I've seen enough thru 4 games...

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
He just needs to stop trying to take contested jumpers and drive to the rim. He's not an elite athlete but he is big and strong and should get higher percentage looks in the painted area.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
@KidJSoul Y5 Bron also was not this reckless and inconsistent, that's really my point. This isn't just The Finals, Tatum is wild inconsistent, goes from looking like a Top 5 player to just an All-Star caliber player to a guy completely unnerved by the stage way too often, there wasn't this variance in consistency or confidence with '08 Bron...
Fine. But in general? This doesn't mean Tatum isn't a superstar

Using LeBron wasn't a perfect comparison but the fact of the matter other superstars or "that guy" are allowed a few stinkers early in their career

Series ain't over yet either

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah but those examples are team circumstances.They didnt get substantially better they just got a bigger role. Tatum got the greenest light there is so i dont see how the Westbrook/Harden scenario applies. Also getting better stats doesnt automatically mean you are a better player. Tatum can get better but its not going to be far off from who he is today
2019 Harden was significantly better than 2014 Harden. I don't see how that's even arguable.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
nikka has a whole 6 years of continued experience growth and development before he’s even 30 …this thread feels like “aged poorly” will be in its future :yeshrug: