It's Almost Mid Jan and The Reasons for Owning a System For Current Gen Titles are Looking Scarce

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
You bought a 4k monitor, a new graphics card and a rig that plays it?

Sure maybe.

The only way I can see that is if you caught a card on the low low and already had stuff to work with.

Someone building a machine from the ground up, its going to cost more than buying a console from the store.

And even if you somehow build a top of the line machine for 1400 that's still double than picking up a new console.
It wouldn't be TheColi without dudes fronting

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Console gamers include monitor price in pc gaming :hula: dont add tv cost in console gaming

You pay monthly for xbox subscription correct? $10 a month ? Thats $840 over 7 years. I dont see you adding that to your costs? What about average price of a game for console being $60? While those same games are $20-30 on PC :jbhmm: new 2nd controller how much that run you :jbhmm:
Everyone pretty much has a tv most people don't have monitors.

And the point in buying PC according to you is to have the best for less. So even if you do already have monitors they are probably generic trash and even if they aren't are they 4k HDR 120hz because if not... then the whole point in you having a top of the line gaming machine is pointless.

Where as that's not the case with PS5 and Xbox series X it's a significant upgrade hardware wise even without having a fancy tv.

If I pay for a monthly subscription I can get a discount for buying it a couple months or a year at a time. I also save money on having either gamepass or PSnow, so while the PC player doesn't have to pay 7-10 bucks a month for a sub, if they are playing any 1st party titles from xbox that's a cool 60 each time and outside of a handful of exclusives that can't play sony games at all.

yet somehow they are winning compared to console players?

Just get everything if you gaming like that and call it a day. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

And FYI the only game I've really payed 60 for recently is cyberpunk "because I got it digital and late" when I could have got that for 40 on series x. Most console games you aren't paying full price if you getting it from somewhere other than the digital store.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

And the point in buying PC according to you is to have the best for less. So even if you do already have monitors they are probably generic trash and even if they aren't are they 4k HDR 120hz because if not... then the whole point in you having a top of the line gaming machine is pointless.

Where as that's not the case with PS5 and Xbox series X it's a significant upgrade hardware wise even without having a fancy tv.

If I pay for a monthly subscription I can get a discount for buying it a couple months or a year at a time. I also save money on having either gamepass or PSnow, so while the PC player doesn't have to pay 7-10 bucks a month for a sub, if they are playing any 1st party titles from xbox that's a cool 60 each time and outside of a handful of exclusives that can't play sony games at all.

yet somehow they are winning compared to console players?

Just get everything if you gaming like that and call it a day. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

And FYI the only game I've really payed 60 for recently is cyberpunk "because I got it digital and late" when I could have got that for 40 on series x. Most console games you aren't paying full price if you getting it from somewhere other than the digital store.

Yeah, I've looked around and the only time PC games are all super cheap that totally outclasses console prices are when it's them humble bundle small ass indie games (sometimes the shyts be early access/i.e. incomplete games) when you getting dozens of games that can be ran on an Atari for 12 dollars. Otherwise, they have full price AAA games and they go on sale quick, but seem to forget that console games go on sale all the time, in-stores or digitally, just as quick. It's literally a wash on that front for all the real hot games that find their ways at the top across all the sytems and they generally price around the same around the same time, save a specific sale/situation that can go either way. Cats act like you can't get eons of relatively "free" games at those same humble bundle per month prices on consoles. Nintendo probabl the only company that rarely has sales (on first part games anyway).

IgnorantDwayneWayne

NC Pleighboy
Daps
I can’t stunt I’m happy af that I couldn’t beat the bots in November then gave up. Rea talk it’s not much to play right now. Ima wait until I can walk into a store n just grab a 5. Might take 3 months 6 months or a year. It’s not like games expire ‍♂️♂️

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

over 90% of American households have a computer - actual stats.. like forreal thats the number, that 90% of households in America have a computer. So again, you are just in here lying for nothing. To say no one has a monitor, when over 90% of American households have a PC is insane. You just cant stop lying, its ridiculous. You cant help it.. PC gaming is incredibly more popular than console gaming, so im not even understanding how your brain would even come to this conclusion..

consoles are not top of the line, why are you expecting PC's to be top of the line for every build ? Why cant people have mid grade PC builds? This forum is only 1 extreme or another :heh:

Yeah, I've looked around and the only time PC games are all super cheap that totally outclasses console prices are when it's them humble bundle small ass indie games (sometimes the shyts be early access/i.e. incomplete games)

more lies, example when Overwatch came out it was $39.99 for PC's and $59.99 for xbox and PS4, just one of the many examples. Call of Duty has discount codes for almost 50% off on release days while you have to pay full price on console. :camby:

IgnorantDwayneWayne

NC Pleighboy
Daps
over 90% of American households have a computer - actual stats.. like forreal thats the number, that 90% of households in America have a computer. So again, you are just in here lying for nothing. To say no one has a monitor, when over 90% of American households have a PC is insane. You just cant stop lying, its ridiculous. You cant help it..
I don’t have a dog in this fight... but what year is that 90% from breh I’ve seen that stat brought up for damn near ten years. N what percentage are actually laptops not monitor/tower combos. Obviously laptops wouldn’t count for ya argument.. Post the link. I highly doubt it’s that high right now but If I’m wrong I’ll concede :ehh:

Edit: make sure it’s not counting smartphones too breh like those stats usually do.

