Its Sad The Peer Pressure Young Black Boys Go Through

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
We need to get a black economy up to help fix some of these issues and make sure we can hit white supremacy harder

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be honest, its not a missing father thing, in more cases than some yea thats the reason, but Im going to go off myself for an example here for a minute, I was raised by working class carribeans, Father and step mother, mother lives back home.
My father owns his own, step mother owns her own, also a nurse practitioner and major in the military, they always preached the stay in school, stay away from company thing to me....

but in my junior high days to say sophmore year I would follow the knuckle head behavior, some of the dumbest shyt you can think of, and I came from a black middle class family, no real hood, projects or anything, the ignorant shyt was just cool in my eyes at the time..... honestly I dont care what anyone says but I feel our music has ALOT to do with it. On top of other things.
There's a lot of truth in this especially with the music angle. We can just look through the years how much the music has influence through the generations. It's very understandable to the reason why, as a race of people that really don't have a culture or identity like other races, hip hop/rap is the closest thing we have to one. So we just mirror each other the environment the music for the most part. It sad but it's reality. That's why with my 12 yr old I try to listen to a lot of soul hip hop to show him it's cool too to be of the opposite, we have to have positive reinforcement from all angles, not just the home.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

bu...bu...TRUMP!!

let black folks tell it, we're in the middle of civil rights movement 2.0, cops killing us, we have the new hitler in office that wants to eradicate black america

yet we bopping to "PULL UP W/A STICK" :bryan:

this is how you know we selling wolf tickets :camby:
Ultimately, white folks control our music. So unless you have way to get it back under our control:manny:.

nah bruh. I use to use this argument all the time

look at that video...you think those people are depressed? wishing they were in top tier schools? wishing they were studying the works of noam chosky?

i grew up around this bullshyt; nikkas love being nikkas - the lifestyle, the women, the music - and I wish we'd stop fronting about this shyt, it's not like people don't already know this

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Dumb coli nikka: "What's wrong with looking like the Migos? They had a #1 song"

Tired of these images on the internet/video of young Black dudes doin nothin but holdin styrofoam cups, throwin up gang signs, talkin bout "securin' a bag" and that they "got it out the mud"

nikkaz be 16 yrs old with a 7th grade education

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ultimately, white folks control our music. So unless you have way to get it back under our control:manny:.
Copout

Plain and simple.

These rappers are not being forced to record mostly negative content and neither is anyone being forced to listen. This is the worst argument to use in the internet era, it doesn't reflect reality. The fans of hip hop are as much responsible for dictating the tastes in the music and where it goes.

We are supporting the ignorance Boldy so let's not keep saying labels got power over our listening choices when we can click download and watch what we please in a moment's notice. That's on you the consumer. Until people are honest about this ain't shyt happening. You want to keep consuming the same ignorance that's consuming you while denying the harm it does and pointing the blame away. Can't cosign that.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Copout

Plain and simple.

These rappers are not being forced to record mostly negative content and neither is anyone being forced to listen. This is the worst argument to use in the internet era, it doesn't reflect reality. The fans of hip hop are as much responsible for dictating the tastes in the music and where it goes.

We are supporting the ignorance Boldy so let's not keep saying labels got power over our listening choices when we can click download and watch what we please in a moment's notice. That's on you the consumer. Until people are honest about this ain't shyt happening. You want to keep consuming the same ignorance that's consuming you while denying the harm it does and pointing the blame away.
Can't cosign that.

bingo.gif

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
bu...bu...TRUMP!!

let black folks tell it, we're in the middle of civil rights movement 2.0, cops killing us, we have the new hitler in office that wants to eradicate black america

yet we bopping to "PULL UP W/A STICK" :bryan:

this is how you know we selling wolf tickets :camby:

nah bruh. I use to use this argument all the time

look at that video...you think those people are depressed? wishing they were in top tier schools? wishing they were studying the works of noam chosky?

