I've decided I'm not signing the birth certificate. What now? (I gave up...)

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
My boy didn't sign the birth certificate either. Then his baby mom died around Christmas of last year & now he's engaged in a legal battle for custody of his kids with her family. The family is framing it under the guise that he never wanted them to begin with. You have to do what you feel is right though.
These types of scenarios are what I'm grappling with. And in listening to my heart, it's hard not to think:

nikkas die every day, b.

If she needs me and she's my child, I want to be there. I know what it's like to have a part time dad.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Good advice so far, but also you should do what you got to do to move out NOW!
With these rents... Yeah I'ma need this month but I'm tryna see if I can couch surf. She works from home so it's not like I can sleep and shower when she ain't home. I should have been gone.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Early-mid November.

I'm trying not to be stressed because this makes me look like a terrible father either way. The child isn't gonna see mom's a cheater, she's just going to see a mother. And I feel bad because at this point, I don't even wanna see the child. Hopefully that changes if it's mine but even then, I can't imagine any civility between me and the woman.

So my best case scenario is financial support unless my daughter requests to see me which I'd really have to think over. The situation got me in my feelings that bad that I don't know if I can even deal with having any contact moving forward.

Damn I was hoping it would be sooner so this can be resolved quickly. If she is yours you gotta be a father to your child regardless of the mother. I know that sounds impossible but if she's yours she didn't do anything to deserve you not being in her life. I can already see the mom making co-parenting a living hell though. Good luck

SunnyD

All Star
Daps
So she feels like she hit a lick right ? I’ll also assume the other guys are no where to be found. I wholeheartedly believe in paternity tests for those reasons alone. I don’t think anyone could fault you regardless of what choice you make. Don’t sign a thing. She’s already proven she makes piss poor life altering decisions. .she can’t be trusted.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
It's Las Vegas, NV. I wish I had enough money to be Sam Rothstein about all of this. :russ:
Checkout the laws regarding paternity in that state and move accordingly.

Im also team paternity test first. Then fight for joint custody If you are the father.

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So she feels like she hit a lick right ? I’ll also assume the other guys are no where to be found. I wholeheartedly believe in paternity tests for those reasons alone. I don’t think anyone could fault you regardless of what choice you make. Don’t sign a thing. She’s already proven she makes piss poor life altering decisions. .she can’t be trusted.
I don't have a large family so having a child is really important to me. I believe she's using that vulnerability to try and manipulate me. Like, all I want is proof so I can confidently raise a child that I know belongs to me. But everyday it looks more and more like I'll be Santa and the tooth fairy at most.