It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"stilll being around" doesn't make u da greatest of all time btw:mjlol:

jayz has always been willing to follow trends or attach himself to hot acts to stay relevant

like i said, he's a genius when it comes to marketing and presentation.

but he;s not revelant today strictly because of his music, its his wife and his business ventures. similar to kanye

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
That's how we see them today when they dropped they were hot albums they went on to be influential and now today we see them as classics. An album can't drop tomorrow and be called a classic the next day.

No wonder you got Nas stans in here saying King's Disease is a classic :scust:

You're joking right? They were classics when they dropped. Matter of fact, they're still as revered, and loved, and damn near played the same as they were when they dropped...nothing has changed with how those albums were received or perceived

To think of it, is Reasonable Doubt the only album that became a "classic" years later? And if that's the case, is it a classic because of who he became? If it's not the only, it's more than likely the first. Blueprint may be his only real-time classic. Vol2 is his biggest, but 2 years later and no one was even talking about it anymore, The Black Album was received mixed, American Gangster had 0 of the fanfare, even though those 2 round out his trinity.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Like I said he had connections.

It's crazy to act like he's supposed to be moving the units much more established artists was moving with his debut album on an independent label.

The Fugees were on Ruffhouse, and flopped with their first album. Flopped hard enough that most thought they'd fade into obscurity. The Score was beyond what anyone expected, and their promotion was probably less than what Jay had. That album sold from the muscle...it didn't get promo until like the 3rd single...whatever Killing Me Softly was.

Ice Cube, and Face/Geto Boyz were on Priority then, so don't act like Jay was on Cardboard Box Records. BCC were also over there at the time. Jay had he same amount of promotion, probably more with his placements, and did less with how that album was received.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You're joking right? They were classics when they dropped. Matter of fact, they're still as revered, and loved, and damn near played the same as they were when they dropped...nothing has changed with how those albums were received or perceived

To think of it, is Reasonable Doubt the only album that became a "classic" years later? And if that's the case, is it a classic because of who he became? If it's not the only, it's more than likely the first. Blueprint may be his only real-time classic. Vol2 is his biggest, but 2 years later and no one was even talking about it anymore, The Black Album was received mixed, American Gangster had 0 of the fanfare, even though those 2 round out his trinity.
When they dropped they was hot albums. The way they appreciated over time is what makes them classics. Look up the meaning of the word classic my dude...

judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
"a classic novel"

That's what classic mean something can't come out today and be called a classic. As for RD it's an album that has appreciated a lot over time and is of the highest quality and it has turned out to be a highly influential album. The album did not have the impact of those artists you mentioned because those were all major label artists and those artists all had a name and were established before they dropped those albums. Dr. Dre had a career well before The Chronic and Snoop was all over The Chronic. Nas didn't make a great impact sales wise Illmatic is the definition of a slow burning classic.

Scarface was a commercial and critical failure but over time it has become one of the most classic movies there is.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay raps about his life better than whatever rapper u can name can rap about :wow:

jay surpassed og’s like
Rakim
Krs
LL
Kool G
Cube

he surpassed dudes who were poppin b4 him
Nas
Biggie
Pac
Wu
Snoop

he outlasted dudes that were scorching during his run
Jeezy
Wayne

and after 20 years later he still mentioned with the best of the new era

“How can u not be a Hov fan?”

:boss:
define "surpass"

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The Fugees were on Ruffhouse, and flopped with their first album. Flopped hard enough that most thought they'd fade into obscurity. The Score was beyond what anyone expected, and their promotion was probably less than what Jay had. That album sold from the muscle...it didn't get promo until like the 3rd single...whatever Killing Me Softly was.

Ice Cube, and Face/Geto Boyz were on Priority then, so don't act like Jay was on Cardboard Box Records. BCC were also over there at the time. Jay had he same amount of promotion, probably more with his placements, and did less with how that album was received.
Jay should be the G.O.A.T. alone off all he's done for Philly rap scene. :mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Can’t even say he’s relevant because of Beyonce anymore.
They dropped a joint album in 2018 and it flopped. :huhldup:
I didn't hear the album have no interest in hearing Jay-Z and Beyonce love album :shaq2:

Didn't know having a $250M grossing tour, being critically acclaimed, winning a Grammy, going Plat, having a top 15 single off a collab side project is a flop not to mention the shyt was only available for streaming on Tidal and was a surprise drop

:huhldup:

Only old rapper selling like Hov is Em, and we know why don't even know why you talking about flops and relevance :mjlol:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
When they dropped they was hot albums. The way they appreciated over time is what makes them classics. Look up the meaning of the word classic my dude...

judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
"a classic novel"

That's what classic mean something can't come out today and be called a classic. As for RD it's an album that has appreciated a lot over time and is of the highest quality and it has turned out to be a highly influential album. The album did not have the impact of those artists you mentioned because those were all major label artists and those artists all had a name and were established before they dropped those albums. Dr. Dre had a career well before The Chronic and Snoop was all over The Chronic. Nas didn't make a great impact sales wise Illmatic is the definition of a slow burning classic.

Scarface was a commercial and critical failure but over time it has become one of the most classic movies there is.

Illmatic was classic the day it dropped. It didn't sale because of bootleg and because they were no radio hit.

Reasonable doubt only grew in rep because of jay's career. Jay was in indépendant artist but no marketed as such. He had fukkin Mary j Blige and biggie on it. shyt compare jay's video to nas' illmatic videos. He had way more budget.

Scarface was a instant classic hood/popular movie

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
"stilll being around" doesn't make u da greatest of all time btw:mjlol:

jayz has always been willing to follow trends or attach himself to hot acts to stay relevant

like i said, he's a genius when it comes to marketing and presentation.

but he;s not revelant today strictly because of his music, its his wife and his business ventures. similar to kanye
Yeah it does. It's called longevity which is what anyone wants in they career. He's more than just around too. :mjlol:

Yeah it's called being smart why would you stay stuck in the past? When you a business that's what you do. U stay current you don't wanna go out like Blockbuster when Netflix came through. Is that what Nas did when he got Lil Durk and Fivio Foreign features on his latest album?

Yeah, that's part of being a great artist marketing and presentation

Ye and Jay a pop culture icons super celebrities can't knock them for it they transcend music

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah it does. It's called longevity which is what anyone wants in they career. He's more than just around too. :mjlol:

Yeah it's called being smart why would you stay stuck in the past? When you a business that's what you do. U stay current you don't wanna go out like Blockbuster when Netflix came through. Is that what Nas did when he got Lil Durk and Fivio Foreign features on his latest album?

Yeah, that's part of being a great artist marketing and presentation

Ye and Jay a pop culture icons super celebrities can't knock them for it they transcend music
this is da second time you brought up nas when replying to me
i never mentioned nas once in either of my posts
escobar is on your mind:umad:

music quality has nothin to do with his how much money you have, who you are married to, or what record label you are running.

jay-z fooled a lot of you into thinking otherwise:yeshrug: