It's time we stop recognizing Chris Paul as a great defensive player

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
And what about the other possessions he guarded him on shot attempts? Held him to 3-9 shooting.

Wow you know what you're right:ohhh:
There's no way Curry could be staying with Westbrook like this if he was injured:russ:

Let me go back to that other thread and tell everyone that you figured out that Curry being injured is a myth:youngsabo:

Daps
Lmao I knew you'd cite Coach Nick :dead: you predicable, clueless fukk
:heh:

You just said Curry was responsible for Roberson scoring all those points when he wasn't even guarding him - it was down to the other Warriors players missing rotations or just leaving him open. You just blatantly fukking lied. The nerve of you to call me "clueless".
I caught his game 4 reaction video, its one of the saddest, most delusional things Ive ever seen. OKC wins by 30 and he immediately opens lookin sad as fukk :laugh: talking about how great Steph's d was on Westbrook, how Russell was kinda up and down not great (36-11-11-4) and how Durant shot the lights out (8 for 24.) Later he finally looks at all the stats on-air and looks like a complete idiot having to look at the facts for the first time and somehow explain how they all go against all his basic talking points. :mjlol: No surprise you were sitting there nodding your head in agreement with the absolute nonsense.

Anyone want a laugh, watch the first 5 minutes of this shyt

What does that have yo do with what you posted - Curry not manning up on and defending his position when he guarded Westbrook most of the night; Curry being put on Roberson and Curry being responsible for letting Roberson go off? And to top it off you forget about Westbrook cookin the fukk outta CP.

You pathetic piece of shyt liar. You just LIED multiple times and have no proof to back up what you said besides pushing your agenda. :heh:

Last edited:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
:heh:

You just said Curry was responsible for Roberson scoring all those points when he wasn't even guarding him - it was down to the other Warriors players missing rotations or just leaving him open. You just blatantly fukking lied. The nerve of you to call me "clueless".

What does that have yo do with what you posted?

You pathetic piece of shyt liar. You just LIED multiple times and have no proof to back up what you said besides pushing your agenda. :heh:
:dead: I didnt lie about anything. You dont understand basketball. Your autistic brain checks to see if Curry is within a few feet of a guy when he scores and to you, that answers if Curry is the issue or not. You have no concept of nuance or intricacies of team basketball that lead to, for example, situations in which Steph's weaknesses force his teammates to try to overcompensate to give him help and this leads to action on the weakside which leads to easy buckets. Stick to Coach Nick videos, those seem to be your speed. Nice and obvious and always agenda-driven.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps

I caught his game 4 reaction video, its one of the saddest, most delusional things Ive ever seen. OKC wins by 30 and he immediately opens lookin sad as fukk :laugh: talking about how great Steph's d was on Westbrook, how Russell was kinda up and down not great (36-11-11-4) and how Durant shot the lights out (8 for 24.) Later he finally looks at all the stats on-air and looks like a complete idiot having to look at the facts for the first time and somehow explain how they all go against all his basic talking points. :mjlol: No surprise you were sitting there nodding your head in agreement with the absolute nonsense.

Anyone want a laugh, watch the first 5 minutes of this shyt

:russ: :russ:

Daps
:dead: I didnt lie about anything. You dont understand basketball. Your autistic brain checks to see if Curry is within a few feet of a guy when he scores and to you, that answers if Curry is the issue or not. You have no concept of nuance or intracasies of team basketball that lead to, for example, situations in which Steph's weaknesses force his teammates to try to overcompensate to give him help and this leads to action on the weakside which leads to easy buckets. Stick to Coach Nick videos, those seem to be your speed. Nice and obvious and always agenda-driven.
This is you lying -

