It's time we stop recognizing Chris Paul as a great defensive player

Daps
Chis Paul sure wasnt picking his spots when he had to cover for Hollins shyt D was he. fukking LOL at Ryan Hollins having to cover for Chris Paul on D. ROFL.
You have to admit that Paul didn't deserve to be in the All-defensive 1st team. His name shouldn't even be in the discussion. I can name at least 20 guards better than him on defense.

Daps
On the Max and Marcellus show, someone praised Chris Paul's defense and Ryan Hollins loudly disagreed. When they asked him about it, I can't remember how he worded it but it was basically that he picks his spots. This is coming from a guy who played with him and had to cover for him.
If anybody had been watching the Clippers regularly this season, they would've seen how much of a turnstile on defense he was and how he would regularly take possessions/games off on defense. And how much DeAndre had to cover for him. He's lucky to be a top 5 defender on his own team.

Daps
no. just stop.
I watched 100s of games this season and I can say without a doubt that Curry had more impact on that end. All his individual defensive numbers (contest rate, keep in front %, keep in front drive % and defensive FG%) were all better.

Curry defended 10.8 shots a game this season and his opponents shot -3.1% (FG%) worse
Paul defended 9.6 shots a game this season and his opponents shot +2.2% (FG%) better

It's certainly not unreasonable to suggest so like you're acting it is.

:manny:

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Chis Paul sure wasnt picking his spots when he had to cover for Hollins shyt D was he. fukking LOL at Ryan Hollins having to cover for Chris Paul on D. ROFL.
Hollins is a stiff but I don't think he has to be a DPOY to be a judge. In recent years, when the Clippers needed a stop, Paul was on the bench. Once a player is declared to be good or bad at defense, everyone just goes with it.

Kobe is the best example of this. Early in his career, he showed the ability to lock in when needed. As his scoring responsibilities ramped up, they started hiding him off the ball more and more . He put up below average defensive marks for just about his entire career because he just wasn't used on that side of the floor. In 2011, even the biggest stans admitted he sucked and wasn't healthy enough to play defense anymore and he STILL got 1st team :dead:

Daps
Seems like this thread needs to be upped again:
I consider curry an all time great. and the best offensive player in the league

My thing is, he's not going to be placed, IMO, over great two way players. Kwahi can't score like him. But his huge gap in defense vs curry makes up for the few fewer points he scores.

It's not like we comparing 30 ppg to 10. Chris Paul ain't too far off ppg of curry, but I know I can stick him on point guard in the league. And the assists are close as well

So top 3. Nah. He's a one fukking amazing trick pony. He can score. But put him on the cavs or clippers or any other team without 4 all pros, I don't see him carrying a team on his back

Poohdini

Rwanda Patriots Center #11
Daps
Reppin
What Is this stupid ass shyt

CP3 a anchor for one of the best defensive teams in the league right now