Jamaica bans music that glorifies drug use and violence

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
These threads always play out with people putting the cart before the horse. I"ll give an example of where I'm from. In the 80s up to now, reggae was the preferred musical choice for kids from the ghetto and subsequently, it was and still is associated with criminality to some degree due to the actions of a small % of the crowd it appealed to. But isn't reggae peace loving, calm music?So what was the issue, you couldn't even step into reggae clubs on certain days if you were p*ssy.

On the other hand, hip hop was a thing for the middle class "cool kids". As a matter of fact, middle class kids preferred the hardcore gangster rap compared to their ghetto counterparts who preferred a more conscious spin to the genre. Yet, where crime thrived between these two areas is as good as mine.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The post on Shaderoom has 500k likes.
Looks like a lotta "idiots" disagree with you

There's literally no way somebody can be black and not be tired of the bullshyt of this so called "culture"
Bro u think I give a fukk about some likes? See I’m a black man who actually out here DOING shyt rather than being online virtue signaling and not doing shyt but talking.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Bro u think I give a fukk about some likes? See I’m a black man who actually out here DOING shyt rather than being online virtue signaling and not doing shyt but talking.
You know damn well it's not about the "likes." you get my point quite well.
But play your role though

The rest of us will just keep being "idiots"

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fire.

Will it completely eradicate the violence and drug use? Of course not…but how can it ever hurt to remove something with so much influence over the youth that’s promoting violence and using drugs? It can only help.

Crazy how you have to forcefully remove and ban this type of shyt from humans to get them away from it, lol…muhfukkas love negativity boy. Imagine if their were no age restrictions on alcohol and cigs and shyt, 😆, high schools around the country would be full of drunk smokers
This still happens though.

We criminalize things to punish enablers or people who stand to profit not the people who use them.

When children "could" smoke and drink. There wasn't mass alcoholism and chain smokers.

There is a level of dishonesty to this "ban things I don't like" stance.