Jalen Brunson signs $156M extension with Knicks; Gives up chance at 5-year $269M contract in 2025

How critical is this for NYK?

• Total voters

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Porzingis did go down. :gucci:

But you listed the penalties thw Celtics will face. They are noteworthy , however ….they won! With no one taking any pay cuts. They are the WORST example to use for your point. JB and Tatum in back to back summers signed the biggest contracts in league history. Plus KP. Plus Derrick white signing a vastly overpriced salary. Plus whatever Jrue is making. No one took paycuts

So to get around roster restrictions what did they do? Sam Howser you’re up. Peyton Pritchard you’re up. That’s how you make organizations put work in, not taking a paycut.

And when you say roster construction, what exactly do you mean?

Brunson
OG
Bridges
Randle
Robinson
Bench: Hart, Divencenzo, Precious, McBride

Who is he saving money for prime Ewing?!?
A better backup center than Precious Achiuwa

Braman

Superstar
Daps
A better backup center than Precious Achiuwa

Me personally I’m not turning down 100 mill so you can sign Thomas Bryant

181-1812547_my-bad-we-got-a-badass-over-here.png

That’s just me tho

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Competitive in what way? Making the Playoffs and maxing out as an ECF exit? Dude took a massive paycut for a team that still isn't winning no titles. It was objectively a dumbass move by him and his agency and suggesting otherwise is hilarious homerism

What's wrong with winning 55 games and going to the ECF every year?

We just watched the Celtics do it FIVE times before they won a ring

You guys suck. You're only gonna make the ECF is such a weird stance to take. But here we are. Lmao.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Stop posting overt pro-league media. That’s what they do. They act the same on debate shows too. Them analysts and experts are ALWAYS in favor of the league and the teams.
He’s right tho. Brunson has had multiple hip injuries over the last two years. It is kind of smart to lock up the money as a smaller bruising guard.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
This is still disingenuous. It assumes that next off season, Brunson would only sign for 3 years

However, it was unlikely that Brunson actually would have wanted to commit himself to New York beyond the 2027-28 season for one simple reason: That will be his 10th season in the NBA.

So let me get this straight, he’s playing it safe and taking the the money at 28, but he’s gonna roll the dice and try to re-up at age 32 :comeon:

lmao

And this thread needs to go in the rafters so we can check back round extension time and see how much the ny fans and ownership feel about giving him that next batch of money