Jalen Brunson signs $156M extension with Knicks; Gives up chance at 5-year $269M contract in 2025

How critical is this for NYK?

• Total voters

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's wrong with winning 55 games and going to the ECF every year?

We just watched the Celtics do it FIVE times before they won a ring

You guys suck. You're only gonna make the ECF is such a weird stance to take. But here we are. Lmao.
The C's been to the Finals twice and have a ring :mjlol: . They have always been on track/schedule to win it all. The Knicks current core of Brunson/Bridges/Randle are older than Brown/Tatum NOW.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Jalen is bugging. Unless he has a no trade clause, i don't get this move. I'm sorry ya'll I know Knicks fans are happy. But they will trade Brunson if they don't win or get an unbelievable offer. Stop staying loyal to teams that aren't loyal to you.

They would never trade Brunson... you're bugging. They literally brought in his whole college team to play with him. His father played for the knicks and is on the knicks coaching staff.. this is the final stop for Brunson unless he decides to leave and I don't think he will

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
So.... if JB did this to save money for the team so they can sign nikkas in the future.... I'm not big on all this contract shyt someone help me out on this.... why didn't IHart sign a 1 year deal and just re up for more next season?

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Porzingis did go down. :gucci:

But you listed the penalties thw Celtics will face. They are noteworthy , however ….they won! With no one taking any pay cuts. They are the WORST example to use for your point. JB and Tatum in back to back summers signed the biggest contracts in league history. Plus KP. Plus Derrick white signing a vastly overpriced salary. Plus whatever Jrue is making. No one took paycuts

So to get around roster restrictions what did they do? Sam Howser you’re up. Peyton Pritchard you’re up. That’s how you make organizations put work in, not taking a paycut.

And when you say roster construction, what exactly do you mean?

Brunson
OG
Bridges
Randle
Robinson
Bench: Hart, Divencenzo, Precious, McBride

Who is he saving money for prime Ewing?!?
You are a complete idiot. Celtics made all these moves before the new luxury tax kicked in. If you honestly don’t see how this will hurt the Celtics going forward, idk what to tell you.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
The owners are selling the team for a reason. No mle, no first round draft pick and can't take more money byke in a trade

ONE Owner out of 30+ is selling his stake. Ya'll are shameless with the lies lol

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Porzingis did go down. :gucci:

But you listed the penalties thw Celtics will face. They are noteworthy , however ….they won! With no one taking any pay cuts. They are the WORST example to use for your point. JB and Tatum in back to back summers signed the biggest contracts in league history. Plus KP. Plus Derrick white signing a vastly overpriced salary. Plus whatever Jrue is making. No one took paycuts

So to get around roster restrictions what did they do? Sam Howser you’re up. Peyton Pritchard you’re up. That’s how you make organizations put work in, not taking a paycut.

And when you say roster construction, what exactly do you mean?

Brunson
OG
Bridges
Randle
Robinson
Bench: Hart, Divencenzo, Precious, McBride

Who is he saving money for prime Ewing?!?
The aprons go into effect this season… :dahell:

Furthermore, make up your mind. Are we good enough as we are to be contenders now, or do we not have enough to compete?

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
You are a complete idiot. Celtics made all these moves before the new luxury tax kicked in. If you honestly don’t see how this will hurt the Celtics going forward, idk what to tell you.

It doesn’t matter how it will ‘hurt them’ in the future bc they already won.

Yall keep bringing up penalties. The only thing they can take is money or picks.

1- When you already have a deep roster, ngga fukk them picks. You think the Celtics give a flying fukk about the 30th pick in the draft with Tatum and brown are in their prime. Cost of doing business

2- It then comes down to who’s the one losing money. Owners or players. Yall tap dancing ass nggas have made it clear you can’t FATHOM those owners losing money and it’s admiral if it’s the players :scust:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
It doesn’t matter how it will ‘hurt them’ in the future bc they already won.

Yall keep bringing up penalties. The only thing they can take is money or picks.

1- When you already have a deep roster, ngga fukk them picks. You think the Celtics give a flying fukk about the 30th pick in the draft with Tatum and brown are in their prime. Cost of doing business

2- It then comes down to who’s the one losing money. Owners or players. Yall tap dancing ass nggas have made it clear you can’t FATHOM those owners losing money and it’s admiral if it’s the players :scust:
You really are a fukking idiot. If the owners doesn’t want to pay the luxury tax, guess what, trades get made to lower payroll, team is broken up, and your back to being playoff fodder.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
So.... if JB did this to save money for the team so they can sign nikkas in the future.... I'm not big on all this contract shyt someone help me out on this.... why didn't IHart sign a 1 year deal and just re up for more next season?
Cause it’s a gamble. At least Brunson is gambling on his literal godfather taking care of him. I Hart doesn’t have that same familial trust, understandably. He takes a one year deal and the Knicks still can’t really give him 29 million without guaranteeing they go into the second apron earlier than they anticipated. And that’s even without the injury risk factored in.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You really are a fukking idiot. If the owners doesn’t want to pay the luxury tax, guess what, trades get made to lower payroll, team is broken up, and your back to being playoff fodder.
He thinks WE care about the owners money. No we care that THEY care about it. It’s a big difference.