It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, yet they all paid tribute to Jay-Z in 2020. NBA is like 19. And it's a family tree. Lil Wayne is the biggest Jay-Z stan there is.

"The best rapper alive since the best rapper retired"

Nope, stylistically and musically you don't see Jayz influence streaming through these artists.

Jigga was the lyrical drug rapper, these guys are the not so lyrical drug users.

The direct influence is Wayne, in content style and even all that singing through auto tune which Jay tried to stop mainstream rappers using/abusing.

Stylistically Tupac is a bigger influence on these new gen rappers.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nope, stylistically and musically you don't see Jayz influence streaming through these artists.

Jigga was the lyrical drug rapper, these guys are the not so lyrical drug users.

The direct influence is Wayne, in content style and even all that singing through auto tune which Jay tried to stop mainstream rappers using/abusing.

Stylistically Tupac is a bigger influence on these new gen rappers.
:dahell:

Jay influenced Wayne and then Wayne influenced all these other guys. It’s a family tree of influence. The OP says it all.

The biggest mainstream rapper of the new gen is a Jay stan. Drake.

The biggest mainstream rapper of the last gen is a Jay stan. Wayne.

The current biggest underground rapper is a Jay stan. Benny.

How is Pac a bigger influence on the new gen?

U not saying nothing drug dealer, drug user what you talking about? :snoop:

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please man nikkas was outside and it’s not like Nas would be getting play :mjlol:

Jay was featured on Jay Electronica album and he outspat Nas verse for verse. :mjlol:

For your sake I hope Nas wins that Grammy :lolbron:

Nas stans holding on to him outselling fukking Jeezy first week and then completely falling off the charts :mjlol:

That shytty ass Spicy video been stuck at 5M views for 2 months :mjlol:

jay did not out spit nas just stop

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:dahell:

Jay influenced Wayne and then Wayne influenced all these other guys. It’s a family tree of influence. The OP says it all.

The biggest mainstream rapper of the new gen is a Jay stan. Drake.

The biggest mainstream rapper of the last gen is a Jay stan. Wayne.

The current biggest underground rapper is a Jay stan. Benny.

How is Pac a bigger influence on the new gen?

U not saying nothing drug dealer, drug user what you talking about? :snoop:
Jay influenced Wayne on The Carter 1 but then nikkas realized Gillie was involved which puts in place where the Jay shyt came from since Jay got influenced from being around all them Philly nikkas it influenced his flow a lil bit. But when Wayne got real popular leading up to Carter 3 that was all Andre 3k influence to keep it funky wit u.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I wouldn't call it a massive flop. A Jay Z/Beyonce album would've never been triple platinum. Joint albums rarely if ever have sales that match peak numbers of the artists individually. Joint albums tend to sell around the same or less than what the artists normally do individually.

At worst, it was a flop, but nowhere near massive.
shyt didn’t even sell THAT much more than Nasir considering they tried to underhand him with the release. shyt was def a flop for their standards.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Jay influenced Wayne on The Carter 1 but then nikkas realized Gillie was involved which puts in place where the Jay shyt came from since Jay got influenced from being around all them Philly nikkas it influenced his flow a lil bit. But when Wayne got real popular leading up to Carter 3 that was all Andre 3k influence to keep it funky wit u.
Wayne favorite rapper is Jay though. U can see it in the album covers from C1 and C2 he was copying his whole style on them covers trying to pose just like him. U can hear all the Roc-a-Fella beats on the Sqad Up tapes and just all the Jay-Z beat freestyles he's done up to present day. U can listen to Mr. Carter on C3 and him saying shyt like "I'm the best rapper alive because the best rapper retired". It was one skit on one of them old Wayne tapes he was talking about going to Roc-a-Fella if I remember correctly. When Wayne revamped from the Hot Boys his style was all NY/Philly shyt. That nikka loves Jay man, that's his favorite rapper easily.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
you posted this in a forum full of out of touch nas fans that dont go outside for real
hov is the goat on numerous levels :yeshrug:
Let’s get it straight here. I’m definitely outside and these young nikkas ain’t jackin either one like that but what I will say is I see a lot more of em say they don’t really fukk wit Jay too crazy but they respect Nas.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Wayne favorite rapper is Jay though. U can see it in the album covers from C1 and C2 he was copying his whole style on them covers trying to pose just like him. U can hear all the Roc-a-Fella beats on the Sqad Up tapes and just all the Jay-Z beat freestyles he's done up to present day. U can listen to Mr. Carter on C3 and him saying shyt like "I'm the best rappers alive because the best rapper retired". That nikka loves Jay man, that's his favorite rapper easily.
Album covers whatever. He def is a big Jay fan and was dikkriding him crazy for a few years. But at the same time. His style wasn’t like Jay’s. It’s that misdirection shyt a lot of these artists do to make nikkas not pay attention to who they biting. For instance. Kendrick will talk about Jay and Nas and Pac n all kinda shyt. But on his albums he was sounding like Bone Thugs and Andre 3k sprinkled with a lil Eminem. shyt Andre 3K was present when he did bytch Don’t Kill My Vibe. ADHD sound like some fusion Bone Thugs shyt but he never mentions any of these people as his biggest influences. I wonder why.

Daps
Hov is my personal GOAT, but I definitely understand all perspectives of the argument. Hov probably wasn't the greatest rapper, poet, lyricist, et al at any point in his career, but he's maintained a longevity, legacy, and influence that no one else has even come close to matching or replicating.

The mystique of Hov involves a lot of his prophetic verses, spit way back when that reflect where he is now. There's also the business angle to Hov and Roc-A-Fella that simply can't be ignored. That hustla mentality is a part of his greatness. Roc-A-Fella's legacy extends into 2020, beginning circa 1994-95.

For me - the fact that there are people that anticipate a Hov verse in 2020 says it all. The verses may not be GOATworthy, but they add a sprinkle of metaphors & double entendres that just outlaps the current generation of rappers at any point since the early 2000s.

Daps
Let’s get it straight here. I’m definitely outside and these young nikkas ain’t jackin either one like that but what I will say is I see a lot more of em say they don’t really fukk wit Jay too crazy but they respect Nas.

I heard KD coming out of cars, ps & parks over the summer. I was honestly shocked. Almost had to question what year it was