J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Catalog vs catalog KDOT wins easily. I don’t even know why Cole went that angle. Dots last 4 albums body Cole’s easily. The only miss is Mr Morale (I like the album)

FHD great
4 your eyes only. Cool
KOD. Miss
Off season. Miss.

Cole gon have to find another angle because that ain’t it. And the nerve of saying somebody’s music put people to sleep is crazy lol
Off season is not a miss, it was a good album.

But yeah Kendrick’s catalog is way better than Cole’s, that’s not even up for debate. That’s legacy shyt

Who’s a better emcee in 2024? Most will lean Cole by a decent margin

Kendrick better show out for this next shyt

Last edited:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I can’t say every single song put me to sleep but I do agree that I felt that people gassed that album hard & Damn. was clearly a major shift upwards for Kendrick.
You're backtracking now :russ:

But since you feel it was gassed, what specifically about it was overrated? The production, the lyrics, etc.? :jbhmm:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
You're backtracking now :russ:

But since you feel it was gassed, what specifically about it was overrated? The production, the lyrics, etc.? :jbhmm:
There’s not much of anything overrated about the production on TPAB. It was a beautifully orchestrated album sonically pulled together by a team of masters at their craft

In the same vein, ain’t nothing on that album that suggests that Kendrick is the best rapper on earth or some lyrical juggernaut. Gifted songwriter, great storyteller, dope rapper.

But he’s not no god emcee. He’s more captivating than most of his peers, but not enough to be calling it a top 10 hip hop album.

There’s not that many classic verses or standout moments. It’s just a cohesively, dense great sounding body of work

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
The thing is Cole didn't say Kenny's whole discog was trash...he said he liked GKMC and Damn, thought TPAB was overrated/boring and Mr Morale was trash. If you put aside whatever you think of Cole's own discog, is that really that crazy of a take? I still think Jay saying Illmatic was Nas only hot album is crazier lol

BTW TPAB is a good album but its too long IMO...Kenny coulda cut a couple songs :yeshrug:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Es
The thing is Cole didn't say Kenny's whole discog was trash...he said he liked GKMC and Damn, thought TPAB was overrated/boring and Mr Morale was trash. If you put aside whatever you think of Cole's own discog, is that really that crazy of a take? I still think Jay saying Illmatic was Nas only hot album is crazier lol

BTW TPAB is a good album but its too long IMO...Kenny coulda cut a couple songs :yeshrug:
he didnt say he like Damn. Massive=sales.

Kendrick fans by all accounts said Damn was his weakest album

Cole said that album was made in Kenny Prime. And now the 4th album he washed

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Es

he didnt say he like Damn. Massive=sales.

Kendrick fans by all accounts said Damn was his weakest album

Cole said that album was made in Kenny Prime. And now the 4th album he washed

Saying its his prime is giving him props

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Lol no its not.

Cole said kendrick prime was over 7 years ago. Thats not a compliment to a active rapper on the level yall put him on

How dont yall understand lyrics

My point is everyone comparing this to Jay's angle saying Nas only hot album is Illmatic. Not the same as Cole is saying I like two albums, one is overrated and the last one is garbage IMO:yeshrug: