It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

KillKenny

Pro
Daps
Jay has the GOAT career I agree but Nas is my GOAT. Artistically Nas IMO is greater. Plus I got unlimited respect for Nas raising up like a fuxking fenix everytime, from Jay's attack to money issues to divorce, Somehow Nas always win, it's amazing. Call me a stan but it's facts, dudes said nas was done for two decades now, 2020 and he is super millionaire with a dope album. 27 summers that wasn't even a goal :wow:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
And Jordan is basketball :gucci:

There’s people who think LeBron, Kobe, Wilt, etc. the greatest but objectively and by wide consensus Michael is the greatest

It’s the same for Jay. Mike Jordan of recording.
Speaking on consensus. I think Pac is generally viewed as the GOAT if we talking worldwide/ most people, including casual listeners of hip hop

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
Jay is a great but you CAN’T be the Goat when Nasir Bin Olu Dara is spitting like this

Roll the credits on this thread.....:whew:

Seriously though... greatest lists/ Top5 n all that, is all personal preference n what moves yo radar more to consider an mcee as one ...:manny:

With that said Jay aint even in my top 5....:mjpls::sas2:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
I’m a Bron fan he’s my G.O.A.T.

Objectively I can say Michael is the greatest based off his accolades and impact

It’s the same shyt in rap

Music is not the same as sports. Music is completely subjective. There are no stats or objective ways to judge it. If someone argues Chief Keef is the goat there is no way to objectively say he isn't.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Music is not the same as sports. Music is completely subjective. There are no stats or objective ways to judge it. If someone argues Chief Keef is the goat there is no way to objectively say he isn't.
Yeah there is it’s called removing your personal biases.

I said it before and I’ll say it again rap has stats, accolades, influence.

U can drop personal opinions but the proof is in the pudding when it comes to who this G.O.A.T. shyt is. Nobody is doing this at 50.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Yeah there is it’s called removing your personal biases.

I said it before and I’ll say it again rap has stats, accolades, influence.

U can drop personal opinions but the proof is in the pudding when it comes to who this G.O.A.T. shyt is. Nobody is doing this at 50.

music is a personal subjective experience its impossible to remove personal biases. Jay having good business acumen and using his influence to stay relevant has nothing to do with being the greatest. Damn near half the rap game is signed to roc nation of course he will get shoutouts and praised by other rappers and the media. Its business.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
music is a personal subjective experience its impossible to remove personal biases. Jay having good business acumen and using his influence to stay relevant has nothing to do with being the greatest. Damn near half the rap game is signed to roc nation of course he will get shoutouts and praised by other rappers and the media. Its business.
Yes it is possible nikkas do it all the time y’all never listened to certain rappers who were before your time yet still put them top 10 and shyt I see it all the time. That’s being objective. Rakim way before my time but I know he can’t be left off a top 10.

Anyone can be objective by removing their personal opinion and biases

And its not about business acumen why is this talking point used to detract from Jay?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Yes it is possible nikkas do it all the time y’all never listened to certain rappers who were before your time yet still put them top 10 and shyt I see it all the time. That’s being objective. Rakim way before my time but I know he can’t be left off a top 10.

Anyone can be objective by removing their personal opinion and biases

And its not about business acumen why is this talking point used to detract from Jay?
This is a different convo.

someone can’t be in your top 10 that you didn’t experience. If you wanna claim a person you didn’t experience had a top 10 career or run then that’s different

Jay had the best career of any rapper.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
On some rapping shyt Jay rapped better than Nas in 2020.
:patrice:
I haven’t listened to the Jay Elec album since probably April, but now I want to go back and compare it to KD, because I think Nas was rapping his ass off that album.

I will say this, Jay was rapping better on the JE album than he did on 4:44. There were songs on the 4:44 album where his flow was atrocious.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Objectively it’s Pac. If we talking all time.
If we are being 100% objective it’s Prodigy.
lYvWah1.jpg