It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:dahell: Jay was a feature on those songs it’s not even his album

It’s practically a NOI album and it’s Grammy nominated and don’t be surprised if Jay Electronica winds up going Gold by next year.

Why not talk about Jay-Z’s album and how arguably the most popular young rapper remixed a song off it 3 years after the fact

:laff:
nikka as of RIGHT NOW King’s Disease sold more than that shyt and if we talkin real life I know FAR more people that think Nas’ album was dope and a lot of them same people ain’t even heard the Jay Elect shyt or thought it was trash. shyt I had to put my son on to some dope Jay Elect cause he swore son was garbage after listening to that project. I don’t agree with him but ur criteria’s ain’t matching up. U can’t speak on impact shyt in this conversation. And who the fukk knows who gonna be sampling Nas shyt cause 3 years later ain’t happen yet. It’s undeniable that Jay is more famous than Nas so u need to factor that into the shyt u talkin as well.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
nikka as of RIGHT NOW King’s Disease sold more than that shyt and if we talkin real life I know FAR more people that think Nas’ album was dope and a lot of them same people ain’t even heard the Jay Elect shyt or thought it was trash. shyt I had to put my son on to some dope Jay Elect cause he swore son was garbage after listening to that project. I don’t agree with him but ur criteria’s ain’t matching up. U can’t speak on impact shyt in this conversation. And who the fukk knows who gonna be sampling Nas shyt cause 3 years later ain’t happen yet. It’s undeniable that Jay is more famous than Nas so u need to factor that into the shyt u talkin as well.
That Jay Elect shyt ain’t Jay Z’s album the only reason it even did what it did is because of Jay Z

It’s in OP to show a 50 year old rapping on a high level that’s all

I thought it was dope and I thought KD was dope but that’s where it stops neither is a “classic”. I think Jay Electronica album had higher level rapping while KD had better production

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
:dahell: nas gotta do with anything

and :dead: at mentioning sales when it comes to jay Z vs Nas

nas ain’t been plat since since my 21st bday. Lebron was in his 2nd year and the ps2 was rolling lol

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
NO RAPPER HAS MADE THE IMPACT PAC HAS. NONE.
Jay’s impact is pretty crazy the amount of MC’s he has inspired and the infrastructure he has established that’s made him a billionaire and others millionaires the outlets he has created for others the success is unprecedented

Death plays a factor in Pac’s idolization

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Jay’s impact is pretty crazy the amount of MC’s he has inspired and the infrastructure he has established that’s made him a billionaire and others millionaires the outlets he has created for others the success is unprecedented

Death plays a factor in Pac’s idolization
Bro. Pac sold more records than Jay ever has off one album WHILE HE WAS HERE fam. Pac was more than just a rapper. NO rapper has made as much impact as Pac and honestly Jay getting with Beyonce expanded him beyond hip hop fans as far as being a household name. U gotta be delusional if u think any rapper touched the world like Pac. How much money Jay has don’t got shyt to do with what I’m talking about. Pac got statues in every country. Jay’s words just don’t touch the globe the way Pac’s does because Pac was just a more relatable writer to the average everyday person. nikka rapped about everything damn near and doesn’t sound forced doing any of it. shyt TIP was just explaining this shyt on The Breakfast Club and said it to Jay’s face. He’s actually seen the world to know.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Stupidass thread

its 2021 and yall still cant wrap your head that Rap does not and will likely never have a Objective GOAT.

posting a bunch of Jay tributes by artist doesnt mean anything. Pac gets tributes hell Rod Waves album this year was like a Melodic "Me against the world" tribute, Nas gets tributes, Wayne gets tributes and called the Goat, etc.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Why cant you be objective tho? I think most of us agree MJ is the goat basketball player right? That doesn’t mean he’s your favorite tho
Sports and its rankings =/=Rap.

NVM that the the things to consider someone as GOAT is not the same as Basketball. In ball theres a clear criteria. Whereas rap differs.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Stupidass thread

its 2021 and yall still cant wrap your head that Rap does not and will likely never have a Objective GOAT.

posting a bunch of Jay tributes by artist doesnt mean anything. Pac gets tributes hell Rod Waves album this year was like a Melodic Me against the world tribute, Nas gets tributes, etc.
Lol.