it's offical now, right? AEW use of bryan danielson is worst series of fukk ups in recent memory

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
If this what he wanna do at least go to Japan then fukk. Give me Okada D Bry :damn:

Shame he's not going to be able to do Wrestle Kingdom this year since it's on a Wednesday and I'm sure TK is going to need him for the show in Seattle that night since he's from that market.

If he actually did win yall would be mad he was a transitional champion. There was no pleasing y'all here. Its his last years wrestling by his own admission if he never wins the AEW belt i can live with that. He just better get to Japan at least one more time

Nothing will please Danielstans. He could hold every belt in the company and they'd still complain about his booking.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Bryan is Clearly on his HBK post elimination chamber steez.

Because after that Michaels didn't win the belt at all during his 2nd run...which is crazy now that I think about it.

Breh went from 02 to 2010 and had alot of title matches....and lost all them shyts :mjlol:

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Shame he's not going to be able to do Wrestle Kingdom this year since it's on a Wednesday and I'm sure TK is going to need him for the show in Seattle that night since he's from that market.

Nothing will please Danielstans. He could hold every belt in the company and they'd still complain about his booking.
Nah im a Danielson stan too but i know that at this point he isnt stat padding because thats not who he is. Its why im a stan. His work isnt contingent on if he is going over, its contingent on having the best match possible. I got to live through his ROH title reign and saw him put over Homicide in NYC for it. He locked up GOAT in my eyes that night. Everything else is extra for me.

That said, he better be a final boss in Bloodsport just once before he retires :birdman:

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
Everyone in here talking about what he wants to do or doesn't want to do is missing the mark by a mile

He's not his own boss :mjlol:

They brought him in because he's a star, not for him to play around with his favorite new indyriffic guys.

Of course he doesn't need the mf AEW title.  They need him at the top of the card, in title pictures, to make their fukking titles mean something, because he's the best wrestler in the world and brings the best out of anyone he gets in the ring with. And even their top guys need that badly

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Danielson’s AEW run only seems weird because of fan expectations based on how his WWE run went

This back to basics Bryan without the emphasis on titles or merch seems pretty legit. He’s getting good money to wrestle on national tv, no scruples.

With that being said tho, if he’s meant to ever get the big belt, he’s gotta be the one to ultimately take it off MJF down the line

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
He don't wanna be booked to win anymore. It is what it is
Unless someone can confirm this I will always feel like he should get one good run before he goes on his farewell tour. Because right now it’s weird watching him lose to Jericho and Mox, 2 people he is clearly better than.

Where does he go next? He beat Jericho to get to this spot but oddly enough Jericho left with a title and Bryan didn’t. That makes him look like his win was a fluke. IMO
I don’t particularly care if he’s happy or miserable, he’s doing what he wants or he’s being forced. What matters is whether it’s entertaining and it hasn’t been in my opinion.
This! In a company that says wins and loses matter, Bryan has a lot of big loses.

Also Mox ain’t that guy, after this run which I expect to be transitional. I need him to take his vacay and come back and stay far away from the top title. He can be a big deal in some good matches but not as the guy. It’s just not that interesting
Bryan is Clearly on his HBK post elimination chamber steez.

Because after that Michaels didn't win the belt at all during his 2nd run...which is crazy now that I think about it.

Breh went from 02 to 2010 and had alot of title matches....and lost all them shyts :mjlol:
I mean after the way HBK acted during his title runs would you have even wanted to put the belt on him? He probably felt like the pressure of being the top guy caused him to be the POS that he was

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
If he isn’t the one to take the title off MJF then the only other way I see him winning it is part of a retirement tour in the last year of his contract.

• Haha
Reactions: jeh

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If he actually did win yall would be mad he was a transitional champion. There was no pleasing y'all here. Its his last years wrestling by his own admission if he never wins the AEW belt i can live with that. He just better get to Japan at least one more time
He's also said he'll wrestle in his 70's if he can, this is probably his last fully commited run in a promotion, but Danielson changes his mind every 6 months when it comes to that kind of thing. And it's been stated he didn't need to be a transitional chamo here so miss me with this "y'all" nonesense.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If he isn’t the one to take the title off MJF then the only other way I see him winning it is part of a retirement tour in the last year of his contract.
I still think Eddie should get a feel good reign by beating a hated heel for the strap. MJF and Punk are the names that come to mind and Punk ain't getting that belt again (at least for a very long time).

Scenarios chance all time, the current one is a perfect example, but not sure there's a clear path that fits Danielson right now. Feels like this was the chance. Though I guess we'll see what's the status of the company (and him) next Summer/Fall.

• Wow

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
He's also said he'll wrestle in his 70's if he can, this is probably his last fully commited run in a promotion, but Danielson changes his mind every 6 months when it comes to that kind of thing. And it's been stated he didn't need to be a transitional chamo here so miss me with this "y'all" nonesense.
He was going to be just like Mox is. Tge tournament was designed as a "who is taking Punk's place to put over MJF". Its the way booking has been planned since Max went on his tirade.

If "y'all" doesnt apply to you why not let it go instead of acting like I hurt your feelings? You know damn well i wasnt talking about you

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Everyone in here talking about what he wants to do or doesn't want to do is missing the mark by a mile

He's not his own boss :mjlol:

They brought him in because he's a star, not for him to play around with his favorite new indyriffic guys.

Of course he doesn't need the mf AEW title.  They need him at the top of the card, in title pictures, to make their fukking titles mean something, because he's the best wrestler in the world and brings the best out of anyone he gets in the ring with. And even their top guys need that badly
You dont have to be champion to elevate young stars though. If the story is good it doesnt matter. They can push him as a marquee guy but the title doesnt necessarily have to be there. I dont think anything TK could do would top the Wrestlemania 30 win anyway. Id rather Danielson elevate a Hobbs or Starks to main event status with a great story than the same old "up and comer beats the champ" story we always get

• Haha