Jamaica bans music that glorifies drug use and violence

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
That's not what he's suggesting at all. For example, banning fast food would not fix obesity, or poverty.

Rap music that centers around anti-Black themes is a net-negative. It is not healthy for a people to consume content that belittles, diminishes or degrades the consumer. That's the state of a lot of modern rap, not all rap but a lot of it.
Do you have anything to support this reasoning?

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
:mjlol:

We're fighting for the right to continue churning out anti-Black music, content that literally cheers on the destruction of the Black community and further normalizes the wonton violence and death.

You're right, they do have us fukked up because we literally defend content that shyts on our community and doesn't benefit us in ANY meaningful way.
You are just brainwashed with self hate.
Nothing destructive about our music. Its not destroying our culture it is bringing it together and saving entire communities. You are looking at the culture with a racist microscope.
Only proof you have that rap music is doing that is your words. Your racist self hating opinion. Rap music as an art form. As oral tradition and our form of news reporting, record keeping, history keeping, social commentary, and organizing. You are taking away all of that, and blaming the kids for the failures of the society they are growing up in. JUST because they are black. You are judging the ENTRIE culture by a few misguided you, to push self hate rhetoric and propaganda. The way you use memes and then makes these fake deep really full of SELF HATE points. Really upsets me. Really bothers me, but its not your fault. Your literlly brainwashed to see your art and culture as criminal.
yall should listen to malcom x speeches. He called all this shyt was gonna happen, before rap.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
Malcolm said in ballot or bullet. That we would be criminalized, our culture and entire existence will be criminalized, then they will jail you. And use the system to keep you as a slave. They killed hiim. AND IT HAPPEN.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
That's not what he's suggesting at all. For example, banning fast food would not fix obesity, or poverty.

Rap music that centers around anti-Black themes is a net-negative. It is not healthy for a people to consume content that belittles, diminishes or degrades the consumer. That's the state of a lot of modern rap, not all rap but a lot of it.
Stop talking like this. There is no such thing as "rap music that centers around anti black themes" kinda shyt is that. This is passive aggressive black elitism. This is passive aggressive poor discrimination.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Malcolm said in ballot or bullet. That we would be criminalized, our culture and entire existence will be criminalized, then they will jail you. And use the system to keep you as a slave. They killed hiim. AND IT HAPPEN.
There’s no way in hell Malcolm X would fukk with any of this shyt especially if alive today as an elder stop invoking his name :bryan:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
How did banning Alcohol work for this country? Lol. And also before u answer that. Research the REAL reason alcohol was banned in the first place. After that. Research the ramifications that banning alcohol has had on not only crime. But the environment and the automotive industry as we know it. How bout y’all research Henry Ford and his media antics? Like I said before. Majority of y’all don’t know the history of shyt or why shyt is the way it is in this country from the beginning. Just repeat history’s mistakes and think shyt gonna be different.

Last edited:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
:what:

So banning rap music would fix poverty, inequality, lack or education and systemic racism :laff:
Don't know what that has to do with the large cluster of little nikkas going around shooting people and imitating the bafoonery of violent music, but you keep on being the WOAT type of defender for things that you always have been

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
There’s no way in hell Malcolm X would fukk with any of this shyt especially if alive today as an elder stop invoking his name :bryan:
Bruh you nikkas be so lost man. Why wouldnt I invoke a great thinker and teacher. Why wouldnt I talk to you with fact spoken by one of our greatest leaders, to prove to you that our culture is not criminal! To prove to you that you are just falling for the same thing he was warning us about 60 years ago. You are not a criminal for exisiting. He was preaching self respect. And appreciation of culture. I DEFINITELY WILL INVOKE HIS NAME.

I dont care what he would fukk with or not. That is not the point. You dont know what he would fukk with.
The point is, The plan that they have, to teach not just you but the whole world that your culture is criminal was what he was warning us about. And then to throw you in jail based on that. He didnt know the jackson5, crack or rap would happen, that is not the point. He couldnt.

Meme nikkas I swear.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It doesn't matter.

If the Jamaican government gives them certain rules to use for their country, they have to abide by the rules Jamaica gives them. Just like their relationship with China.

Just like with the European Union

So that would be up to the Jamaican govt to create the censorship. They can stop the music from being viewed on YouTube in JAMAICA. Not anywhere else.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Stop talking like this. There is no such thing as "rap music that centers around anti black themes" kinda shyt is that. This is passive aggressive black elitism. This is passive aggressive poor discrimination.

"My choppa hates n*ggas"