Ja says he would cook MJ

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
If that's how you interpret Morant's potential struggle, then it's just differing viewpoints on that subject. Not sure what to say other than I do not equate whatever ails Morant would have with those of Tony Campbell and Michael Adams.

Personally, I see his potential struggle as difficulty to replace the points derived from driving to the rim into other areas if defenses were to routinely clog the lane on drives. If 80s/90s defenses could start knocking MJ to the point where he needs to rely on the J, I don't see this to be unfathomable for Morant who is smaller and much less efficient shooting outside the paint building even more reliance on driving to the hoop. Really depends on how his midrange turns out because as it stands, using the T-Wolves series as an example of cutting down points by drive, he gets down to about 20ppg if nothing improves.

I'm relatively certain he could make due, though. I noted he is probably going to improve outside the paint at some point, probably sooner than we think. However, this is a sticking point of his and a valid criticism.

Circling back, Campbell and Adams just do not have that productive output at a consistent basis to justify them being used as examples to Morant. It again, belittles Morant and pedestals Campbell and Adams' seasons that were definitely outside their normal. You want to act like they're model 20ppg (or more) players, you do you.
The Pistons knocked MJ around and all of a sudden, its the entire NBA that played Pistons ball.

:heh:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
If that's how you interpret Morant's potential struggle, then it's just differing viewpoints on that subject. Not sure what to say other than I do not equate whatever ails Morant would have with those of Tony Campbell and Michael Adams.

Personally, I see his potential struggle as difficulty to replace the points derived from driving to the rim into other areas if defenses were to routinely clog the lane on drives. If 80s/90s defenses could start knocking MJ to the point where he needs to rely on the J, I don't see this to be unfathomable for Morant who is smaller and much less efficient shooting outside the paint building even more reliance on driving to the hoop. Really depends on how his midrange turns out because as it stands, using the T-Wolves series as an example of cutting down points by drive, he gets down to about 20ppg if nothing improves.

I'm relatively certain he could make due, though. I noted he is probably going to improve outside the paint at some point, probably sooner than we think. However, this is a sticking point of his and a valid criticism.

Circling back, Campbell and Adams just do not have that productive output at a consistent basis to justify them being used as examples to Morant. It again, belittles Morant and pedestals Campbell and Adams' seasons that were definitely outside their normal. You want to act like they're model 20ppg (or more) players, you do you.
This is what happens when you watch that Bad Boys 30 for 30 too much :dead:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
The Pistons knocked MJ around and all of a sudden, its the entire NBA that played Pistons ball.

:heh:

I used the Grizz-Wolves series as a direct example with Morant dealing with lane clogging and traps to further enhance a point. Morant was held to 21ppg and inefficient percentages. I used the Pistons-MJ 80s example for both ends adapting as that's the one example everyone knows of the time, despite Jordan being a vastly superior player for the analogy. It isn't like defenses wouldn't know what to do with a smaller driver who doesn't shoot as well outside the paint.

Even with the hand-holding, you're still plucking out of context. :francis:

This is what happens when you watch that Bad Boys 30 for 30 too much :dead:

The humor is certainly not lost coming from the poster who proclaims just these past 3 Morant years eclipses not just Dumars' stellar 88-89 year, but his career as a whole.

Tell me again, how did Morant peak past All-NBA Def nominations, Finals MVP and Finals win these past three years? :feedme:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I used the Grizz-Wolves series as a direct example with Morant dealing with lane clogging and traps to further enhance a point. Morant was held to 21ppg and inefficient percentages. I used the Pistons-MJ 80s example for both ends adapting as that's the one example everyone knows of the time, despite Jordan being a vastly superior player for the analogy. It isn't like defenses wouldn't know what to do with a smaller driver who doesn't shoot as well outside the paint.

Even with the hand-holding, you're still plucking out of context. :francis:

The humor is certainly not lost coming from the poster who proclaims just these past 3 Morant years eclipses not just Dumars' stellar 88-89 year, but his career as a whole.

