Jalen Brunson signs $156M extension with Knicks; Gives up chance at 5-year $269M contract in 2025

How critical is this for NYK?

• Total voters

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Hmmm I would guess his agent can get more than that on the open market.....but he may love NY( but again Leon is only godfather to one person...all these other guys expendable and I would bet some of them wont play out their full extensions in NY)
Hart said after he got traded here that he was looking for a home (long term). Him & his wife just have toddler twins, and seem to like living in NY. I don’t think breh trying to go anywhere anytime soon.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hmmm I would guess his agent can get more than that on the open market.....but he may love NY( but again Leon is only godfather to one person...all these other guys expendable and I would bet some of them wont play out their full extensions in NY)

He wasn't exactly lighting it up in Portland before we traded for him.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
That's literally what he did though. He took the money today because he could hurt himself tomorrow and never see that contract again. He didn't give up any money, he took the max he could get today without risking injury.
Feel you and it's a risk either way but my saying tomorrow is not promised is in him hoping he is still the player he is by time it is to talk about 400 million potentially. We can spin it as a great thing all we want but still doesn't mean he made the best decision.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Ya’ll forgot what happened to Isaiah Thomas in Boston? JB is 6’1” and played through multiple injuries this playoff run. In another timeline that goes terribly wrong. Get your money now and reup in a couple years.
The money that top guys are earning now are so ridiculous that these pay cuts are really not going to hurt as much as they did even 5-6 years ago at some point when you reach the 100+ million dollar tier its up to them

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
He wasn't exactly lighting it up in Portland before we traded for him.
Maybe

But he has demonstrated being a high effort hustle guy who is an absolute glass cleaner on the boards......those kinds of role players definitely have thick offer sheets out there waiting

But it's a moot point...like Jack said earlier he seems to like NY and wants to put down long term roots