I've watched Unforgiven twice, explain why you think it's GOAT Western

no.

girls just wanna have funds
Daps
Reppin
BRASIL
Unforgiven is the very best because when he says "it's a hell of a thing, killing a man", you feel it to the core and you end up realizing it's not all wild adventure and trigger-happy glory, that some people really ain't cut out from that cloth, to walk through town and threaten to kill someone, their friends and their family and burn their house down, and mean it. Life is more than action phrases, no matter how badass it might sound to the viewer. He could and would have followed through with that and massacred a bunch of villagers, and when you contrast those coldblooded threats with "it's a hell of a thing killing a man", the whole scene carries such a hollow weight of desperation - Munny is a tired, tired man - that makes it a lot more real, a lot more somber.

Plus English Bob talking about the Queen of England. shyt was awesome and had me laughing hysterically.

Combat Carl

Yeah n!gga
Daps
Tombstone was a good movie; not in the same realm as Unforgiven, but still a good movie....

But fukking Young Guns????? :scustiverson:That shyt was an abomination
Ok so we disagree, move on :aicmon:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
For me, Unforgiven plays like a Grumpy Old Men of westerns, without the elderly charm. One thing Young Guns has (historical accuracy aside) are memorable and lively characters. I think that's what people want to see about Westerns.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
there is no goat western. everybody can key into a particular thing and find a flick that does that the best.

unforgiven barely registers with me, and there were some flicks that predate it which critiqued tropes of the genre before postmodernism was in full effect (3:10 to yuma, high noon, the gunfighter, the searchers, etc.)

now shane is my idea of goat

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i always catch some heat for saying this but my personal GOAT western is wyatt earp. i have seen it about 4 or 5 times and would watch it again right now if it was on tv.

i liked unforgiven too, not a movie id watch over and over but i liked it.

true grit is also a favorite. the old one and the remake.