Jamaica bans music that glorifies drug use and violence

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
The drug culture has taken over too.
nikka poppin Molly..
I'm sure lean will make its way soon too

Lean addiction has already hit south Africa and the blame falls squarely on American hip hop. This shyt is a net negative. Just a few short years ago, pills used to be "white people shyt" now we got young brothers in inner cities across America abusing pills. We're supposed to ignore people like Future literally rapping "percocet, Molly percocet"

:francis:

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Sorry. Google ain’t violating first amendment rights cause y’all nikkas on y’all high horse. Lol

You from yard?

You see how the music has the youth them in a daze?

All dem bwoy deh do ah violence..
Whole county is fukking engulfed in it. .

We fighting teachers now..

People scared to call police because badman will come shoot up dem house...

If ya weren't so far away from the effects yall wouldn't be on this " oh this won't work"

So what yall expect.. them to do fukking nothing? Jus Kanye shrug..

fukking County is a god damn mess.. selling our souls to China..
No jobs.. we gotta start somewhere...
Imagine u broke as fukk.. poor. And u see a yute making money singing about shot ah bwoy.. you goin do the same..

I'm not saying this will solve anything.. but saying to do nothing is stupid

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
I hate you nikkas so much. Rappers are late to pills and lean. White america has abused pills and medicine for decades. The pill epidemic started with white women. But a clown will come on a black culture website and pretend that black men are responisble for every criminal thing in the world.
We can not be the ones that are responsible for any oppression on our culture and people, we are not in any position to be in any power. To even affect our own lives. Word to Malcom.
U dumb summabytch are the fukking country singers glorifying the shyt?!?

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Lean addiction has already hit south Africa and the blame falls squarely on American hip hop. This shyt is a net negative. Just a few short years ago, pills used to be "white people shyt" now we got young brothers in inner cities across America abusing pills. We're supposed to ignore people like Future literally rapping "percocet, Molly percocet"

:francis:

Bro.. ONLY ON BLACK STATIONS YOU WOULD HEAR THAT SONG UNCENSORED..
Son.. 2 year old singing about that shyt

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You from yard?

You see how the music has the youth them in a daze?

All dem bwoy deh do ah violence..
Whole county is fukking engulfed in it. .

We fighting teachers now..

People scared to call police because badman will come shoot up dem house...

If ya weren't so far away from the effects yall wouldn't be on this " oh this won't work"

So what yall expect.. them to do fukking nothing? Jus Kanye shrug..

fukking County is a god damn mess.. selling our souls to China..
No jobs.. we gotta start somewhere...
Imagine u broke as fukk.. poor. And u see a yute making money singing about shot ah bwoy.. you goin do the same..

I'm not saying this will solve anything.. but saying to do nothing is stupid
the youth is not getting their filth on broadcast channels

it's really THAT simple. they haven't affected the supply of anything with this law. all the ills you are lamenting have not been affected in the slightest by this law.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Anyone saying this won't work is a fukking c00n..

Compare your local urban station to your local pop/urban radio station..
You hear so many types of songs.. happy . Sad.. ballets .. all types of shyt on other stations..

Ours. Non stop murder, kill , drugs , sex. Non fukking stop...

And when u see kids standing on cars twerking.. it definitely is not influenced by music.. smh

All of our music they play on the radio is just poison
How will this work?

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
How will this work?

Its not to say. This will immediately eliminate violence by youth ..
But like I said. The ease to which children access this shyt and the way its pushed..

Real shyt.. if everyday .. every song u heard was murder murder .. what energy would you be on? And u feel this way about rap. These stations and labels push the destruction of the yout..
Jus like tiktok. Over here .. foo foo ting we see..

In China you see engineering shyt.. shyt about Art..

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Its not to say. This will immediately eliminate violence by youth ..
But like I said. The ease to which children access this shyt and the way its pushed..

Real shyt.. if everyday .. every song u heard was murder murder .. what energy would you be on? And u feel this way about rap. These stations and labels push the destruction of the yout..
Jus like tiktok. Over here .. foo foo ting we see..

In China you see engineering shyt.. shyt about Art..
Do you live in the real world?

There was more crime before rap existed?

Are you a criminal?

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
the youth is not getting their filth on broadcast channels

it's really THAT simple. they haven't affected the supply of anything with this law. all the ills you are lamenting have not been affected in the slightest by this law.

Yute..
You buggin..
If you KNOW!! that your song has zero chance of AIRPLAY .. you will alter ur content ..

In yard about 20 years ago.. they banned all the "Killin of battyman" song.. they was like no visa for yall.. and it stopped... because it affected the money ..

So yea.. I knw I'm not getting my Tommy Lee fix from radio Ja . But maybe all of the songs he makes won't be about shot ah bwoy and maybe 1 or 2 about livity

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Do you live in the real world?

There was more crime before rap existed?

Are you a criminal?

Am I a fukking impressionable child?

Like play stupid all u want..

Did Mortal Kombat make me want to fukking throw knives on a chain at a nikka.. NO...
BUT IT DAMN SURE PUT THAT VISUAL IN THERE

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yute..
You buggin..
If you KNOW!! that your song has zero chance of AIRPLAY .. you will alter ur content ..

In yard about 20 years ago.. they banned all the "Killin of battyman" song.. they was like no visa for yall.. and it stopped... because it affected the money ..

So yea.. I knw I'm not getting my Tommy Lee fix from radio Ja . But maybe all of the songs he makes won't be about shot ah bwoy and maybe 1 or 2 about livity
let's wait and see. not even very long ago everyone catered to broadcast standards by having clean or radio friendly singles while the rest of their albums could be a filthy as they wanted. that is the only transition anyone would have to make. have one decent song that can air and keep the filth on the album.

i'm about accountability. I don't see that the blood lust and violence lust has left the people so. they will still demand their fix as long as it is palpable entertainment. we haven't changed the culture we are just putting bandages on it.