i grew up around this bullshyt; nikkas love being nikkas - the lifestyle, the women, the music - and I wish we'd stop fronting about this shyt, it's not like people don't already know this
You're coming across as a self-hating nikka tbh. You're talking as if destructive lifestyles are exclusive to, or exacerbated in the black community. The vast majority of America lives a fukked up lifestyle, and the vast majority of America is obviously white. "nikkas love being nikkas," foh. Stupid people love being stupid, and that most of society, regardless of race

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You're coming across as a self-hating nikka tbh. You're talking as if destructive lifestyles are exclusive to, or exacerbated in the black community. The vast majority of America lives a fukked up lifestyle, and the vast majority of America is obviously white. "nikkas love being nikkas," foh. Stupid people love being stupid, and that most of society, regardless of race

explain where i'm wrong then. I'm 34 years old and been seeing it my whole life

i've never heard a nikka say "sure wish i didn't have to do this shyt"

and i'm talking about in private, nobody around, nothing to prove - never heard the shyt; in fact I've heard opposite ("i gotta get these new J's!")

quit making it out to be that black folks are at home in our cigar robes listening to beethoven and burt bacharach but the white media got us looking like c00ns and fools

that's bullshyt. instead of worrying about how these statements make you FEEL or how it makes us LOOK

acknowledge it, and fix the problem

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It starts with family, family is the foundation. If the foundation is weak, its highly likely the kid gonna get lost somewhere.

Of course there is exceptions to the rule.

If black women chose better mates to father their kids, we would have won half the battle.
I know the coli loves to throw black women under the bus :mjgrin: But if a woman grows up not having a father, it does a lot of damage just like boys.

Dating wise there is HUGE difference between those women who grew with their fathers and those who did not.

My girl's father died when she was a baby and lemme tell ya:francis: She will probably get the bushes. Simple things I am.used to, I realize she has no concept of......Simply because there was no man there :scust:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I know the coli loves to throw black women under the bus :mjgrin: But if a woman grows up not having a father, it does a lot of damage just like boys.

Dating wise there is HUGE difference between those women who grew with their fathers and those who did not.

My girl's father died when she was a baby and lemme tell ya:francis: She will probably get the bushes. Simple things I am.used to, I realize she has no concept of......Simply because there was no man there :scust:

Are you going to break up with her today, if not, why not?

:lupe:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
To be honest, its not a missing father thing, in more cases than some yea thats the reason, but Im going to go off myself for an example here for a minute, I was raised by working class carribeans, Father and step mother, mother lives back home.
My father owns his own, step mother owns her own, also a nurse practitioner and major in the military, they always preached the stay in school, stay away from company thing to me....

but in my junior high days to say sophmore year I would follow the knuckle head behavior, some of the dumbest shyt you can think of, and I came from a black middle class family, no real hood, projects or anything, the ignorant shyt was just cool in my eyes at the time..... honestly I dont care what anyone says but I feel our music has ALOT to do with it. On top of other things.
I agree with you, I really didn't pay attention to radio music and most of the music I can remember listening to was my moms neo soul stuff and my dads old rap and the oldies from my grandparents, with that stuff playing in my head all the time I learned a lot of lessons, so the way I acted I was usually calm and observative, but my lil brother would listen to that mainstream stuff non-stop and he's a super crowd follower at his age, like at 13 he's the total opposite of me, he's name brand obsessed loves overusing the word thot always playing some off brand dc trap rap n shyt, I'm not bout to let my littlest brother listen to that shyt

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Also you got to blame the woman in this situation and the family. Like I know women can't teach men to be men but like she don't got no uncles? Cousins? A grand father? Like what the fukk where are the other men in the family? My mom raised me and my younger brother mainly by herself and we both lived away from our fathers but at the same time we had plenty of men in the family to give us game and show us the way, shyt like that is avoidable, or at least to the point they may follow but know when to say enough is enough