Tell me again, how did Morant peak past All-NBA Def nominations, Finals MVP and Finals win these past three years? :feedme:
Pistons couldn’t do shyt with Jordan he destroyed them in the paint still and just got maddd FT attempts

Ja would be the PG version of Jordan in that era

The average 80’s defense was not the Pistons either

U still bringing up era specific. circumstantial accomplishments Dumars did nothing as a number one option

I think it’s very few posters here who would choose a Khris Middleton or Klay Thompson both superior to Dumars over Ja

Last edited:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Pistons couldn’t do shyt with Jordan he destroyed them in the paint still and just got maddd FT attempts

The average 80’s defense was not the Pistons either

U still bringing up accomplishments Dumars did nothing as a number one option

I think it’s very few posters here who would choose a Khris Middleton or Klay Thompson over Ja

I doubt Morant would be as successful as MJ in said defenses, given Morant's much poorer outside paint percentages and allowing more physical lane defense is worse for the shorter guys driving.

Takeaway to that being a valid criticism now of Morant. He would definitely need a better outside shot to develop should the lanes close. I've already given a recent example series where that very thing just happened. Trapped and lanes close off, 21ppg averaged for Morant. I'm sure he'd have no problem getting 20ppg given the examples. However, there is valid skepticism. The haziness on the subject comes from his poor midrange.

You don't need Pistons level, championship physical defense, just T-Wolves level of dealing with it which is entirely feasible.

Dumars' accolades that year are stellar for anyone, let alone a guard. Putting down that high level of defensive play, coupled with a Finals MVP and 'ship on the same year, to prop up Morant's otherwise early exits is foolish.

Grizz record without Morant was pretty good, but I'm not gonna hold it against Morant. :lolbron:

I could see more people taking Klay because he's a far better shooter.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I doubt Morant would be as successful as MJ in said defenses, given Morant's much poorer outside paint percentages and allowing more physical lane defense is worse for the shorter guys driving.

Takeaway to that being a valid criticism now of Morant. He would definitely need a better outside shot to develop should the lanes close. I've already given a recent example series where that very thing just happened. Trapped and lanes close off, 21ppg averaged for Morant. I'm sure he'd have no problem getting 20ppg given the examples. However, there is valid skepticism. The haziness on the subject comes from his poor midrange.

You don't need Pistons level, championship physical defense, just T-Wolves level of dealing with it which is entirely feasible.

Dumars' accolades that year are stellar for anyone, let alone a guard. Putting down that high level of defensive play, coupled with a Finals MVP and 'ship on the same year, to prop up Morant's otherwise early exits is foolish.

Grizz record without Morant was pretty good, but I'm not gonna hold it against Morant. :lolbron:

Some of these posts are extremely horrible. The defenses in today's NBA are way better just due to the athletes, length, and defensive rules along. Morant would murder the NBA in the 80s as would most of today's best players. They are way too skilled. You talk all of this foolishness and forget the game wasn't all that active on both ends and a lot of wasted possessions. That NBA was extremely transition based. You had guys who exclusively dropped 24ppg a game just off transition points, if Ben Simmons played in that era, we would be looking at him as one of the GOATs.

You put someone like Ja into the 80s and it's a cheat code. An elite playmaker who can score at will. You can't trap Ja, no one can trap him in today's NBA. He's too quick, too good of a ball handler and too elite at playmaking not to mention, one of the most explosive players to ever grace the league.

What's with coli posters and just being flat out retards?

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It’s proven players are getting injured more often in this era because of the mileage on the body because players are putting more stress on their joints in the AAU system and playing in a fast paced era that requires more movement and more ground to cover than ever.

In his first two years he missed a combined 15 games which isn’t bad at all. Only last year were injuries a problem and really it was a nagging bone bruise. The majority of his injuries have been minor, typical basketball player ding ups like ankle sprains and back spasms.

His health won’t be perfect throughout his career but that’s most players.

Ja in the 80’s=PG version of Jordan

There's a correlation between certain TYPES of injuries in this era due to mileage. There's also much better treatment and recovery thanks to medical advancements which both creates better opportunities to return from formerly career ending injuries AND chances for a player to reinjure something and juice those numebrs.

