J.Cole aka J.Fold apologizes for “7 Minute Drill” & K.Dot at Dreamville Fest (VIDEO) *Eliminated from Big3* (REMOVED SONG from album)

derro13

All Star
Daps
Its time to move on from this topic.. yall beating a dead horse.

Nobody wanted to ever see a Cole and Kendrick battle anyway. Its always been Kendrick vs Drake.

Cole the kid who just got a participation trophy. Lol. I like dude as an artist.. not a fan, but I respect his craft. This part of rap he wasnt built for.

And Kendrick shouldnt be so arrogant, his lil high pitched bars aint all that. Id bet my life savings a nygga like Game would body that nygga something terrible. It aint even debatable..
Kendrick wrote for a lot of Game albums lmao...game bars are from dot :russ:
There's literally reference tracks that leaked previous months (for Jay Rock, Keem, Game, etc)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Honestly I think it merely confirmed what Drake already thought about Cole. The buddy buddy shyt, the nightly flowers he gave Cole on tour, even the idea of taking Cole on tour...all this shyt felt very "lil bro" to me. I felt this way going back years, since I first saw this shyt lmao:

:francis:

Kendrick ruined First Person Shooter, it's over for that shyt. And if I'm Drake I blame Cole for even mentioning that nikka AND subbing him lmao. If you didn't want smoke why jab him?

I never got the Lil Bro energy from Drake to Cole. Even back when they were on the come up they were always highly complimentary of one another. I remember Drake saying that he believed Cole would have a “Nas type of career” where he stood for everything that was truly Hip Hop. You don’t say that about somebody you see as a lil nikka. Also he was BEGGING Cole to be For All The Dogs when he was on tour last year before the album dropped. I think Drake A). Really fukked with Cole due to their similar backgrounds & come ups and B). Wanted to make sure that Cole never became what Kendrick ended up becoming, he’s one true nemesis in the eyes of the culture, so he kept him close by befriending him and never throwing any shots at him. If you look at all the subliminals Drake and his writing camp have thrown at artists throughout his run, you can’t really name any he threw Cole’s way, because he knew it was better to befriend him out of respect for his skill than go against him.

I truly feel like Drake respected Cole and his talent until this past weekend.

Kendrick became the outlier that Drake probably “feared” Cole might become. If you notice Drake’s moves he tried to do the same thing with Dot that he did with Cole. Befriend him, take him on tour, do non-competitive chick songs (Poetic Justice is to Drake and Kendrick as In The Morning was to Drake and Cole) and acknowledge his skill. Only Kendrick didn’t follow the program and leave Drake to his spot on the “top”. Kendrick took a competitive swipe on Control, which pissed Drake off because he thought he’d sown up Kendrick’s loyalty from having him on tour. The thing with Kendrick is, he’s the reverse of Cole, he really truly believes he IS the chosen one by divine right belongs on the throne. Kendrick probably didn’t start off with any true negative feelings towards Drake but watching him bytch about the Control verse instead of hopping in the ring, then the Ghostwriting revelations (which seem to have TRULY disgusted Kendrick) then the diva behavior, then the constant ducking when Kendrick was sending shots, thats what made Kendrick have disdain for Drake. The phoniness of it all. The unwillingness to back up your words.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
FHD 2014 did 350K it's first week

He's not passing that with just his diehard fans. He about to get that Russ and Logic treatment from casual hip-hop fans and clowned by Kendrick fans. Depending on how Drake plays this, he's also not getting any boost from clicking up with him leading into this album release.

I'd agree with you prior to this move, can't say I do now.

His biggest first week is 4YEO which did 492K first week

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
I don’t see how you can be a fan of hip hop and think this “beef” was anything but corny in the first place.

Cole crashed out and then jumped off the dumbo cart, i didn’t even know that was possible, this is some unprecedented shyt :mjlol:
I ain't ever seen rapper apologize to another rapper in front of his fanbase and wave the white flag. Right after dropping a warning track in less then three days. This man had the audacity to call Kendricks verse a "bazooka" :snoop:

We wanted these two go bar for bar. No beef shyt just bars. Don't care if J Cole would've gotten smoked. Mans said couldn't sleep :mjlol:

As a cole fan, I'm not trying to hear this cat be on his fake alpha energy on music no more. Go be kdots floor mat and drakes stepping stone.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
It’s funny as hell reading how emotional grown men are over this :russ:

Yall really saying it’s over for him? Watch when his album drops. It might be the biggest first week of his career. Same people who say they can’t rock with him anymore will be listening to that album.
That's exactly how it will be, I was disappointed too for the first day but damn some of these nikkas is bent outta shape to say the least:mjlol:

The moment you start caring about something more than the actual person (Cole) involved does you need to relax :russ:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Which is crazy because its his most hated album publicly, ( not to me it's my personal favorite)

It came off the back of his biggest album, expectations were high and he didn't meet any of them. I remember my first listen of that album being so disappointed with the direction he took.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
It came off the back of his biggest album, expectations were high and he didn't meet any of them. I remember my first listen of that album being so disappointed with the direction he took.
I was disappointed too on my first listen, until I spent some time with it and realized the concept. Plus with shyt going on in my life at that time that shyt hit home for me and really resonated.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
I don’t see how you can be a fan of hip hop and think this “beef” was anything but corny in the first place.

Cole crashed out and then jumped off the dumbo cart, i didn’t even know that was possible, this is some unprecedented shyt :mjlol:
But that’s my point he had a chance to prove himself to people who thinks he is a boring ass rapper he made one somewhat decent diss song then went and sat on his hands like a hoe