Ja says he would cook MJ

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
If Ja retired today he peaked higher than Dumars did.

Depends on what one's value for a peak. I consider Dumar's All-NBA Defensive, Finals MVP+Title in the same year as a higher peak than what Morant has achieved thus far.

quote it.

Quote the "played with teachers" over the top angles. I will discredit any idiot who says Ja would have trouble scoring 20 ppg in the late 80s early 90s when players with a 1/5th of his talent were doing so.

not a DAMN THING hyperbolic in saying if Tracy Murray can average 16ppg, Michael Adams 23ppg, that Ja would have no trouble averaging 20 unlike the trash you posted saying he would

But that's hyperbolic? :camby:

There is inherit exaggeration in taking a journeyman's outlier years to exponentiate Morant's effectiveness. This is part of that hyperbole. Morant would probably be good on his own merit. Because Murray or Adams were serviceable some years doesn't correlate to Morant's assumed-undisputed effectiveness in those years. It's wildly overexaggerating Adams' and Murray's overall effectiveness to be able to support Ja Morant's capabilities.

You keep asking for examples and I use them in the same posts. :russ:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Depends on what one's value for a peak. I consider Dumar's All-NBA Defensive, Finals MVP+Title in the same year as a higher peak than what Morant has achieved thus far.

There is inherit exaggeration in taking a journeyman's outlier years to exponentiate Morant's effectiveness. This is part of that hyperbole. Morant would probably be good on his own merit. Because Murray or Adams were serviceable some years doesn't correlate to Morant's assumed-undisputed effectiveness in those years. It's wildly overexaggerating Adams' and Murray's overall effectiveness to be able to support Ja Morant's capabilities.

You keep asking for examples and I use them in the same posts. :russ:
There's an exaggeration in saying Morant would struggle to average 20 ppg in the 80s.

STRUGGLE. You think being word saladish means shyt.

What's worse?

"Saying Morant would have trouble scoring 20 ppg in the late 80s/early 90s (your comment)

or

posting journeyman of lesser talent who ACTUALLY SCORED 20+ppg in the late 80s or 90s?

Compare the two. :snoop:

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Jalen Green and Jordan are both 6'4.x without shoes and you got to consider Jordan and Ja are similar athletically so Ja's athleticism won't be clutch.

A 1991-1993 Jordan, with that bag and the athleticism is really a player that maybe 3, at most 5, people in league history could have checked (meaning Jordan doesn't obliterate them for 30+ when he wants to) and Ja would not be one of them.

EGAoz5NW4AcQ_L5.jpg
Talking about cooking MJ when both of them together could fit in one MJ pant leg :dame:

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point in his career what has Morant done to prove he is or will be better than Dumars?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
At this point in his career what has Morant done to prove he is or will be better than Dumars?
Not enough, but 27 and 7 on 49% from the field for a WCF team in his third year means it's not out of the question. I don't buy Ja staying healthy in that era either, he's missed 15 games minimum each season so far.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
There's an exaggeration in saying Morant would struggle to average 20 ppg in the 80s.

STRUGGLE. You think being word saladish means shyt.

What's worse? Saying Morant would have trouble scoring 20 ppg in the late 80s/early 90s or posting journeyman of lesser talent who ACTUALLY SCORED 20+ppg in the late 80s or 90s?

Compare the two.

No word salad. :yeshrug: I'm trying to be thorough.

I find the latter statement worse, since it is disingenuous. How many years did either player do 20ppg+? How many games did they play in said seasons? These are outliers for those players. Outliers are not reliable for a reason.

To throw in my two cents, I don't think Morant would struggle to get to 20ppg, but defenses closing the lane on him would mean he'd be forced to shoot more. Even MJ's driving ass was forced to lean back. We have not seen what Morant is and isn't completely capable of, but the outlook is promising.

