I've watched Unforgiven twice, explain why you think it's GOAT Western

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
My favorite Westerns are

The Good, Bad, & Ugly (Whole trilogy is dope)
High Plains Drifter (1st memorable western I saw as a kid, it really stuck with me)
Unforgiven (My pops took me to see this in the theater as youngin, great moment in my life)
Tombstone (Pops took me to see this one in the theater also, maybe the most fun & entertaining western I've seen)

Never saw Once Upon a Time in the West:patrice:

I should really have seen more Westerns, all my Pops do is watch westerns all day long on TV including reruns of Gunsmoke:damn:

His favorite is Shane, but I've never actually sat through all of it. I think it was that Black & White wave that turned me off from it as a kid.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe unforgiven is the goat western made after 1980 (which doesn't really say much, because most of them have been trash, even though unforgiven is a pretty good movie). but there are countless westerns made during the golden era of westerns which are better.

the dollar triology
once upon a time in the west
the original django
the magnificent seven
high noon
the rio triology by john wayne and howard hawks
the shootist
the man who shot liberty valence
the big country
red river
and those are only the ones from the top of my head.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I love me some Leone and I love me some Eastwood but High Noon is the GOAT western ever made.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

This reminded me of the goatness of this, and 2 things i forgot about

1. Eastwood left like a 6 year old and a 9 year old by themselves for weeks :mjlol:. In the wild west, and hes a HATED NOTORIOUS MURDERER who could definitely be a target at any point
2. I had no idea that these two were father and son

MV5BMTYxYmI5NzYtODBjZi00Zjk0LWEwOGQtOWRmOTA1ZTIxOGFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

Jared-Harris-Best-Roles.jpg

They a deeper resembelence, cadence, and voice similarity than the martin sheen and his sons even

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I didn't think of that. I just assumed it was some fake, Hollywood stuff. Everybody shook of this dude when somebody could have easily popped him.
That was the whole point. Real gunfights aren’t about all the Hollywood glitz and perfect aim, just like Little Bill says the cool hand wins. All those other guys were shook, but Bill Munny was a stone cold killer. One guy ran off a whole bar full of cowards. Even when they had a chance to blindside him they were too scared to take it.

That’s the real world not “a movie”

That theme is throughout Unforgiven. It’s kind of a ”meta-Western“ where the mythological West keeps running into the “real” West.
  • The dime store novel writer spinning duck tales
  • Little Bill outting English Bob and all the other frauds
  • The Scofield kid and his duck tales