Its Sad The Peer Pressure Young Black Boys Go Through

timeless

All Star
Daps
Who doesn't want to be cool? Sometimes it's forever, sometimes it's a phase. But you mentioned a very important and overlooked aspect Op: school. Schools do not teach the necessary learning for children to grow into functional adults. I wish more Black people would insist on schooling their own children, or work to build a school house. The curriculum right now is so subpar that it literally ruins any interest in Academics for most kids, including math, reading/writing, science, and history (they aren't even learning the history of their own ancestors or how the world behaved before the wyte world powers came to be) .

Our children aren't learning the languages that will allow them to communicate with their people across the pond. They aren't learning how to do for self by not being depend on the government. They don't have proper survival skills. Why? They are being taught by wytepepo who don't care, and raised by black people who don't realize these things are important. I swear I wish I was taught certain things while I was younger because now I find them fascinating and helpful.

Neighborhood does in a way reflect the knowledge of the people. There are too many Black areas that don't promote positive acts or have a positive atmosphere. Some children strive for better regardless of their childhood. Those kids are like ambitious old souls. The kids you mentioned sounded highly impressionable to begin with. Getting good grades, mean you're doing what the teacher wants you to do. Not that you should rebel, but asking questions are good, especially when the curriculum does not give a full complete picture.

No father? Might matter or effect some, might not or not effect others. Results seriously do vary lol. Some kids are born without one, some just leave, some are pushed away by mom. It isn't one size fits all. A better idea would be to promote monogamy from a young age, even as a single parent, because at least it might clean up some of the baby daddy baby momma problems we complain about all the time.

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
explain where i'm wrong then. I'm 34 years old and been seeing it my whole life

i've never heard a nikka say "sure wish i didn't have to do this shyt"

and i'm talking about in private, nobody around, nothing to prove - never heard the shyt; in fact I've heard opposite ("i gotta get these new J's!")

quit making it out to be that black folks are at home in our cigar robes listening to beethoven and burt bacharach but the white media got us looking like c00ns and fools

that's bullshyt. instead of worrying about how these statements make you FEEL or how it makes us LOOK

acknowledge it, and fix the problem
You're black, you're from Memphis (I assume from 901 in your name), you're 13 years older than me, tell me what's the black community's problem so we can fix it. Because from how I see it, the white media makes us look like we're the degenerates of society, when we aren't doing anything that's worse that any other racial group

nikkas like buying J's, so what? So does Cody from Bartlett. Black girl in North Memphis spend $300 on weave, white girl in Germantown spends even more on Uggs and a designer purse. Consumerism and peer pressure are American problems, they aren't exclusive to black folks. Living beyond your means isn't a black thing, having fukked up priorities isn't a black thing. You see white kids on the internet doing dumb shyt, you think they log off social media to study quantum physics? Anti-intellectualism is prevalent in America as a whole. You're making it seem like nikkas act more stupid than anyone else

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
You're black, you're from Memphis (I assume from 901 in your name), you're 13 years older than me, tell me what's the black community's problem so we can fix it. Because from how I see it, the white media makes us look like we're the degenerates of society, when we aren't doing anything that's worse that any other racial group

nikkas like buying J's, so what? So does Cody from Bartlett. Black girl in North Memphis spend $300 on weave, white girl in Germantown spends even more on Uggs and a designer purse. Consumerism and peer pressure are American problems, they aren't exclusive to black folks. Living beyond your means isn't a black thing, having fukked up priorities isn't a black thing. You see white kids on the internet doing dumb shyt, you think they log off social media to study quantum physics? Anti-intellectualism is prevalent in America as a whole. You're making it seem like nikkas act more stupid than anyone else

Black people can't afford to do what white people do as Black people don't have the safety nets afforded to white people.

White kids can do dumb shyt on the Internet without their behaviors being attributed to their whiteness, Black people do not have that luxury.

These problems aren't exclusive to Black people but they affect Black people in much different ways than whites.

