Its Sad The Peer Pressure Young Black Boys Go Through

Karb

Veteran
Daps
To be honest, its not a missing father thing, in more cases than some yea thats the reason, but Im going to go off myself for an example here for a minute, I was raised by working class carribeans, Father and step mother, mother lives back home.
My father owns his own, step mother owns her own, also a nurse practitioner and major in the military, they always preached the stay in school, stay away from company thing to me....

but in my junior high days to say sophmore year I would follow the knuckle head behavior, some of the dumbest shyt you can think of, and I came from a black middle class family, no real hood, projects or anything, the ignorant shyt was just cool in my eyes at the time..... honestly I dont care what anyone says but I feel our music has ALOT to do with it. On top of other things.

It's not just the music. Young boys need a healthy outlet to express their masculinity. In warrior cultures, they would have been receiving military training to teach them discipline and how to burn off their energy in productive ways. In modern times, you get them into sports, martial arts etc.. For many black kids, the only outlet they have is "street shyt", getting into stupid fights etc.. in other words, all the dumb, self-destructive shyt that's promoted in pop culture.

You need to keep your boys busy with useful activities that also help them express and grow their masculinity, desire for competition, dominance etc..

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Naw fukk that enabling & weak ass bullshyt. I grew up in the hood with no father & their is an agenda, so i'm gone give up & adapt :martin:tf outta here
You can't even speak in clear coherent sentences. You'd have been better off with a father:francis:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I was actually gonna post this when I was in the salon that day, but I was in the hair salon that my little brother gets his dreads twisted at and they were talking about their kids cause all of them except the owner are single mothers.

The married one was trying to give the rest of them discipline tips cause they were all having discipline problems with their sons. Some of them mentioned they would whoop them but that eventually stopped working as the boys got bigger. They would take away their video games, or stop buying them the clothes or shoes they wanted (all that's gonna do is make the little dude decide he needs to be able to get that on his own whether legal or illegal).

They were really just frustrated on why they couldn't keep their sons in line. You could tell they really love their sons and don't want them to crash out, but the idea that their sons need a man in their young lives isn't a possibility to them. It was honestly sad :mjcry:

Same chicks who be on that "I don't need no man" BS.

Independent women.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
You can't blame hip-hop for this shyt.

There was the same level of dysfunction before gangsta rap brehs. shyt started going down hill in the 70's, I believe, with the advent of gang culture, the crack epidemic, mass incarceration of black men. shyt decimated the entire community. That's the root of the problem. Pop culture (including hip-hop) does promote a lot of dysfunctional shyt, but strong families are in a position to shield and guard their kids against this sort of negative influence. The biggest consumers of hip-hop aren't even black people, it's Cacs. Why aren't they out here trying to mimic the young thugs and 21 savages of the world? :jbhmm:( I'm not saying that Cacs don't have to deal with a bunch of dysfunctional BS as well, especially due to certain destructive ideologies).

However, unjust government policies do not absolve grown men and women from taking responsibility for their actions wrt taking part in and perpetuating, or even glorifying, certain behavioral dynamics that are destructive for the community.

There's a certain blueprint for raising healthy children which humanity has adopted and perfected throughout thousands of years. fukk what anybody else says, there's no good replacement for a traditional family and black people would be dumb to allow themselves to become a social experiment in "alternative family structures". Single motherhood is not optimal. Promoting a culture of promiscuity and permissiveness is not optimal. Promoting a culture of irresponsibility is not optimal. Promoting a culture of extreme individualism is not optimal.

Anything that goes against traditional values and weakens the traditional family unit should be shunned and discarded.

But like I said earlier, the dysfunction is also being endorsed and perpetuated on a political level. You as an individual might not be able to do shyt to stop that from happening. However, you CAN make better decisions and take responsibility for yourself, your family and your community. At the very least, you can stop promoting certain behavioral patterns that you know are inherently destructive. :yeshrug:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
This is very true but it's not just a black thing. All races have this issue, especially in today's society or just being kids in general. Even having both parents and/or a strong extended family unit, may not always guarantee they'll stay on the right path. Kids see others doing things and then try to be cool and fit in so they won't get bullied. Peer pressure is very high during that time. You can try as a parent as much as you can but some kids midst won't listen. Some get over that fade, some don't. Like others have mentioned, music and just social media in general does have a huge affect on their behavior as well. And the environment isn't the cause either, cuz I know some that lived in nice areas and still acted up. My friends are going thru this with their daughter now. Bout to turn 13, struggling in school, starting to hang with the wrong friends, doesn't listen when told to do something. I've known them for years so seeing kids change for the worse is sad. You try to guide them on the right path but only they can do it themselves.