In his first two years he missed 32 games combined, not 15. He's never managed a 70 game season which is wild when even injury-prone types like Mitch have that simple accomplishment under their belt.

He's missed nearly a quarter of the games he was eligible to play in his first three seasons and failed to close out.

Nobody but the biggest Ja stans would believe he's PG version of Jordan in the 80's. Ja's a great offensive player in any era, but that's about it. Let him be the best PG in his own era before you start treating him like the GOAT of another. Especially one that played at a pace and style directly opposed to his best talents. He'd be more likely to be feeding a post-up big than he'd be to run the showtime Lakers offense. Ja is closer to Kevin Johnson in current form.

Last edited:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Act like Mike can’t get cooked y’all. Ja isn’t humbled but he ain’t lying.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

He would still destroy them just to a lesser degree

I didn’t say he’d be Jordan I said he would be a PG version

I already told you Morant is a capable midrange shooter particularly from 10-16 feet and he generates tons of offense from the floater range 3-10 feet. In this era his shooting %’s outside the paint suffer because the game is three point oriented. In that era where the game is played 15 feet in his shooting would be more efficient and he would be taking a lot more shots from 15 feet.

80’s defenses were not sophisticated enough to stop individual offensive players they were limited by the illegal defense rule. They (Detroit) never seen something like Morant. U can go series for series they weren’t limiting individual offensive players like that especially athletic ones. Go watch games. Not highlights, not 30 for 30’s watch the tape. The way the Wolves guarded Morant would not even be legal in those days.

Yeah the Grizzlies was good without Morant they have a deep team and one of the best back up PG’s in the league in Tyus.

Dumars accolades are respective to their era and his luck of the draw to end up on what became a mini dynasty. Doesn’t mean he was better at basketball than Morant.

Very few posters on the Coli are choosing Klay or Khris over Ja and both were better than Dumars get that better shooter shyt outta here that man isn’t seen as a viable shot creator and for that reason alone Coli would choose Ja.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
There's a correlation between certain TYPES of injuries in this era due to mileage. There's also much better treatment and recovery thanks to medical advancements which both creates better opportunities to return from formerly career ending injuries AND chances for a player to reinjure something and juice those numebrs.

In his first two years he missed 32 games combined, not 15. He's never managed a 70 game season which is wild when even injury-prone types like Mitch have that simple accomplishment under their belt.

He's missed nearly a quarter of the games he was eligible to play in his first three seasons and failed to close out.

Nobody but the biggest Ja stans would believe he's PG version of Jordan in the 80's. Ja's a great offensive player in any era, but that's about it. Let him be the best PG in his own era before you start treating him like the GOAT of another. Especially one that played at a pace and style directly opposed to his best talents. He'd be more likely to be feeding a post-up big than he'd be to run the showtime Lakers offense. Ja is closer to Kevin Johnson in current form.
Players get injured more now stop juelzing. Players spent a lot of time completely idle then in comparison to now a lot of the time didn’t even bother closing out on jumpers. The wear and tear on the joints and ligaments is different now.

He missed 15 games combined first two seasons. Those were 72-73 game seasons.

Stop doubling down.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Players get injured more now stop juelzing. Players spent a lot of time completely idle then in comparison to now a lot of the time didn’t even bother closing out on jumpers. The wear and tear on the joints and ligaments is different now.

He missed 15 games combined first two seasons. Those were 72-73 game seasons.

Stop doubling down.
I see my mistake, forgot the shortened seasons.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Let's do the math...
Season one 67 regular season games played: 82-67 = 15
Season two 63 regular season games played: 82-63 = 19
Season three 57 regular season games played: 82-57 = 25

:mjlol: ...FoH

This is my last time responding to this since it doesn’t seem you are even reading.

U know something called COVID happened right which shortened the last two regular seasons? Last season was his only season missing a lot of games.

Season one 67 regular season games played. 73-67=5
Season two 63 regular season games played. 72-63=9
Season three 57 regular season games played. 82-57=25

His most significant career injury is a bone bruise in his knee. Ya narrative trash.