Last edited:

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
Obsessing over the possibility of failure won't help us succed.

nikkas need a reality check. A few corporations control it all. Whites aren't succeeding economically as much a you believe. A few blacks openings some businesses is gonna change the tide way people think. And most blacks aren't about that black economy life.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suburbanites in the thread...speaking on what they only hear 3rd hand, because they haven't lived through it.
Nah, we're talking about shyt we've seen. I grew up in the burbs and knew dudes who had parents making $300k+ a year, yet these dudes were still catching gun charges, expulsions, etc, trying to be what music / media told them they should be as black men. Just like we can't speak on your shyt, you can't speak on ours.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm always :mindblown: when dudes say shyt like this.

African-American-Median-Net-Worth.jpg

October-chart.png

Now why as a black man would you be OK with people sending money out of the community when the stats are like they are. This whole copout of "well white people do it too" doesn't fukking make any sense. Of course they do it, they can afford to! You have East Asian and South Asian people owning grocery stores, restaurants, and convenience stores in black neighborhoods and people are still like "I don't see the issue w/ people buying Js."

Wake the fukk up breh.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Nah, we're talking about shyt we've seen. I grew up in the burbs and knew dudes who had parents making $300k+ a year, yet these dudes were still catching gun charges, expulsions, etc, trying to be what music / media told them they should be as black men. Just like we can't speak on your shyt, you can't speak on ours.

It's not music that causes this it's the idea that being black means you have to stuggle.
Hell dudes get made fun of for being from the burbs.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not music that causes this it's the idea that being black means you have to stuggle.
Hell dudes get made fun of for being from the burbs.
What medium broadcasts that notion more effectively than hip hop music / TV?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If your a follower with no backbone

Which is much more common with people who don't have strong leadership examples set at home.
I'm not saying that no father figure at home = you'll automatically give in to peer pressure, but it clearly helps to have that foundation set

I've said this before but (for better or worse) I was raised with a strong superiority complex. One of the few benefits this gave me was that I never cared what others thought or did because I simply believed that I was raised better than them so their opinions were irrelevant :ehh:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Only a matter of time before he destroys her life as well.

In absence of their real father, somebody else should've stepped up to the plate to guide these kids. It doesn't have to be a new man. Could've been an uncle. The community. Something.

Instead these kids ended up trying to fit in with the wrong crowd. They turned to the streets for guidance. Sad shyt.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Which is much more common with people who don't have strong leadership examples set at home.
I'm not saying that no father figure at home = you'll automatically give in to peer pressure, but it clearly helps to have that foundation set

I've said this before but (for better or worse) I was raised with a strong superiority complex. One of the few benefits this gave me was that I never cared what others thought or did because I simply believed that I was raised better than them so their opinions were irrelevant :ehh:

Nothing beats having a strong patriarchal structure in your home :wow:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
A single mom i know had a 2 boys and she your typical struggling mom who be on facebook, tried to have a man living in the house that wasnt the dad but no one stays too long, and basic ratchet online behaivor (but she not too too street)

No dad around but her boys were innocent as kids and liked to do school work and i used to tell them "stay in school and be the best u can be" and they made good grades. They had alot of potential.

Fast foward to now being 9th graders and these nikkas look like they in the MIGOS and taking them homo pics with other skinny jean wearin fake kid thugs holding up "gang signs" and their grades slippin real bad. I called this shyt 6 years ago but no one believed me. I dont know if its the kids in the neighborhood, lack of father, or the schooling buts its depressing.

This cycle is sad :mjcry:

Oh - so they're teenagers now?

Teenagers are people. People do what they want to do.
Even with all the "guidance" and "pressures" either way - people choose to do what they want to.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
nikkas need a reality check. A few corporations control it all. Whites aren't succeeding economically as much a you believe. A few blacks openings some businesses is gonna change the tide way people think. And most blacks aren't about that black economy life.
Opening businesses, supporting black businesses and supporting black run media and such is gonna do way more than the nothing we are doing now

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Yea fukk that logic common sense shyt. Children should be able to raise themselves into productive young adults even in spite of an agenda designed for them to fail. That's real smart.

Naw fukk that enabling & weak ass bullshyt. I grew up in the hood with no father & their is an agenda, so i'm gone give up & adapt :martin:tf outta here