I don't expect you to acknowledge that he's such a sieve that he can't play man up D and guard his position
I don't expect you to acknowledge that his coach knows this so he has to resort to putting him on the guy who isn't a scoring threat
I don't expect you to acknowledge that that non-scoring threat has then responded by becoming an offensive threat,
because Curry is on him
This is you saying Curry wasn't guarding Westbrook (when he defended nine of his counted shots and spent most of the game on him - more than any other one player - Westbrook scored the majority of his points against other players on switches, on the fastbreak, missed rotations, the ftl and when Curry was off the court). You lied. This is you saying Curry was guarding Roberson. CURRY WASN'T ON HIM. You lied, and you lied about not lying. Kerr implemented the same strategy they used on T.Allen; leaving him open and using a wing/big to play free safety. It has nothing to do with overcompensating for his weaknesses to give him help - it's to expose Roberson's lack of offensive skillset. Curry wouldn't be guarding Westbrook if they needed to overcompensate for his weaknesses.

The lies. :heh:

I'll post this again, if you say Curry wasn't guarding Westbrook and put on Roberson - causing him to score all those points, then explain this -

- one FT made after being fouled by Iguodala in the paint
- layup made after Klay misses Roberson cutting to the rim
- layup made after Draymond misses a rotation (Curry is partly at fault for trying to force the ball outta Adams' hands)
- dunk made after Ezeli doesn't bother protecting the rim and walking out to the perimeter (Barnes is partly to blame for leaving him unguarded)
- one FT made after being fouled by Speights
- 3-pointer made after Barnes leaves him wide open
- layup made after the Warriors leave him unguarded (Barnes and Klay close in too late)
- layup made after Draymond doesn't recover back in time (lack of help from other Warriors players)
- layup made after grabbing offensive rebound (Klay leaves Roberson to help out on Westbrook, leaving nobody to box out and Roberson)

And explain this -

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Kobe was still the best single possession defender in the NBA those last couple years he was on the All Defensive Team :ufdup:

Word to Jeff Van Gundy da Gawd :jawalrus:
Because he was the only defender who played defense for a single possession per game.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Curry is a better defender at this point of their respective careers. If you had bothered to watch the Clippers this season you would've seen CP's opposite regular cook him. CP can no longer stay in front of guards regularly anymore.

I don't expect you to acknowledge this though.

no. just stop.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I don't expect you to acknowledge that he's such a sieve that he can't play man up D and guard his position
Defense in general -

:damn:

:dead: I didnt lie about anything. You dont understand basketball. Your autistic brain checks to see if Curry is within a few feet of a guy when he scores and to you, that answers if Curry is the issue or not. You have no concept of nuance or intricacies of team basketball that lead to, for example, situations in which Steph's weaknesses force his teammates to try to overcompensate to give him help and this leads to action on the weakside which leads to easy buckets. Stick to Coach Nick videos, those seem to be your speed. Nice and obvious and always agenda-driven.

:whew:

@Malta

Better defender - Curry or CP? :jbhmm:

@Malta....come help your boy out. Profasi just left him for dead:wow:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
@Malta....come help your boy out. Profasi just left him for dead:wow:

Chris Paul is arguably the most overrated defender in the NBA :yeshrug:

Name the last time a team had two first team defenders that wasn't top 3 defensively? shyt dont add up. Guys like KCP & Smart had a bigger case for 1st team than him, he shouldn't be there.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
On the Max and Marcellus show, someone praised Chris Paul's defense and Ryan Hollins loudly disagreed. When they asked him about it, I can't remember how he worded it but it was basically that he picks his spots. This is coming from a guy who played with him and had to cover for him.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
On the Max and Marcellus show, someone praised Chris Paul's defense and Ryan Hollins loudly disagreed. When they asked him about it, I can't remember how he worded it but it was basically that he picks his spots. This is coming from a guy who played with him and had to cover for him.

Chis Paul sure wasnt picking his spots when he had to cover for Hollins shyt D was he. fukking LOL at Ryan Hollins having to cover for Chris Paul on D. ROFL.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
One of the biggest myths in the NBA. I have no idea from where it originates from either. Being agitated on defense doesn't mean you're a good defender, and steals is not the best measurement either.

It's just like the whole "he's a winner" thing. What has he won? :beli: