J.Cole aka J.Fold apologizes for “7 Minute Drill” & K.Dot at Dreamville Fest (VIDEO) *Eliminated from Big3* (REMOVED SONG from album)

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Man I never seen anything like this before. It feels like somebody died or something….a very somber moment. You always hear about hip hop being dead and all that but what J Cole did truly feels like the final nail in the coffin from a competitive standpoint.

This shyt may very well end his career. The competitive nature in me would’ve went out in a blaze of glory against Kendrick if I was Cole. Yeah he might’ve got bodied but atleast I’ll still have the respect and battle scars to show I went to war.

Everybody clowning that nikka now….even casuals. It’s a wrap for J Cole

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
whats funny is j cole saying he still wanna be friends with nikkas like every rapper that had beef with one another ain’t friends now lol

1*FtF6SkO9tA0F84kd3cGvvQ.jpeg

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Man I never seen anything like this before. It feels like somebody died or something….a very somber moment. You always hear about hip hop being dead and all that but what J Cole did truly feels like the final nail in the coffin from a competitive standpoint.

This shyt may very well end his career. The competitive nature in me would’ve went out in a blaze of glory against Kendrick if I was Cole. Yeah he might’ve got bodied but atleast I’ll still have the respect and battle scars to show I went to war.

Everybody clowning that nikka now….even casuals. It’s a wrap for J Cole

It's not going to end his career.

His fans will still love him.

I actually think this is going to age better than people think it will. Hip hop is a reflection of society and it's growing in a different direction and people don't even see it. If protecting your peace and your mental health and doing things that's in alignment with your true self is a major theme for people in real life, it's no surprise you're seeing a rapper do the same even at the expense of competition.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watch when his album drops. It might be the biggest first week of his career.
FHD 2014 did 350K it's first week

He's not passing that with just his diehard fans. He about to get that Russ and Logic treatment from casual hip-hop fans and clowned by Kendrick fans. Depending on how Drake plays this, he's also not getting any boost from clicking up with him leading into this album release.

I'd agree with you prior to this move, can't say I do now.

EmojiFlame

All Star
Daps
It’s funny as hell reading how emotional grown men are over this :russ:

Yall really saying it’s over for him? Watch when his album drops. It might be the biggest first week of his career. Same people who say they can’t rock with him anymore will be listening to that album.

j.cole will still be out there, producing his music and be successful - i doubt anybody denies that

but as far has climbing the ladder of rap goes? he is done

biggest mistake of his career so far imo but he won't suffer financially from it - the rap audience is way more casual now and does not give a fukk about any of this lol

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Tanna Leone was kick off pgLang not too long ago. If i'm Drake, I'd hit him up immediately. Just speculating now but some things he could say/do:

-Auntie Diaries is all lies and just grammy baiting
-Violate Baby Keem, and out him (in multiple ways)
-Call out people who don't keep the same energy about he machine backing Kendrick. Nobody says nothing about it but people do about him
- Say how it hurts Kendrick that he's not unanimously considered #1, and to his own detriment is trying to prove to himself he's the best because he has doubt.
- Say MMATBS was a ripoff of 4:44 and say he lied about his infidelity because he's out of ideas (and concepts) to sell records. Could also go the opposite angle and give proof ther actually was infidelity, and his baby momma thinks it was only to sell records (this would be wild af lol)
- Drop the audio of the argument of that sports show episode that was scrapped (rumor were Drake was the aggressor)
- Fake woke angle again
- Reveal what happen when he pulled up to Kendrick's show last year (maybe he copped pleas)
- Touch on how his highest selling album, Damn. Only sold that much because merch sales were included back then.

I don't see any of this really hurting Kendrick though.

none of that shyt is intriguing enough to move the needle and Drake is smart enough to know that. The Kendrick diss has him sitting #1 on Billboard for 2 weeks...might even get it again in week 3. It blocked Beyonce.

Cole committed suicide just to get the fukk out of the way...he said im going home to be a family man on some street fighter shyt.

Drake has to come with Ether at this point, or there is no point in releasing anything....and on the small chance he can create an Ether level diss, Kendrick is creative enough to remind nikkas about the Drake writing camps and ghostwriters behind the Drake brand.

Drake has to create

1. A billboard topping record to compete with Like That.
2. Something to make us look at Kendrick differently.

If he swings and misses after Cole fell on his own sword, it's over. Kendrick is officially Rap Gawd of this generation.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
j.cole will still be out there, producing his music and be successful - i doubt anybody denies that

but as far has climbing the ladder of rap goes? he is done

biggest mistake of his career so far imo but he won't suffer financially from it - the rap audience is way more casual now and does not give a fukk about any of this lol
Climbing the ladder as far as what? That shipped sailed a long time ago. The "big 3" are who they are at this point.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

He's not passing that with just his diehard fans. He about to get that Russ and Logic treatment from casual hip-hop fans and clowned by Kendrick fans. Depending on how Drake plays this, he's also not getting any boost from clicking up with him leading into this album release.

Slightly exaggerated, but that was a different era. He'll probably surpass his last few projects

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
People don't know how to read stats.
Cole was always going to have a boost in terms of views and streams after such an incident. It happens all the time...this is what we call the CF factor...its the follow up that sucks big time for these artists.

Yup after every perceived fukk up.

Remember when R Kelly was cancelled then this happened

Like I said Cole will be fine the same way that Drake was fine after the ghostwriting shyt.
But people will always bring this up like they do the ghostwriting with Drake also :manny:The game is the game.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s funny bc if Kendrick is feeling ‘nice’ he’ll extend cole an olive branch by making a response back to 7 min still, if Kendrick wants to sit back and let Cole continue to drown, all he has to do it stay quiet.

He can help his ‘friend’ by dissing him :lupe: The twilight zone is here my friends

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yall really saying it’s over for him? Watch when his album drops. It might be the biggest first week of his career. Same people who say they can’t rock with him anymore will be listening to that album.
Cole will never be taken seriously again accept it now :yeshrug:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

nah, but there will be a huge level of interest because people want to hear what he has to say now with all the controversy...especially if does end up being his last album like @AAKing23 said. (which I dont believe)

Cole next album has some interesting storylines surrounding it that will make people click. Even if it's just to make memes out of it. but Drake created the blueprint showing nikkas how to go #1 by making fun of themselves. I think Cole takes his art too seriously to go that route tho

i.e
drake-memes.gif

but this will still be a stain on Cole's resume. There is no denying that...he'll still continue to eat tho

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Had a prime opportunity to take that top spot and threw it away forever. I do think now that if he was deciding to keep going instead of retire after the fall off like he originally planned, I think that dream is dead. I expect a soft retirement after the fall off, and thatll be the last of Cole as a heavyweight artist, just periodic features and releases as a legacy act like wayne, and becoming a full time dreamville exec

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
I don’t see how nikkas in here saying they a fan of hip hop but is ok with how this situation was handled.. knowing damn well if this was anybody else besides somebody they are stanning they would be treating him like meek mill right now. Nobody has to get personal or disrespectful it’s just bars.. Cole been rapping for 3 years straight talking about him being the best then the one time he had to show it he bytched up :mjlol: im not a Cole fan but this is embarrassing regardless