Which is the very core of my first post in this thread. Man's career just started, and people are putting him over Dumars' established career. If Morant retired tomorrow, he's ahead of Dumars? I say absolutely not. It's a silly take.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

The real question is how would Ja hold someone like MJ from scoring? MJ is three inches taller, stronger, better finisher at the rim, goat midrange (Ja has little to no midrange game yet), etc. Ja isn’t a good defender at all…….this is laughable :mjlol:

Even MJ haters’ favorite player wouldn’t take Ja over MJ :mjlol:
Right.. key thing is he too strong for lil man. JA would get that work

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Of course you find it to be fantastical. Because you’re dishonest as fukk.Ja Morant is 10 times the player Michael Adams in many 20 point per game scorers were back then yet he is who you say would struggle when presented with examples of lower tier players managing to average 20 points per game in the season. 100% trash posting that is easy to deconstruct. I’m pointing to facts. Lower tier players who actually averaged 20 points per game back in the late 1980s and early 90s. That goes against your belief that Morant with struggle to average what is below tier players averaged in a season. But your dishonesty just won’t allow you to move from that stubborn and stupid place. This is why NBA discussions of the trashiest in all the sports
I find the latter statement worse, since it is disingenuous.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Jordan's ghost has terrorized certain nikkas for so long that they're willing to hitch their wagon to Ja Morant to make it stop. Got nikkas out here looking like Scrooge when Jacob Marley came to visit. :wow:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps

That MJ guy, what a overrated bum…….never losing three games in a row in 626 straight games . They even crunched mathematical odds of a team doing what his bulls did. 1 in 1 quadrillion. Got better odds winning the powerball more than once than doing what MJ did.

Yeah he’s so overrated:mjgrin:

Last edited:

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jordan's ghost has terrorized certain nikkas for so long that they're willing to hitch their wagon to Ja Morant to make it stop. Got nikkas out here looking like Scrooge when Jacob Marley came to visit. :wow:
These nikkas writing essays :mjlol: cant stand the fact that Jordan is still the gold standard.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Of course you find it to be fantastical. Because you’re dishonest as fukk. Ja Morant is 10 times the player Michael Adams in many 20 point per game scorers were back then yet he is who you say would struggle when presented with examples of lower tier players managing to average 20 points per game in the season. 100% trash posting that is easy to deconstruct. I’m pointing to facts. Lower tier players who actually averaged 20 points per game back in the late 1980s and early 90s. That goes against your belief that Morant with struggle to average what is below tier players averaged in a season. But your dishonesty just won’t allow you to move from that stubborn and stupid place. This is why NBA discussions of the trashiest in all the sports

Which is why I said it was stupid to exaggerate outlier seasons of iffy players of another era to support Ja Morant, when you could just use Ja Morant himself as a better support piece. :dead: Extrapolating "shytty" players and their abnormal seasons doesn't help put Ja Morant in a better scope, is disingenuous, and plays DOWN Ja Morant's offensive skillset as an abnormality.

I used MJ of all people to showcase defenses would be willing to collapse on drivers. A great example of a player who was exceptional with lane driving and also how it was dealt with. You're using Michael Adams' bizarro years. :picard:

"Easy to deconstruct" when you're arguing in circles and need to be redirected to prior points almost every response. :russ:

You're arguing just to argue now, even though we're in the same camp of Morant probably reaching 20ppg. :coffee:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Not enough, but 27 and 7 on 49% from the field for a WCF team in his third year means it's not out of the question. I don't buy Ja staying healthy in that era either, he's missed 15 games minimum each season so far.
Not true.

Morant played 67 of 73 games in ‘20
Morant played 63 of 72 games in ‘21
Morant played 57 of 82 games in ‘22

Last season was really his only season where he missed a lot of games and the Grizz played so well when he was out they probably held him out longer on some of those injuries.

Injuries in that era implies that you think Ja would be more injury prone then and I hope this isn’t a “physicality” argument. :mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Be better at the game of basketball. I can’t believe this needs to be explained.

Same stage of development it’s not even close.