I've seen enough thru 4 games...

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
That's about where I'd peg him. Paul George. A perennial all star with a few superstar seasons later on.
I think he can be better than PG but as of right now that's the direction I see his level going.
Which is still really good but thecoli is mad cuz he wants to be Kobe so they going extra hard on him
tPjDOrc.gif

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. A superstars prime is 24-32. Tatum isn't going to get THAT much better from here on out. Him being unable to score while the other team game plans against him is bad anyway you slice it, especially with the talent he has on his squad.
Facts. Dude acting like 24 is 15 lmaoooo. Nobody gets significantly better after 24.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
No. A superstars prime is 24-32. Tatum isn't going to get THAT much better from here on out. Him being unable to score while the other team game plans against him is bad anyway you slice it, especially with the talent he has on his squad.
It would be one thing if nikkas was treating him like Curry and he seeing bodies but he's getting 1v1 coverage. Come on man, he gotta do better

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Facts. Dude acting like 24 is 15 lmaoooo. Nobody gets significantly better after 24.
It depends.

A guy like Tatum who already the #1 option at his age probably won't see much improvement statistically. Might greatly improve consistency though. Players held back at that age because of team circumstances like Westbrook and Harden definitely did both IMO.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depends.

A guy like Tatum who already the #1 option at his age probably won't see much improvement statistically. Might greatly improve consistency though. Players held back at that age because of team circumstances like Westbrook and Harden definitely did both IMO.
Yeah but those examples are team circumstances.They didnt get substantially better they just got a bigger role. Tatum got the greenest light there is so i dont see how the Westbrook/Harden scenario applies. Also getting better stats doesnt automatically mean you are a better player. Tatum can get better but its not going to be far off from who he is today

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@murksiderock u the homie but chill :mjtf:

Dude is only 24, in his first Finals against a goat, and is clearly hindered by his shoulder.

He thoroughly outplayed KD and Giannis this postseason already

He outplayed Giannis in a game. Giannis outplayed him for the series...

Too early breh

He's 23.

Your boy LeBron was junk in his first two Finals

This isn't even comparable, by Y5 LeBron was already an annual MVP candidate and had taken a team to The Finals far, far inferior to the '22 Celtics...

Tatum isn't in this position if he had anything close to the '07 Cavs around him...

Conversely, Y5/'08 Bron with anything close to this '22 Celtics team with him, is probably beating this Warriors team and certainly playing much better. '08 Bron was the leading scorer in 6 of the 7 games vs the eventual champion C's and scored 45 in the decisive G7. Look what he had around him in that series and what Tatum has around him in this series----->if Tatum was '08 Bron-esque, with this exact team around him, this series may be a sweep...

Bron shot the ball poorly against a stacked team with nothing around him and still nearly advanced. Tatum is shooting as bad as '08 Bron with plenty of support vs a team that isn't as stacked...

'07 Bron shot poorly in his first Finals and his Cavs still only lost the series by 24 combined points, three losses by less than 10 and two losses by 3 or less. That was versus an aging dynasty like these '22 Dubs and he was two years younger than Tatum is to boot. Bron at the same age as Tatum was '09 LeBron and was so far better than '22 Tatum its ridiculous...

Bron playing poorly in his first two Finals has no correlation to Tatum this year...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@KidJSoul Y5 Bron also was not this reckless and inconsistent, that's really my point. This isn't just The Finals, Tatum is wild inconsistent, goes from looking like a Top 5 player to just an All-Star caliber player to a guy completely unnerved by the stage way too often, there wasn't this variance in consistency or confidence with '08 Bron...

lib123

All Star
Daps
If the Celtics lose this series then struggle to make it back within the next year or two, I could see some tension growing between Tatum and Brown as far as who’s team it is.

lib123

All Star
Daps

It depends.

If the Celtics lose this series then struggle to make it back within the next year or two, I could see some tension growing between Tatum and Brown as far as who’s team it is. Especially if Brown continues improving. Tatum might be closer to his ceiling than Brown.