Jamaica bans music that glorifies drug use and violence

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I want the same people happy about this to stop watching Game Of Thrones, The Wire, Power, or any other violent show. I want them to stop playing Call Of Duty, Resident Evil, Doom, Battlefield. Or any other type of violent game. Let’s take all the violence out of superhero movies as well. No more horror movies either. Let’s ban all action movies that have violence and cursing in it.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Keeping it a buck would be someone who doesn't listen to any music that promotes violence and drug use and they took a stance. OR someone admitting "you know what I stopped listening to music that promotes drug usage and violence up to and including my favorite artists" who took a stance against it. Yet, I see people who speak out against current music that promotes violence and drug usage, but will openly listen to the artists whose music was just as violent and promoted drug usage. And the most egregious are the people who use the "Hip Hop promotes drug usage and violence" stance, but post on here everyday. Why are they here? If someone truly feels that way about the music and the culture, why are you actively discussing it and participating in it?
My thread I made is literally the gift that keeps on giving. Everything I said in that thread has been revealed since that thread. Lol.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
There’s no nuance In thinking if there was no future than someone wouldn’t have done drugs
not necessarily.

Maybe he wouldn't have tried THAT drug.

There's a lot of dudes who got hooked on heroin because the grunge artists they loved so much used it all the time (or with jazz) Maybe Juice Wrld doesn't pick up lean if the artists he loved so much didn't make it seem so cool. It happens all the time. Makes it worse with Future when he doesn't even do those drugs himself.

Part of why we don't have a generation full of young crackheads is because hip-hop culture chose that drug to frown upon. Everything else is fair game.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
alright I guess but unless you fix the underlying issues this isn't going to do anything, it's been the same cycle of poverty and killing before violent music granted the violence has gotten significantly worse in recent decades

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Surprised they did it for TV too. So they won't air anything violent from outside Jamaica too? Would have preferred it if Radio and TV Stations mad that decision on their own. I feel like banning it will make people want it more like prohibition.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
I remember a DJ in NYC said he's banning any drill music that disses dead people and nikkas in NY was up in arms :mjlol:

It was DJ Drewski..

Homeboy wouldn't care if they slipped him money aka Payola to play a drill record if it was hotter than Crisco.

:sas2::sas1: