It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He was on Priority and the album was promoted by a single on the Nutty Professor soundtrack being pushed by Def Jam. With Biggie, all up in the video.
Yeah, he had a distribution deal. The album was independently marketed through a street team. :snoop:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
So once again you’re trying to sell me on a slow & steady argument...which is great!

3b8031f1-d0be-418f-8c96-bc1d3b403f1e-AP_Ripken_2131_Anniversary_Baseball.jpg

Drake, who has outsold Jay, is still around
Wayne, who has outsold Jay, is still around
Ye, who has outsold Jay, is still around

And yes you are also right

Ja, who outsold Jay, is no longer around
50, who outsold Jay, is no longer around
Nelly, who outsold Jay, is no longer around

What does any of this have to do with anything? If you were to say that 4-5 of those 25 years he actually dominated rap (critically & commercially top dog) then you’d have an argument but until you can provide anything past the money he’s made & his association with Beyonce giving him extra mileage...:yeshrug:
Nikka Willie Mays not Cac Ripken :umad:

Bring up the biggest Jay-Z stans in the world, Drake and Lil Wayne, to make your point, brehs :umad:

It's not his money and it's not Beyonce. It's his dominance over a 25 year career and his influence in hip-hop that makes him the G.O.A.T., you can bring up these people that was hot and outsold him in a singular year and fell off in the long run all you want.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Yeah, he had a distribution deal. The album was independently marketed through a street team. :snoop:
As someone who was cognizant in 96, Jay got the same marketing or push that 90% of rappers got.
Write ups in the Source
Videos on BET/MTV on the hip hop shows. AINT No even got daytime radio play in the Bay which wasn’t common for NY rappers at the time.
plus his affiliations with Big and Foxy.
Did he get the Doggystyle push Snoop got in 93? No.
But he got what the vast majority of rappers got.
This wasn’t San Quinn’s album on priority in 96 that truly had an independent marketing plan.

Daps
Nikka Willie Mays not Cac Ripken :umad:

Bring up the biggest Jay-Z stans in the world, Drake and Lil Wayne, to make your point, brehs :umad:

It's not his money and it's not Beyonce. It's his dominance over a 25 year career and his influence in hip-hop that makes him the G.O.A.T., you can bring up these people that was hot and outsold him in a singular year and fell off in the long run all you want.

I hear you

Daps
As someone who was cognizant in 96, Jay got the same marketing or push that 90% of rappers got.
Write ups in the Source
Videos on BET/MTV on the hip hop shows. AINT No even got daytime radio play in the Bay which wasn’t common for NY rappers at the time.
This wasn’t San Quinn’s album on priority in 96 that truly had an independent marketing plan.

I’m really not sure he was around then but that’s ok

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
So are you finally admitting it?
What is there to admit? His influence is larger than ever music isn't even his main focus anymore.

But when he did drop he had the fourth highest selling first week rap album.

Is this what falling off looks like? :laff:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Who gives a fukk in 2020 nikkas making tribute albums to RD.
So? He ain’t the only one people making tribute albums for. Son. The issue with u is u speaking with authority on some shyt u really wasn’t around for. Problem is these documentaries n shyt been rewriting history for this nikka for a minute and u sipped the Kool Aid. And Jay is Top 3 in my eyes. But these is facts I’m telling u.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Write ups in the Source
Jay money was longer than nikkas and he was more connected it was still an independent release with a distribution deal with street team marketing. And it was a debut album, in Jay's circumstances selling 420,000 copies in his first year and having a Gold single being bumped in his city was a huge success. Which is again why he was able to maneuver through the industry, with the label heads, with the business people the way he was, which is why he tripled his album sales on his next album just a year later.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Jay money was longer than nikkas and he was more connected it was still an independent release with a distribution deal with street team marketing. And it was a debut album, in Jay's circumstances selling 420,000 copies in his first year and having a Gold single being bumped in his city was a huge success. Which is again why he was able to maneuver through the industry, with the label heads, with the business people the way he, which is why he tripled his album sales on his next album just a year later.
U DO know Stacey Dash helped them right? Lol. Fam. That album had push. It’s just that it wasn’t considered anything special amongst everything else that was dropping that year. I actually bought the album on release too.