Jamaal Bowman should be the new model for black male democrats. Pay attention

Daps
Jamaal Bowman - Ballotpedia
Bowman won his primary w/ just 50k votes, there's 224k black ppl in his district. You be full throated on reparations, you can get 22% of the black population (that's roughly 50k) turn out for you in the primary.

Even if he ran on it, there isn't a snowball chance in hell that he'd be able to do anything on that issue.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jamaal Bowman - Ballotpedia
Bowman won his primary w/ just 50k votes, there's 224k black ppl in his district. You be full throated on reparations, you can get 22% of the black population (that's roughly 50k) turn out for you in the primary.

I mean if he willing to bark loud for the people.. He can run it like that..

We'll have to grow a new crop of black elected officials nationwide, that'll push for concrete tangibles for black people, from different angles..

Tangibles, necessary to rebuild black communities nationwide, must be the foremost issue from them all..

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Even if he ran on it, there isn't a snowball chance in hell that he'd be able to do anything on that issue.

That's a lie, he can push Sheila Jackson Lee to implement Dr. Darity's edits for HR 40, or just work w/ Darity on crafting a new reparations bill. Bowman already cool w/ AOC and the rest of the "squad", so he has potential co-sponsors right there if he was to draft a new bill.

Daps
That's a lie, he can push Sheila Jackson Lee to implement Dr. Darity's edits for HR 40, or just work w/ Darity on crafting a new reparations bill. Bowman already cool w/ AOC and the rest of the "squad", so he has potential co-sponsors right there if he was to draft a new bill.

That's 5 votes. And with the current state of US politics, that's all the votes that he would get

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jamaal ain't it :hubie:
He's a typical Bernie stan, he might say some hot shyt everynow and then bout race, but his priorities are helping "poor and working ppl" :hubie:

One of the Wu Tang members asked what's his top priority, he responded by saying affordable housing, UBI, and I believe health care.

I need race guys as black elected officials, not class guys :camby:

I definitely feel you on that. However, whose more likely to support policies exclusively for black people - A progressive leaning black man or some neoliberal corporate democrat?
All of his policies would benefit the black community in some aspect.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Jamaal ain't it :hubie:
He's a typical Bernie stan, he might say some hot shyt everynow and then bout race, but his priorities are helping "poor and working ppl" :hubie:

One of the Wu Tang members asked what's his top priority, he responded by saying affordable housing, UBI, and I believe health care.

I need race guys as black elected officials, not class guys :camby:

You don't think affordable housing, UBI, and healthcare helps black people?
:mjlol:

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i'm 100% for reps for descendants of slavery and bet the majority of the coli and black folks are. however, i get frustrated with people who can't or don't want to adapt the political environment. i believe we can make exponential progress to that end in 4-6 years, but it will take investing in people like jamaal that can gain access to political spaces, build alliances and voter base, then work (aka finesse) the system to push agendas forward. but its like some of yall never played poker before. you can't win by showing your hand right away.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Matter of fact, after rereading your initial post, you didn't even speak ill of Bowman.. :mjlol:
You see it. I did not say one negative word about that man. Rep you when I can. They are telling on themselves. Thank the lord that logical black men like you exist. I really do. Bc some ain’t gonna make it and we are supposed to be following your lead.
:snoop:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Support anyone that'll push black economic development, so that we could run our own little economic machine..

You can still advocate for social programs and other things that democrats love to push.. But the black economic piece must be very, very, evident..
:salute:Well stated.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
This was a good interview :ehh: Jamaal was saying a lot of good things him and the Dems are trying to do. Ebro is right about The Dems having a marketing problem, samething Roland has stated from time to time. If you're not telling the people what you have done on a dumb down level using memes and social media, some people not gonna get the info and damn sure not gonna look for it.

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
Damn this Nicole bird is dumb as rocks

Then you got a dude with MAGA in his name talking about he doesn't like Bowman cause he wants to give poor people healthcare education and a living wage.

Some of yall are really too stupid to function and perfectly encapsulate why our country is in its current state.