It's Almost Mid Jan and The Reasons for Owning a System For Current Gen Titles are Looking Scarce

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
]
ive had one since about 2013 or 2014 around there :ld:

I mean, you own a PS4, its not 4k capable right? Your tv works good for that, right? You buy the PS5, its now 8k capable :troll: but really lets just keep it at 4k standard is what they are pushing, your current TV needs to be upgraded to fully utilize this, right ? So that means you bought a new TV based off of your new console.. otherwise you would of just kept your old TV..

I didn’t buy an 8k tv though so I’m not getting your argument. My old tv was 4k also, and I bought it in 2016 and there have been 4k sets widely available since 2012 and brand new models that are 400 dollars and less.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
]

I didn’t buy an 8k tv though so I’m not getting your argument. My old tv was 4k also, and I bought it in 2016 and there have been 4k sets widely available since 2012 and brand new models that are 400 dollars and less.

if your TV you bought in 2016 fully capable with PS5 ?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
so now we are arguing if a quality TV costs more or less than a quality monitor ? what fukking world do some yall live in :mjlol: you can find 4k monitors for about $200 at almost any where that sells monitors, where can you find $100 4k tvs :mjlol:
Inch for inch, price is close. They don’t make “quality” TVs in small sizes. But if you want a quality 50 inch monitor it’s gonna cost you some money.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Console gaming is way more expensive over a 7 year generation period than PC gaming.

Consoles have a cheaper entry point (thats arguable now, youve spent at least 1k between games, subscriptions and headset and extra controller since November if you bought the games you said you bought :sas2:) but higher continued costs, where as PC is higher entry cost but lower cost over time.

so why are you trying to cheat the way this works and bring PC entry costs down?

come on man you are in your 30s you should know how to use a calculator by now

It's not cheaper to build a PC, especially now.

It's not easier than just purchasing or setting up a console.

The biggest benefit by far is just having superior graphic and FPS POTENTIALLY.

Right now if I want to play cyberpunk as a a newb that just wants to play the best version of the game with just a run of the mill computer at the house.

I'm spending over 2k easy, and that's if I can straight up by everything I want and get it in a reasonable time frame.

After getting a 4k monitor that suppers 120hz and Graphics, CPU, and the and everything else it's not going to be cheap. And At best I'm promised the next 4 years of being able to run any and everything in 4k Ultra high settings... after that it's a toss up, but yeah you should be able to get through the gen if you go ALL out now. Again you not going all out under 2k, and even if you manage to pull it off somehow between getting things, on sale or second hand its going to take forever.

Or you can just get a PS5 or Series X for 500 and a 4k HDR tv IF you don't already have one already, if you do. You literally only need 500, and if you the type to have old games or systems you can trade that in and get a system for even cheaper than that. The hardest part is getting ahold of a system right now.

Anything you'd buy on a console accessory wise you'd get on a PC also so thats the same.

Also if you aint tech savvy then PC is a huge turn off, the plug and play of console is easy enough that even most peoples parents can walk through a setup.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It's not cheaper to build a PC, especially now.

It's not easier than just purchasing or setting up a console.

The biggest benefit by far is just having superior graphic and FPS POTENTIALLY.

Right now if I want to play cyberpunk as a a newb that just wants to play the best version of the game with just a run of the mill computer at the house.

I'm spending over 2k easy, and that's if I can straight up by everything I want and get it in a reasonable time frame.

After getting a 4k monitor that suppers 120hz and Graphics, CPU, and the and everything else it's not going to be cheap. And At best I'm promised the next 4 years of being able to run any and everything in 4k Ultra high settings... after that it's a toss up, but yeah you should be able to get through the gen if you go ALL out now. Again you not going all out under 2k, and even if you manage to pull it off somehow between getting things, on sale or second hand its going to take forever.

Or you can just get a PS5 or Series X for 500 and a 4k HDR tv IF you don't already have one already, if you do. You literally only need 500, and if you the type to have old games or systems you can trade that in and get a system for even cheaper than that. The hardest part is getting ahold of a system right now.

Anything you'd buy on a console accessory wise you'd get on a PC also so thats the same.

Also if you aint tech savvy then PC is a huge turn off, the plug and play of console is easy enough that even most peoples parents can walk through a setup.

I just spent $1400 building a new PC in April that can play Cyberpunk on Ultra Settings 4k resolution :dahell: mafukkas be in here lying :heh:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just spent $1400 building a new PC in April that can play Cyberpunk on Ultra Settings 4k resolution :dahell: mafukkas be in here lying :heh:
You bought a 4k monitor, a new graphics card and a rig that plays it?

Sure maybe.

The only way I can see that is if you caught a card on the low low and already had stuff to work with.

Someone building a machine from the ground up, its going to cost more than buying a console from the store.

And even if you somehow build a top of the line machine for 1400 that's still double than picking up a new console.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Sure maybe.

The only way I can see that is if you caught a card on the low low and already had stuff to work with.

Someone building a machine from the ground up, its going to cost more than buying a console from the store.

And even if you somehow build a top of the line machine for 1400 that's still double than picking up a new console.

It’s over 3 times the amount if you’re talking digital ps5.

And he still gonna upgrade again by the time ps6 comes out so his argument ain’t adding up

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I aint hardly been on the site

tenor.gif
:laff:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Sure maybe.

Console gamers include monitor price in pc gaming :hula: dont add tv cost in console gaming

You pay monthly for xbox subscription correct? $10 a month ? Thats $840 over 7 years. I dont see you adding that to your costs? What about average price of a game for console being $60? While those same games are $20-30 on PC :jbhmm: new 2nd controller how much that run you :jbhmm: