I've watched Unforgiven twice, explain why you think it's GOAT Western

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My pastor hypes this movie up so much. I wasn't interested in mature movies when it came out. Now, all the main characters in here are dope. Have depth to them. But I'm still trying to figure out what's makes this the GOAT Western. Not a troll thread. Just trying to to get perspective.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems as though u watched twice...

Near the end of the film, did you notice that the mirror right above Clint doesn't show his reflection?

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Seems as though u watched twice...

Near the end of the film, did you notice that the mirror right above Clint doesn't show his reflection?
No, I didn't notice that. What was the meaning of that?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
it's not

GoodBadUgly.jpg

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Between that and everybody shooting at him point blank and missing, maybe he's a ghost??

But yea it's not the GOAT western, its the GOAT anti-western, the only anti-western.

Great post. People don't understand this and try to call it a western, but its an anti-Western and a great fukking movie at that.

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Between that and everybody shooting at him point blank and missing, maybe he's a ghost??

But yea it's not the GOAT western, its the GOAT anti-western, the only anti-western.
I didn't think of that. I just assumed it was some fake, Hollywood stuff. Everybody shook of this dude when somebody could have easily popped him.

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Anti-Western in the sense that the premise is based on the value of woman (a whore)? Who in most movies would be seen as a whore. Not someone who needed to be avenged? Or a man who actually felt guilty for taking a life?

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Anti-Western in the sense that the premise is based on the value of woman (a whore)? Who in most movies would be seen as a whore. Not someone who needed to be avenged? Or a man who actually felt guilty for taking a life?

Unforgiven is a criticism of the Western and its stereotypical, masculine violence, and Billy's journey through life proves that the Revisionist Westerns of the 1960s and 1970s perpetuated longstanding and damaging ideas on race, class, gender, and capital; for someone that made his career off of the western, Eastwood's criticism of the genre is downright brilliant