J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The only bar that really hit there was that Kendrick's last album was meh at best. But that has to be followed up with Cole dropping a good album, and Kendrick failing again. I haven't heard the new Cole album yet, will peep later today. If there's pressure on Kendrick it's that we're in a new decade and he's down for the first time.

The rest of the album bars? Come on fam. Whether you glance at the Coli or twitter, people clowning that shyt. Kendrick has better albums, plural. Cole came out the gate with two meh albums, didn't figure shyt out until FHD. Mixed results after that until Off Season which was great. Like I said last night...Cole a Nas fan, he knows that "x albums in yz years" shyt didn't work for Hov and it won't work for him. Because it's nonsense.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick gotta pull out the big guns and write poetry like "queen like white glove hand" or whatever trash the booth hyped up for a cool two years after it dropped for it to be considered lyricism.

These shyt ass lyrics still getting defended years later :pachaha:
"But “queen” like white-glove-wave-hand
And not “wave hand,” like it's a heat
Wave, so you make a fan by waving your hand
I'm talking “wave,” like you saying, "Hey, man!"
And not hay for horses
" <---- Pure fukking garbage and if anyone else rapped it they
would not be getting their nuts juggled on tonsils in the booth.

But we go in on "fukk a big three, it's just big me".

The Coli is an unserious place.

:king:
TPAB > that dudes discog.
TPAB > this dudes discog.
:king:

Got the booth talkin' about lyrics again (sorta).

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:mjlit:

And here we are :wow:

I fukks w Cole and I'm glad he rapped/responded. But if the angle he's taking is that Kendrick's discography is weak, that's a losing angle. 4 albums in 12 years is mid as well. I don't think this warrants a whole song response.....few bars at most, and more shots for Drake. Make him rap

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Immediate thoughts on the diss/beef:

• It's decent. Cole came hard on some parts and ehh on others which I am surprised on given how he has ripped every track he has touched for the past 18 months.
  • It didn't need to be this long. He should have done this as a feature or shortened it to around 2 mins max and maximise the impact - "half short, twice strong".
  • Pot calling the kettle black singling out Kendrick's discography but fukk it why not? His last two efforts have been ass. Won't hear any TPAB slander though.
  • Kendrick is 1-0 at the moment. Not because it was anyway better lyrically but because it was more punchy. I know some have singled out the Big 3 bar for critique but it's catchy and purposeful. For someone vying for #1 spot Cole's effort lacks conviction.
Can’t be serious this is light years better than that Kendrick shyt

Wassup with the dikk licking with this dude? shyt was legit wack af

FINALE

💎
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
These shyt ass lyrics still getting defended years later :pachaha:
"But “queen” like white-glove-wave-hand
And not “wave hand,” like it's a heat
Wave, so you make a fan by waving your hand
I'm talking “wave,” like you saying, "Hey, man!"
And not hay for horses " <---- Pure fukking garbage and if anyone else rapped it they
would not be getting their nuts juggled on tonsils in the booth.
When you got to pick out 4 bars from a 9 minute long verse you lost.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I like J Cole but he just started making decent music…outside of 2014 forest hill drive his discography is TRASHHHHHH.

However, this was a much needed diss and I will enjoy the back and forth.

We really want drake vs Kendrick tho
Yes most of his albums are ass but he got better since forest hill. Kendrick to me has one sus album. But where Cole shines is features and to me a lot of Kendrick features earlier were not good. They both have strengths and weaknesses. Bodies of work is Kendrick strong suit.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Beef without actual threats of violence will not be received well in 2024. I think all three end up getting clowned.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I was expecting more. Cole been killin' everybody shyt for the last 3 or 4 years. But for some reason his albums and records just don't hit for me. :yeshrug:

But I'm not surprised you like this shyt. You enjoy low brow entertainment. You think a guy that got his ass whupped 9 months ago deserves a shot at a title over the guy that whupped his ass. :mjlol:

Why is the onus on Cole to go to more extremes immediately when Kendrick has been the one sending subs (not even mentioning Cole until recently) since the beginning damn near, it should be on him to come out swinging.

Figures you would be a Kendrick Stan/agree with his moves since he's been taking years at a time just to drop a bar/stalling cats out like your boy Bud Crawford :mjlol:

And oh, you brought up Spence before I did:umad:

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have the disses as being lyrically on par with each other.

The issue I have is that, Cole heard Metro’s production on “Like That,” and went out and ripped a YouTube “Free Vinny Paz/ Rass Kass/Immortal Technique type beat” to rhyme over. :martin:

Additionally, what makes Kendrick so potent is that nikka’s PERFORMANCE on tracks. There have been times where this nikka wasn’t saying shyt conceptually , but his delivery was just that immaculate (Run back the tail end of control). Meanwhile, Cole on here rapping like he dropping the kids off to school pre-coffee….nikka RAP.lolol.