Ja says he would cook MJ

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Ja can barely shoot. His game is based on driving to the basket. And he's only 6'3 170. That's a recipe for disaster.

And Dumars was ridiculously underrated offensively. He could easily take over a game, almost at will. If he were on some other team besides the team-oriented Pistons and was given more licence, he'll have been able to average 25ppg even in the late 80's and 90's.
Bruh....you said Ja would struggle to score 20ppg in an era where Tony Campbell and Charles Smith were averaging 20.

That's trash.

Daps
Dude will say anything. Gatdayum Jeff Malone and Tony fukking Campbell were dropping 23ppg in 89 but Ja Morant would struggle to average 20?

Tony butchered flattop Campbell. :what:
Jeff Malone was better than Ja . You have to look at eras and how they fit in. You can't just compare stats directly across eras as if that has any meanings.

Too many rule changes have softened up and watered down the game, especially for perimeter players.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I don't think anyone here REALLY doubts his potential. He just hasn't accomplished anything yet. And this initial emptiness continues to get compared to already established achievements and legacies. That's the first gaffe. :dead:
I have doubts about any fool who says he would have struggled to average 20 in the late 80s and early 90s a "proof." :camby:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Jeff Malone was better than Ja . You have to look at eras and how they fit in. You can't just compare stats directly across eras as if that has any meanings.

Too many rule changes have softened up and watered down the game, especially for perimeter players.
Jeff Malone was a sharp shooter. I liked Jeff, but he was in no way in Ja's league. Nique wasn't a great shooter and got off being a beast taking it to the basket. But somehow, Ja wouldn't be in an era where they'd be forced to defend him one on one.

Now talk Tony Campbell and his scoring.

:camby:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Dude will say anything. Gatdayum Jeff Malone and Tony fukking Campbell were dropping 23ppg in 89 but Ja Morant would struggle to average 20?

Tony butchered flattop Campbell. :what:
fukking weirdo has a whole blogsite and YouTube dedicated to dikk sucking Jordan

In order to big up Jordan he has to big up his competition which is why he is asserting that a career 16/2/4 guy that was a 6’2/6’3 SG is better than an elite offensive engine like Ja Morant who is essentially a modern day taller and more efficient Iverson

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

This bozo is smoking dikks

Imagine having to guard Ja man-to-man in the 80’s he would break the fukking game and be the PG version of Jordan

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I don't think anyone here REALLY doubts his potential. He just hasn't accomplished anything yet. And this initial emptiness continues to get compared to already established achievements and legacies. That's the first gaffe. :dead:
What the fukk does that have to do with whose better at basketball and who has more ability, more skill, more talent, more athleticism nothing.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I have doubts about any fool who says he would have struggled to average 20 in the late 80s and early 90s a "proof." :camby:

Speaking for myself, I'm not suggesting he would struggle. He just hasn't accomplished anything tangible just yet, and it's stupid to keep that short timeframe of Morant's against decade-plus careers. Again, you'd think he's already won the 3pt contest, dunk contest, sunk a fan's half-court shot and won the All-Star game MVP in one night with these awful takes.

Besides, acting like the 90s was full of substitute teachers is disingenuous of itself. You do you, I guess. :manny:

Daps
Jeff Malone was a sharp shooter. I liked Jeff, but he was in no way in Ja's league. Nique wasn't a great shooter and got off being a beast taking it to the basket. But somehow, Ja wouldn't be in an era where they'd be forced to defend him one on one.

Now talk Tony Campbell and his scoring.

You can't seriously compare 6'8 Dominique to Ja Morant. C'mon dude. And Jeff Malone was an all round great player. I have no doubt he was a better ball player than Morant but Morant is one of these types that benefits significantly from this heavily watered down NBA.

Do you realize just how watered down it is now? Morant is exactlty the type of "star" today that will have issues back in the day scoring.

Now someone like Booker will still be very good and average more than 20ppg, but I have serious doubts with Ja. Just my opinion bro

NYC Rebel

Daps
Speaking for myself, I'm not suggesting he would struggle. He just hasn't accomplished anything tangible just yet, and it's stupid to keep that short timeframe of Morant's against decade-plus careers. Again, you'd think he's already won the 3pt contest, dunk contest, sunk a fan's half-court shot and won the All-Star game MVP in one night with these awful takes.

Besides, acting like the 90s was full of substitute teachers is disingenuous of itself. You do you, I guess. :manny:
Then why are you getting on us. Your whole "you acting like (fill in with your own over the top self created nonsense)__________" is trash. No one said " the 90s was full of substitute teachers is disingenuous of itself. You do you, I guess." besides you.

Yall stay creating fake posters to respond to. NO ONE SAID THAT shyt.

No one is "acting like"

He would eat in the overrated 90s, period but here you are on some "yall acting like" debate.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Wait this is the quote that’s been goin viral???

Reminds me of what Dave Chappelle was just talkin about. You can’t remove context. He’s obviously just having a light hearted moment and the reporter broached the topic. They making it like he went out of his way to shyt on Mike. Media is shyt these days and fans are becoming corrupted by it, just as sensationalist

Daps
Then why are you getting on us. Your whole "you acting like (fill in with your own over the top self created nonsense)__________" is trash. No one said " the 90s was full of substitute teachers is disingenuous of itself. You do you, I guess." besides you.

No one is "acting like"

It was about Dumars vs Morant. Dumars is better than Morant in my opinion. Morant will struggle to average 20ppg in the late 80's and early 90's because he's 6'3 170 and can't shoot.

He might maybe crack 20ppg or 21ppg 1 time or 2 times in his career, but he'll average about 18ppg for his career as a score 1st point guard. It is what it is.

He's not averaging 27ppg in the 90's or anything close to that. You're deluded or just a fanboy

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

No one is "acting like"

Because hyperbole is fine in this use case to sell parts of the ridiculousness as *drum roll* ridiculous.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Because hyperbole is fine in this use case to sell parts of the ridiculousness as *drum roll* ridiculous.
No one was being hyperbolic except you cats dressing up niqqas in hyperbolic commentary they never wore.

Either quote over the top comments or stop creating them.

Yall dudes cant make a point without going “create-a-poster”

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You can't seriously compare 6'8 Dominique to Ja Morant. C'mon dude. And Jeff Malone was an all round great player. I have no doubt he was a better ball player than Morant but Morant is one of these types that benefits significantly from this heavily watered down NBA.

Do you realize just how watered down it is now? Morant is exactlty the type of "star" today that will have issues back in the day scoring.

Now someone like Booker will still be very good and average more than 20ppg, but I have serious doubts with Ja. Just my opinion bro
U don’t know shyt about basketball bytch

Ja is a supremely skilled interior scorer his dexterity and acrobatics are top notch. He dominates in floater range with all types of floaters and push shots.

In the 80’s he would have to be defended man-to-man and would be blowing by dudes at will going down hill.

He’s considered a poor shooter in this era in the 80’s he would be fine he’s a good shooter from 10-16 feet which is where nikkas shot from then.

46% on 121 attempts his rookie year
44% on 150 attempts his sophomore year
38% on 169 attempts his junior year

His I.Q. is high he will punish doubles this is a guy that led the nation in scoring and assist he is a very good playmaker and poised confident floor general.

He would be the PG version of Jordan in that era he would break the game.

His athleticism and ball handling would be completely foreign and next level to players then.

STOP POSTING BULLSHYT p*ssy