

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I know Trout Hall. I remember the days when up that part was quite and peaceful - or maybe I'm looking back at it with rose colored glasses.
I don't like how so many of the people there prey on and mistreat us retiring residents. I don't know any Jamaican outside of Jamaica that wouldn't rather be there but are scared of the violence, corruption, and the overall bullshyt. I was just talking to my wife about this the other day.
We were in the process of buying a second home there over the summer and had to pump the brakes on it cause reality started to set in.

Yup Clarendon used to be great but it’s very violent now. Especially in the smaller areas you’re on your own at night. You call the cops etc waiting possibly hours to arrive, and your neighbours are so far away . The amount of people who return to Jamaica and get got is ridiculous you can’t even go back and enjoy life because people are plotting.

you can’t even trust someone to pick you up from the airport that you don’t know. People even sometimes tail you from an airport it’s pure wickedness

minus going to a resort ima wash my hands of visiting the areas where my parents grew up

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
That's fukked up, is it anything yall can do legally? Any proof it was the disgruntled house sitter?

I been watching a lot of american moving to africa videos lately and a common theme is all the fukkery you have to endure from the locals
in most cases it just don't seem worth the hassle

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Yup Clarendon used to be great but it’s very violent now. Especially in the smaller areas you’re on your own at night. You call the cops etc waiting possibly hours to arrive, and your neighbours are so far away . The amount of people who return to Jamaica and get got is ridiculous you can’t even go back and enjoy life because people are plotting.

you can’t even trust someone to pick you up from the airport that you don’t know. People even sometimes tail you from an airport it’s pure wickedness

minus going to a resort ima wash my hands of visiting the areas where my parents grew up
That's sad but I'm arriving at the same spot where you're headed. My wife has been done with that place. If it weren't for me she wouldn't have gone back there to even visit. I usually visit there three or more times for the year but I go to and stay at different places. Sometimes I have to go in complete secret and not even let my peoples know that I'm there.
After my mom dies I'm going to cut ties with Jamaica completely and move on with my life.
I love that place so much but I can't take my head being on a swivel 24/7.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
There'll be a lot of outside opinions on this but I agree OP.

Condolences on the lost history.

I like to go back to St. Mary and Catherines where my family comes from - generations back - and the respect is gone.

Calling police

:russ:

Sometimes you have to take the law into your own hands.

@ anyone thinking Jamaicans won't know you're foreign. They know, don't embarrass yourself trying to pretend. You're a lick waiting to happen.

The white people aren't just anywhere, they are in communities of foreigners and don't move reckless.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That's sad but I'm arriving at the same spot where you're headed. My wife has been done with that place. If it weren't for me she wouldn't have gone back there. I usually visit there three or more times for the year but I go to different places. Sometimes I have to go in complete secret and not even let my peoples know that I'm there.
After my mom dies I'm going to cut ties with Jamaica completely and move on with my life.

Yup, I'll world remit some money down to family etc but thats about it. In regards to helping others my mom and I just contact Kino https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzw-bo3bA30Ne4fN6kepJA dude is a saint .

It's sad how it is, I felt more safe when I went to friggin nigeria walking around and going out at night than I did whenever I'd go out at night in Kingston .

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
There'll be a lot of outside opinions on this but I agree OP.

Condolences on the lost history.

I like to go back to St. Mary and Catherines where my family comes from - generations back - and the respect is gone.

Calling police

:russ:

Sometimes you have to take the law into your own hands.

@ anyone thinking Jamaicans won't know you're foreign. They know, don't embarrass yourself trying to pretend. You're a lick waiting to happen.

The white people aren't just anywhere, they are in communities of foreigners and don't move reckless.

My mom side is from st. catharines another quiet place that I remember going for many years now violent as hell. Only person I had there was my great grandma and she died earlier this year so my hands are washed of that place. The family home is there but yeah right, i'd have to be like this all night

s-l400.jpg

Oh definitely jamaicans know when you are foreign, back in the day it was no problem, people woul djust ask for money or clothing. Now they will ransack your spot, burn down your house follow you from teh airport to rob you etc.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
times like these are when you need to buy land out there because it's a small island and new land isn't being created. it won't be like this all the time and having something out there will be a godsend for you. it's like brooklyn and my extended family. new york was a dying city and people were saying forget brooklyn, it's not safe in this city anymore. they bought at depressed prices and are better off for it today.