J.Cole aka J.Fold apologizes for “7 Minute Drill” & K.Dot at Dreamville Fest (VIDEO) *Eliminated from Big3* (REMOVED SONG from album)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Any of what? Kendrick took a shot at him, Cole responded. End of story. You are trying to bring the intensity and bad blood from Dot/Drake to Dot/Cole, when it was never that deep. If he didn't apologize, or take the song down, which everyone has heard, and is all over youtube still, nothing happens. He can feel pride about standing up for himself, we can view him as someone who stood up for themselves. The Kendrick/Drake beef continues on as it has just the same, with Cole, just the same.

All he did by not standing on his art was add an asterisk to his name. I would only understand his backpeddling if Kendrick was wanting to wage a full on war with him, and make it personal, but it was never that.
He did the thing that took heart and integrity. Instead of appeasing the masses. He did what was right for him in his world.

Nobody care about an invisible asterisk. Dude sleeping well at night, which is apparently what matters more to him then internet cool points :manny:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I judged Cole when he bowed out. I still kinda do. But I understand now. This isn't beef. This is where cows go to get slaughtered.
Cole didn't bow out of this though, didn't bow out of Dot/Drake level intensity, didn't bow out of a triple threat match. He bowed out of healthy jabs with Kendrick. What Kendrick and Cole exchanged was classic hip hop shyt, and no reason Cole should have backpedaled. There was no indication of true bad blood like Dot/Drake, so Cole just really have no heart for the game. :manny:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Battling is a pillar of hip hop.
Beef is not.
Cole started out thinking this was a battle.
It clearly wasn’t
Cole don’t have any and didn’t want to create any beef
So he did the right thing and stopped it before it actually started.
Yeah man… I mean people are literally throwing shyt out there from the sidelines to help.

“Tell them about when he beat up his girl”

Cole ain’t want all that. He just wanted to be the number 1 rapper :hubie: I mean even in his track he was talking about the music. Cole is a quiet dude, you don’t hear shyt from him til new single and/or album time. He bowed out and that’s ok. I didn’t love the move but I get it now.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah man… I mean people are literally throwing shyt out there from the sidelines to help.

“Tell them about when he beat up his girl”

Cole ain’t want all that. He just wanted to be the number 1 rapper :hubie: I mean even in his track he was talking about the music. Cole is a quiet dude, you don’t hear shyt from him til new single and/or album time. He bowed out and that’s ok. I didn’t love the move but I get it now.
:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: Come on man, you now damn well Kendrick and Cole would never get that personal with each other. Go read the lyrics of 7 Minute Drill, it was all good hip hop battle shyt, nothing personal.

Cole bytched out of a healthy hip hop battle, there was nothing negative/life or family threatening/personal about his track, I respected Cole alot for putting out a reply, but not now.

Guess what Cole, we all still heard the joint, it's on youtube, Kendrick still heard it, everyone involved still moved on cuz it wasn't that deep. Next time just stand on your moments of art. Don't have to apologize for shyt

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
cover1.jpg

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: Come on man, you now damn well Kendrick and Cole would never get that personal with each other. Go read the lyrics of 7 Minute Drill, it was all good hip hop battle shyt, nothing personal.

Cole bytched out of a healthy hip hop battle, there was nothing negative/life or family threatening/personal about his track, I respected Cole alot for putting out a reply, but not now.

Guess what Cole, we all still heard the joint, it's on youtube, Kendrick still heard it, everyone involved still moved on cuz it wasn't that deep. Next time just stand on your moments of art. Don't have to apologize for shyt
It never stays in the booth, nikkas will inevitably get violent and disrespectful.. it's the nature of this shyt

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

As a song, i think it was up there with anything dropped between Drake and Kenny.

But you could tell cole wasn’t really into it. Sounds like he was just going through the motions for the sake of it.

What’s funny is, i keep my apple play on “shuffle” and the song still plays if i listen to “might delete later” even tho it’s been deleted. Every time it comes on, it still kinda slaps, it’s way more listenable than most of the tracks kenny and drake aimed at each other :manny:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
It's still cats out here with the audacity to wear Dreamville merch.

They prolly got on 0v0 boxers too