Daps
The proletarian class as a whole has such a fukked up reward system, it's no wonder you never see rich nikkas raise up their kids around them. You get rewarded for being dysfunctional and this magnifies as you go down the totom pole. nikkas can't afford to make no mistakes yet we buy into dysfunctional western philosophies the most. But then again this is all by design so :yeshrug:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You're black, you're from Memphis (I assume from 901 in your name), you're 13 years older than me, tell me what's the black community's problem so we can fix it. Because from how I see it, the white media makes us look like we're the degenerates of society, when we aren't doing anything that's worse that any other racial group

nikkas like buying J's, so what? So does Cody from Bartlett. Black girl in North Memphis spend $300 on weave, white girl in Germantown spends even more on Uggs and a designer purse. Consumerism and peer pressure are American problems, they aren't exclusive to black folks. Living beyond your means isn't a black thing, having fukked up priorities isn't a black thing. You see white kids on the internet doing dumb shyt, you think they log off social media to study quantum physics? Anti-intellectualism is prevalent in America as a whole. You're making it seem like nikkas act more stupid than anyone else

first of all, you have to acknowledge that there is a problem before you can fix it, this is a universal concept

as long as we have black folks screaming "we aight!" and "they do it too!" - we ain't fixing shyt, and this has been us since after vietnam

secondly, there is a difference between anti-intellectualism, and a culture that covets and promotes anti-social and self destructive behaviors

and the problem a lot of you cats make when this debate is had, is that you all are ignoring the term CULTURE. look up what the word CULTURE is

and in our CULTURE, we PROMOTE certain lifestyles, attitudes, and ideas that are damaging TO OURSELVES.

this is not a demeaning, degrading, or offensive statement - it is a statement of fact and is meant to help. not hurt peoples feelings

we're the only group of people on the planet that hates the idea of regulating and policing ourselves, i don't get it

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
:mjlol:

thread sounding really alt right

And this exactly why we aint gonna ever get right.

Telling black kids they should follow the template of successful and intelligent black brothers instead of rappers is considered being racist or c00nish. Sad. Want your kids to be like Migos instead of Barack Obama brehs.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're black, you're from Memphis (I assume from 901 in your name), you're 13 years older than me, tell me what's the black community's problem so we can fix it. Because from how I see it, the white media makes us look like we're the degenerates of society, when we aren't doing anything that's worse that any other racial group

nikkas like buying J's, so what? So does Cody from Bartlett. Black girl in North Memphis spend $300 on weave, white girl in Germantown spends even more on Uggs and a designer purse. Consumerism and peer pressure are American problems, they aren't exclusive to black folks. Living beyond your means isn't a black thing, having fukked up priorities isn't a black thing. You see white kids on the internet doing dumb shyt, you think they log off social media to study quantum physics? Anti-intellectualism is prevalent in America as a whole. You're making it seem like nikkas act more stupid than anyone else
Im sorry but If you're poor you have absolutely no reason to live beyond your means.

Esp if you have low income AND no wealth.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And this exactly why we aint gonna ever get right.

Telling black kids they should follow the template of successful and intelligent black brothers instead of rappers is considered being racist or c00nish. Sad. Want your kids to be like Migos instead of Barack Obama brehs.
What are you talking about?

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
:mjlol:

thread sounding really alt right
No it's not. This is the problem. Black people refuse to take any accountability for are shyt and want to blame it on white people.

It's much better when black people discuss these issues together than some white guy discussing it. Because the white guy will always have some kind of racist, prejudice, alt-right or discriminatory spin to it or they will simply come off as not informed and ignorant because they never experienced what we've experienced.