I've watched Unforgiven twice, explain why you think it's GOAT Western

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I listed Tombstone as one of my fav westerns way back when, but now realize that shyt aint even a western.

Its an action adventure movie set in the west. Still a dope flick though.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is this free on any streaming service?

haven’t seen it in a good while

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Unforgiven isn't the GOAT western...it's not even the GOAT Clint Eastwood western.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I'm not sure those designations are mutually exclusive. It's a pretty traditional western. Maybe elaborate?

Pacing is one of the primary things the distinguishes a western. Also long wide shots to take in the scenery. Simple story, simple clear objective for the protagonist. Simple villains. Characters usually have a good level of mystique also.

Tombstone was a faced paced thrilling movie. Characters were well rounded on both sides. Story was broad, alot of different things going on, more like a biopic for the town. Maritial angst, side love story, redemption story for Doc, Wyatt finding himself. Just a different genre of movie, but dope nonetheless.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unforgiven is one of the GOAT movies. Perfect in almost every way.

Acting
Directing
Writing
Cinematography
Score

All just expertly done
its one of my all time movies, its pretty much perfect in all its intentions

the performances, are just great in this. My favorite isnt even Clint, Morgan or Gene ... its Richard Harris

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Between that and everybody shooting at him point blank and missing, maybe he's a ghost??

But yea it's not the GOAT western, its the GOAT anti-western, the only anti-western.

This. I think about it like Goodfellas (or Game of Thrones to a certain extent). A lot of the deserved acclaim comes from inverting genre tropes.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Silverado is my favorite, and its homage to the Spaghetti Westerns.

But Shane, both True Grits, Once Upon a Time in the West, and The Good, the Bad & the Ugly are better movies IMO.

Tombstone and The Magnificent Seven are the most entertaining Westerns that are good movies.