Jamaica bans music that glorifies drug use and violence

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This is the quote you're laughing at "If most rappers were CACs, the American Gov't would do the same. But since it's black folk, let that shyt fester."

The government sure took out the mafia, meanwhile Black gangs...
The mafia isn't gone.

This idea that the government somehow eliminates white people's undesirable elements while promoting minorities' elements is hilarious.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
The mafia isn't gone.

This idea that the government somehow eliminates white people's undesirable elements while promoting minorities' elements is hilarious.
MC Hammer isn't gone either, but he isn't here like he was in the 90s. The mafia used to have the murder rate high. They were mostly effecting White people.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Mchammer still exists as well, but not like he did in the 90s. The mafia used to have the murder rate high. They were mostly effecting White people.
I don't need a Youtube video to tell that your point was extremely flawed.

The thought that somehow this radio ban is going to change things in Jamaica, which are very likely tied to socioeconomic causes far before music, or that hip-hop is somehow "allowed" to exist to cause harm to the black community(when we're seeing law enforcement more active against rappers than maybe ever before) is delusional.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The mafia isn't gone.

Legit comedy.

The government has the power to alter human nature. :wow:
Apparently white crime organized or otherwise doesn't exist because they don't make up the bulk of famous rappers.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Legit comedy.

The government has the power to alter human nature. :wow:
Apparently white crime organized or otherwise doesn't exist because they don't make up the bulk of famous rappers.
These cats hate rap on a hip hop site and want black culture banned and are legit fighting FOR censorship therefore opening a can of worms they can’t even fathom. My thread I made is still the gift that keeps on giving.

RehReh

🖤GhettoDolly🖤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

I have no dog in this fight but I wish I was at this Sting
My 9 year old love Kartel, LOVES HIM

He wants to be a footballer or a Bull Farmer when he grows up

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
These cats hate rap on a hip hop site and want black culture banned and are legit fighting FOR censorship therefore opening a can of worms they can’t even fathom. My thread I made is still the gift that keeps on giving.

Imagine reading the thread title and OP and concluding that people want "Black culture" banned. It's beyond clear at this point that many of you believe that Black culture and criminality are basically the same thing.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
thats why banning something that people love won't work
which is my point. I'm not for the fukk shyt in music. just pointing out that cencorship isn't the answer

the shyt is still loved. they haven't eliminated THAT problem. that our culture is in the toilet. we have to change the popular culture and the love for criminality which is being celebrated in music.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If rappers was killing other ethnicities in their raps that shyt would've BEEN banned.

"Call my gun The Hitler cause I......."

The shyt would never fly

Black KKK.......gets the approval though .

Some people see it. Some still got their head stuck in the sand
yes other ethnicities have been loud about not wanting to be disparaged in Black music lately. from Arabs to Asians to Jews.

that shyt would have been banned BY THE PEOPLE IT TARGETS. finish that thought. WE ARE WAITING on people besides Black people to be outraged for us. that's the issue. Black people need to have internal dialogue about why depictions of violence amongst us of us are acceptable and entertaining. Stop deflecting to others

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Lets not fix the things that causes poverty, drug use and crime lets not let them talk about it in music. This is on some out of sight out of mind shyt because it's a reminder of their failure and guilt for their citizens. It makes them uncomfortable.

Same way cacs get flustered when it comes to talking about race. They know what their ancestors did they know what they and their systems are currently doing so they rather not talk about it.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine reading the thread title and OP and concluding that people want "Black culture" banned. It's beyond clear at this point that many of you believe that Black culture and criminality are basically the same thing.

No.
That's clearly what YOU think.
This is tantamount to nerds losing their shyt over comic book/dnd banning and the response to their dismay being "Clearly you think nerd culture is Satanism!!!" Or "Clearly you think nerd culture is BDSM and Boy love". :mjpls:

Dishonest drivel.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
No.
That's clearly what YOU think.
This is tantamount to nerds losing their shyt over comic book/dnd banning and the response to their dismay being "Clearly you think nerd culture is Satanism!!!" Or "Clearly you think nerd culture is BDSM and Boy love". :mjpls:

Dishonest drivel.

This thread is literally about Jamaica banning music that glorifies drug use and violence. Is that your definition of Black culture?