J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Somebody said because this shyt is exactly 3:30 minutes long its another 3:30 diss out there from Cole

7min

Interesting

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I do and a lot of other people do

We'll revisit it in the summer. Everybody, whether they admit it or not, expects Kendrick to respond hard. If his diss is weak and the album is weak? I'll be on a plane out of country with my phone off and the Coli blocked. But if Kdot nails the diss and the album? Yall gonna get sick of me lol.

DJK

All Star
Daps
Most people already either liked Cole more or liked Kendrick more.
The opinions on the diss records are just confirmation bias

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Somebody said because this shyt is exactly 3:30 minutes long its another 3:30 diss out there from Cole

7min

Interesting
Theres a video floating around of his manager or somebody talking about how Cole does these drills where he gives his self 7 minutes to pen a verse.

It looks like that's how he wrote these

Braman

Superstar
Daps
“This was a warning shot”. Well, that isn’t true.

So let’s break this down. The whole concept of a ‘warning shot’ and/or a verse to bait someone so you can make a bigger song comes from how Jay vs Nas went. And others followed.

1- Jay vs Nas:
The ‘warning shot’: ‘Ask Nas he don’t want it with Hov, no’: 1 line
The reply: Stilmatic freestyle
The finisher: Takeover
The rare counter finisher: Ether

2- Push vs Drake
The warning shot: How can right your wrongs, when you don’t even right your songs: 1 line
The reply: Duppy
The finisher: Addidon
Counter: ?? Idk, shyt was over

3- Drake vs Meek
Warning shot: A Meek tweet
The reply: Charged Up
2nd reply/finisher: Back to Back
Counter: don’t remember. It was over

4: Meek vs Game
The bait: Blood’ll be dripping like Niagara if I poke Meek + a few more bars. Very short
The reply: Ooou
Finisher: Pest Control
Counter: none. It was over

So based on how these things go, Like That was the bait, NOT 7 Min Drill. ‘Bait’ is short n sweet. Like that follows that pattern. 7 min drill does not. The bait is never a full on song directed at someone. That would make it a song, that’s your diss, it ain’t bait just bc you went light. So 7 min drill = Stillmatic freestyle, Duppy, Charged Up, Ouuuu: all songs that ultimately were nowhere near enough and with the exception of Nas, resulted in an L

So, historically speaking, this is bad, very bad for Cole. He’s already seen as losing to some. So he’s set the stage for Kendrick to do him dirty with the finisher

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
image.png

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
We can only hope…think this could get the best out of both of them

But I don’t think Kendrick gonna go too crazy at cole…this shyt will die down

He just waiting on drake to jump…that’s who he wants to kill
I think he wants to kill them all :lupe:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
There are some interns at Pricewaterhouse Coopers going HAM right now.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Only thing I don’t really fukk with and I’m seeing this all over social media now is people calling TPAB bad or mid. Saying they never liked it and shyt. I get some people have different tastes and all that but that project was a moment. People were singing Alright in 2020. Not even saying I go back to it all the time but it was way more than mid. Now Mr. Morale I didn’t really fukk with besides a few songs.

As far as the diss itself I fukk with it, nice warning shot to Kendrick and we’ll see what happens next.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
We'll revisit it in the summer. Everybody, whether they admit it or not, expects Kendrick to respond hard. If his diss is weak and the album is weak? I'll be on a plane out of country with my phone off and the Coli blocked. But if Kdot nails the diss and the album? Yall gonna get sick of me lol.
I have no horse in this race. Im goin with who got the better dis. i know that thought might mind blowing not picking a side lol