It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

Daps
U DO know Stacey Dash helped them right? Lol. Fam. That album had push. It’s just that it wasn’t considered anything special amongst everything else that was dropping that year. I actually bought the album on release too.

That shyt was fighting for looks sandwiched between Camp Lo, Ironman & Hell On Earth

I remember

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
U DO know Stacey Dash helped them right? Lol. Fam. That album had push. It’s just that it wasn’t considered anything special amongst everything else that was dropping that year. I actually bought the album on release too.
Like I said he had connections.

It's crazy to act like he's supposed to be moving the units much more established artists was moving with his debut album on an independent label.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Yea I’ve felt this way for prolly five years now at least. He checks all the boxes. Dope lyricist, great catalog, versatile subject matter, has songs for every occasion, consistency, dope features, business acumen. What more could anybody really want?

Not all the boxes. Stage presence? Meh. Emotion. Meh. Game changing album? Nah. Precocity. No. Originality. Nah. Versalite subject matter. Not really. Authenticity. No. Social consciousness. Nah or forced

He 's great. But far from the best and a lot of his succès have to do with bending the circumstances to his benefit rather than let the work speak for itself

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Like I said he had connections.

It's crazy to act like he's supposed to be moving the units much more established artists was moving with his debut album on an independent label.
Bruh. My nikka wasn’t moving like an independent artist. He had lead songs in hit movie soundtracks. nikka had mad radio play. nikka had Biggie and AZ and a bunch of people all in his videos. Biggie was featured on his album. nikka was associated with Foxy Brown. Dude had Premier on some of his album production. Dude was moving fam. Lol

Daps
Bruh. My nikka wasn’t moving like an independent artist. He had lead songs in hit movie soundtracks. nikka had mad radio play. nikka had Biggie and AZ and a bunch of people all in his videos. Biggie was featured on his album. nikka was associated with Foxy Brown. Dude had Premier on some of his album production. Dude was moving fam. Lol

Don’t forget Mary

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It's still his first body of work he's not outselling more established artists and he made those connections. Big was his man he went to high school with AZ. shyt is all Brooklyn ties. I know he moved like he was on a major but he was still really independent.

Nikkas believed in him Big said Jay was better than him :damn:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Not all the boxes. Stage presence? Meh. Emotion. Meh. Game changing album? Nah. Precocity. No. Originality. Nah. Versalite subject matter. Not really. Authenticity. No. Social consciousness. Nah or forced

He 's great. But far from the best and a lot of his succès have to do with bending the circumstances to his benefit rather than let the work speak for itself
He checks off all them boxes really.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Jay raps about his life better than whatever rapper u can name can rap about :wow:

jay surpassed og’s like
Rakim
Krs
LL
Kool G
Cube

he surpassed dudes who were poppin b4 him
Nas
Biggie
Pac
Wu
Snoop