I've watched Unforgiven twice, explain why you think it's GOAT Western

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
somebody recently posted a quote/gif that made me want to watch this again…haven’t seen it in YEARS but it’s on prime now…for some reason I remember feeling sorry for english bob the last time I watched it but the smug b*stard high key earned that shyt :hubie:

*edit*

forgot these 2 were upstairs getting p*ssy while munny was getting his ass kicked :mjlol:

lmaoooo @ p*ssy advances :skip:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
liquid courage: the movie

lol j/k great flick…always was but still never viewed it as the “best western” although the ending is a perfect 10/10 down to the score playing as he rides off

Last edited:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
The Good The Bad and The Ugly is my GOAT western IMO. But Unforgiven is great too, it was basically showing the Clint characters from the spaghetti westerns if he grew to be an old man who had to live with his legacy as a killer. It's a de-mything of the western basically.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Unforgiven was great because it was a western that actually used quality actors in the majority of the roles.

morgan freeman , gene hackman, richard harris are more sophisticated actors then people like Kurt russell & sam elliot.

I like Kurt Russell and Sam Elliot but they not vying for best actor in any of their roles. Its like comparing a movie starring Daniel Day Lewis to Keanu Reeves.
Both make great movies but there is a clear distinction between the quality of the acting.