Jamaica is a wicked ass nation

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Can't generalize the whole by the few.

Really and truly the small percentage of criminals and waste man makes life a living hell for decent people :wow:

1,500 murders a year for a small island you can drive from one end to the other in 7 hrs , 5th highest murder rate in the world

always gotta watch your back people will kill you for anything down there anything

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
thankfully due to covid no one was in the house, usually my parents or my aunts/uncles would go down for the winter.
Sorry to hear about the fire.

You don't have family still on the island? It would have been better to let relatives live there than to let it stay vacant. The family drama or politics is better to deal with then others trying to squat on the property.

People targeting returnees/pensioners for robbery or kidnapping is harder to avoid. Those crimes are rampant in Haiti. When my relatives go back, it's unannounced or they arrive ahead of the time.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
How do you know it was burned down and not an accident?

You have to know the culture.

An aunt had acid thrown in her face due to someone who took her place as her own.

One of my aunts pretty much has to sell her place as the woman she had removed made it known she views it as a killable offence.

An uncle got sliced up when he tried dealing with people moving into home left to him.

It is sad, but you have some dog heart people out there. They're looking for a come up and vex to the point of murder when they believe it is taken from them.

Condolences to the thread starters family. It is frustrating. You don't like to see someone's hard work come to ruin, but try and understand that their true wealth is the family they created.

You will continue to grow and they'll continue boxing shyt from hog mouth.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Today I woke up to my family home in Jamaica being burned to the ground down by some fakkit. My grandma and grandpa built that house (rest their soul) and are buried on that land. And now everything is gone, all the photos, the heirlooms all their belongings everything. One dinky ass fire struck with a little dinky hose took like an hour to arrive.
Jamaica is a beautiful place if it weren't for the fukking people. There's no place where I'd rather be but I'm tired of the anxiety when I'm going down there. I love Jamaica but can't fukking stand the people and this is coming from a Jamaican.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I feel you what ur saying having been there many times,i love the people but i hate em...

Jeshaman

All Star
Daps
this is why i laugh and people who think Caribbean/africa is some sort of paradise where you eat pineapple and mango and sit on the beach everyday. shyt is not a joke
But this is Jamaica though. Is all of the Caribbean like that?

I am Nigerian, and have travelled extensively around Africa, we are by far the most aggressive and erratic Africans. I was shocked at how chill other people were. Why, I dont know but it would be unfair to say all Africans are like this.