Its Sad The Peer Pressure Young Black Boys Go Through

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For some reason we as black people continue to be in denial about how harmful hip-hop culture is to our advancement. as if we all don't know suburban kids who pretend to bang, etc., despite having solid parents at home. shyt's not rocket science but we continue to deflect on these issues as if you can't point out systemic issues at the same time as cultural ones.

fact is, a lot of brehs would've made it were it not for the bullshyt we choose to consume and internalize. we've lost leaders, husbands, fathers, etc. to the shyt, and that's no exaggeration.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I wanna piggy back off what your saying but your 100% with this...
I had/have the GOAT of all time father...
Pops was like Julius from Everybody Hates Chris...
I was just a bad ass kid/teen wanting to be like nikkas like Tip and Webbie and Boosie lol...
But you here posting on the Coli, so you obviously didn't crash out.

And lol I always tell nikkas that Jeezy's "Thug Motivation 101" completely defined me in my teen years. I made some of the worst decisions of my life because of that album, but then again shyt worked out crazy for me.
Yup I notice a lot of young youth are standing side to side like they were born in o block, holding up chief keef signs and shyt... Its fukking weird...

The effects of Hip hop culture is all over this thread. When I read the thread title, I knew rap music was gonna be brought up real quick.:wow:

I keep trying to tell y'all that this is by design. This is the exact reason why they flood the airwaves with music that promotes and glorifies criminal/destructive behaviour. This is why they give rappers that perpetuate the most negative stereotypes of black people the biggest platform to influence.

Hip-hop could be one of blacks greatest weapons but they have turned it against us, and its currently being used as a weapon FOR white supremacy. Its being used as psychological warfare against the black mind.

WRsQ729.jpg

Its being used to paint the image of what "black" is, specifically to young black males.

Today, hip-hop culture is more of a detriment to the black mind than an asset. Hip-hop alone isn't the problem, its the fact that its controlled by people that hates blacks and wants us in their prisons, aka modern day slavery:

Daps
For some reason we as black people continue to be in denial about how harmful hip-hop culture is to our advancement. as if we all don't know suburban kids who pretend to bang, etc., despite having solid parents at home. shyt's not rocket science but we continue to deflect on these issues as if you can't point out systemic issues at the same time as cultural ones.

fact is, a lot of brehs would've made it were it not for the bullshyt we choose to consume and internalize. we've lost leaders, husbands, fathers, etc. to the shyt, and that's no exaggeration.
truth right here, even white parents know more than likely little Timmy is going through a stage trying to dress like Chief Keef or Wayne but likely, it will pass because they dont have the hard lives like most young blacks

its entertainment to them :mjcry:

luciddreamer

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The sleepless city
It honestly takes growing up and having your own child to really sit back and not look at shyt through rose colored glasses.

Music can surely heal your soul, but can also destroy it. I used to think these things have no power (images, music, video etc...) boy was I wrong...its mental conditioning at its finest, and for those that actually live in these toxic environments, its a death trap.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
The effects of Hip hop culture is all over this thread. When I read the thread title, I knew rap music was gonna be brought up real quick.:wow:

I keep trying to tell y'all that this is by design. This is the exact reason why they flood the airwaves with music that promotes and glorifies criminal/destructive behaviour. This is why they give rappers that perpetuate the most negative stereotypes of black people the biggest platform to influence.

Hip-hop could be one of blacks greatest weapons but they have turned it against us, and its currently being used as a weapon FOR white supremacy. Its being used as psychological warfare against the black mind.

WRsQ729.jpg

Its being used to paint the image of what "black" is, specifically to young black males.

Today, hip-hop culture is more of a detriment to the black mind than an asset. Hip-hop alone isn't the problem, its the fact that its controlled by people that hates blacks and wants us in their prisons, aka modern day slavery:

Look at this

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Gotta have solid healthy love and open communication at home.

Lack of love leaves kids vulnerable and they end up seeking it out in the shady ass world.

Lack of communication leaves everyone in the dark which leads to dark secrets, suicides, etc.

Love your kids and always keep an open line of communication.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
They failing themselves. Mf that I grew up with no father excuse shyt.
They gotta stay focus & make a way out. They old enough to see a dangerous & non productive path.
Yea fukk that logic common sense shyt. Children should be able to raise themselves into productive young adults even in spite of an agenda designed for them to fail. That's real smart.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Ultimately, white folks control our music. So unless you have way to get it back under our control:manny:.

Yep, and that's my ultimate point.
Hip-hop alone isn't the problem, its the fact that its controlled by people that hates blacks

But then again, there are lots of blacks that feel there is no problem PERIOD despite what you just said. They will tell you quick that music has zero affect on the subconscious/mind PERIOD.

The things that me and you see as problematic isn't a problem AT ALL to a large # of black people. Matter fact, they will get mad if you bring it up.

Too many of us are completely blind. I've accepted this.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
In my case, coming from a single parent house hold where my mother worked a lot to keep the lights on, the allure of street life and being part of something that was stressed as a community thing was too alluring to stop and think what I was getting myself into. It caused a lot of heart ache, depression and time wasted. Now that I'm older I cringe at the amount of positive advice I received that I just wasn't hearing.