Jamaica bans music that glorifies drug use and violence

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
Which came first, the violence and corruption or the music highlighting the violence and corruption? As long as those vices persist,artists will either sing about, against or for it. And why do people act as if there are no artists who sing against violence daily? If we loved peace so much, then they would be the most popular artists, but they aren't because SOCIETY has already made its decision.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
not necessarily.

Maybe he wouldn't have tried THAT drug.

There's a lot of dudes who got hooked on heroin because the grunge artists they loved so much used it all the time (or with jazz) Maybe Juice Wrld doesn't pick up lean if the artists he loved so much didn't make it seem so cool. It happens all the time. Makes it worse with Future when he doesn't even do those drugs himself.

Part of why we don't have a generation full of young crackheads is because hip-hop culture chose that drug to frown upon. Everything else is fair game.
Humans have always experimented with drugs.

Juice wrld OD on pills.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They ban the music but dont run up on those record labels promoting it tho...:sas2: i mean go to the source...:lolbron:
FACTS. It's like someone put a murder contract on you and the shooter who takes the contract tries but fails to murder you, then you put all your energy and effort into finding out who the shooter was and getting revenge. That's stupid and pointless...go after the person/people who put the hit out on you. The shooters/rappers are just trying to make money and be successful...they're small potatoes, not the real enemy.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Humans have always experimented with drugs.

Juice wrld OD on pills.

and even that started because rappers made it cool for him to cope with his problems that way. He OD'd on pills but he had wild codeine in his system too. If you watched his doc, the lean is what was getting everyone worried about him.

Just to clarify, I'm not for this ban and I'm sure Jamaica will let the anti-gay stuff slide (damn near like banning country music here).

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
This dumb argument again.:snoop:

I been on this site since it started. Coming for SOHH.
I will never understand why you nikkas think posting memes instead of actually making a point is cool.
There is nothing dumb about that argument, its only dumb too c00n ass nikkas that think they culture is criminal. Instead of art.

Stop being a c00n ass nikka.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
and even that started because rappers made it cool for him to cope with his problems that way. He OD'd on pills but he had wild codeine in his system too. If you watched his doc, the lean is what was getting everyone worried about him.

Just to clarify, I'm not for this ban and I'm sure Jamaica will let the anti-gay stuff slide (damn near like banning country music here).

I hate you nikkas so much. Rappers are late to pills and lean. White america has abused pills and medicine for decades. The pill epidemic started with white women. But a clown will come on a black culture website and pretend that black men are responisble for every criminal thing in the world.
We can not be the ones that are responsible for any oppression on our culture and people, we are not in any position to be in any power. To even affect our own lives. Word to Malcom.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I hate you nikkas so much. Rappers are late to pills and lean. White america has abused pills and medicine for decades. The pill epidemic started with white women. But a clown will come on a black culture website and pretend that black men are responisble for every criminal thing in the world.
We can not be the ones that are responsible for any oppression on our culture and people, we are not in any position to be in any power. To even affect our own lives. Word to Malcom.

Tell us more about pre-rap lean

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
The drug culture has taken over too.
nikka poppin Molly..
I'm sure lean will make its way soon too

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Anyone saying this won't work is a fukking c00n..

Compare your local urban station to your local pop/urban radio station..
You hear so many types of songs.. happy . Sad.. ballets .. all types of shyt on other stations..

Ours. Non stop murder, kill , drugs , sex. Non fukking stop...

And when u see kids standing on cars twerking.. it definitely is not influenced by music.. smh

All of our music they play on the radio is just poison

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
unless I’m not understanding it correctly, won’t they just get it over the internet, like most folks?

Well you gotta go LOOK for it tho..
Ain't like here u can turn on any station and hear the opps getting gunned down