Last edited:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Console gamers include monitor price in pc gaming :hula: dont add tv cost in console gaming

You pay monthly for xbox subscription correct? $10 a month ? Thats $840 over 7 years. I dont see you adding that to your costs? What about average price of a game for console being $60? While those same games are $20-30 on PC :jbhmm: new 2nd controller how much that run you :jbhmm:

Speaking for myself, Ps+ was $50, I typically only buy on sale games for $20 because I already gotta deep backlog. I was fine with my old 6yr old TV until my dog broke it. I had the same ps4 controllers since launch so I figure my ps5 controllers will be just fine. I got a couple friends who PC game and they always spending money on upgrading every 6 months. Buying a 500 dollar console and playing on the couch infront of a 65" TV is more convenient than spending racks on building a rig and sitting in a chair infront of a small monitor(s).

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don’t have a dog in this fight... but what year is that 90% from breh I’ve seen that stat brought up for damn near ten years. N what percentage are actually laptops not monitor/tower combos. Obviously laptops wouldn’t count for ya argument.. Post the link. I highly doubt it’s that high right now but If I’m wrong I’ll concede :ehh:

Edit: make sure it’s not counting smartphones too breh like those stats usually do.

Most people don’t own desktops capable of playing current gen games on decent settings.

Majority of people use internet primarily for microsoft office, social media, email, etc. Then there are the people that have rigs capable of doing video editing and multimedia/graphic design...which probably still aren’t high end desktops.

I would put money on it that the majority of people own something eqvuiilent to an MacBook or MacBook Pro, iPad, or a entry level dell laptop.

He’s acting like most people are just a graphics card/ram update away from having a gaming rig

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Most people don’t own desktops capable of playing current gen games on decent settings.

Majority of people use internet primarily for microsoft office, social media, email, etc. Then there are the people that have rigs capable of doing video editing and multimedia/graphic design...which probably still aren’t high end desktops.

I would put money on it that the majority of people own something eqvuiilent to an MacBook or MacBook Pro, iPad, or a entry level dell laptop.

He’s acting like most people are just a graphics card/ram update away from having a gaming rig

most popular games in the world are not "current gen" games, so settings is irrelevant.. if pc games generated what "current gen" console games generated the CEO's would jump off a cliff tomorrow :heh: that shyt dont move the needle on PC gaming, the most popular game on twitch as we speak is a game from 2013 (Rust) :dead: PC gamers do NOT give a fukk about you perceive as current gen, its why call of duty yearly releases dont sell much on PC, we truly dont give a shyt :ld:

so what they have is irrelevant as long as they can play the most popular games on PC because thats why they are PC gamers right ? why would we stoop so low to care about the same shyt you console peasants care about :mjlol:

80% from a 2018 census which did not include cell phones.

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2018/acs/ACS-39.pdf

this is from 2018 - in 2016 they stopped counting cell phones in the survey. I assume a government website is official enough ?

"In 2016, the U.S. Census Bureau measured smartphone ownership or use and tablets separately for the first time, in addition to more traditional desktop or laptop computers."

67% of households had a smart phone
77% had a laptop or desktop

I guess im off a little but its not a small %, also you can use a TV as a monitor so im not even understanding this argument from the start, I was just humoring the conversation.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Y’all go ahead and keep copping all the latest and greatest

Ima sit back and wait till the PS5 Pro comes out this or next holiday and all the games are discounted

giphy.webp

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yeah, I've looked around and the only time PC games are all super cheap that totally outclasses console prices are when it's them humble bundle small ass indie games (sometimes the shyts be early access/i.e. incomplete games) when you getting dozens of games that can be ran on an Atari for 12 dollars. Otherwise, they have full price AAA games and they go on sale quick, but seem to forget that console games go on sale all the time, in-stores or digitally, just as quick. It's literally a wash on that front for all the real hot games that find their ways at the top across all the sytems and they generally price around the same around the same time, save a specific sale/situation that can go either way. Cats act like you can't get eons of relatively "free" games at those same humble bundle per month prices on consoles. Nintendo probabl the only company that rarely has sales (on first part games anyway).
This ain’t true. Matter fact the difference majority of the time with preordering a PC title vs a console title is that when u preorder a PC title a lot of the time it’s like 20-30% off. Now consoles are trying to catch up to that practice but PC has been doing this for years.