It’s about to be 2019 and nikkas still out here fat as hell looking like shyt...

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
the problem these days is the search for the magic bullet or quick fix. people allow something that can be so simple to become so overly and unnecessarily complicated.

a basic understanding of calories in vs calories out and macro nutrients, a commitment to consistency and some self discipline could really cover about 80% of the changes that need to be made to move in the right direction.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the problem these days is the search for the magic bullet or quick fix. people allow something that can be so simple to become so overly and unnecessarily complicated.

a basic understanding of calories in vs calories out and macro nutrients, a commitment to consistency and some self discipline could really cover about 80% of the changes that need to be made to move in the right direction.
Does any of that address the psychological issues that cause people to overeat and gain massive amounts of weight? Society in general needs to accept that being fat is usually a symptom of deeper issues and if those deeper issues aren't resolved an eating plan isn't gonna accomplish much.

You're approaching this from an intellectual standpoint but many people need to deal with the root cause of the problem before they take the steps to resolve the position the problem put them in.

If you give a broke person $10 million tomorrow they're still mentally who they were before they got that $10 million. If you revisit that broke person again in 10 years there's a very good chance they'll be broke again. Same with fat people. Willpower is a finite resource. Willpower can get them down in weight but it won't keep them there.

The horrible truth is losing weight is easy. Keeping the weight off long term is the real battle. That's where dealing with the deeper problems needs to happen.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

You smart

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Some of these personal trainers be arrogant as fukk though....I started going to the gym this week and noticed when I was using dumbbells, this black breh training this scrawny white teen kept on giving me the :mjlol: and:francis:

I didn't take it personal but I'm like man..he was a beginner too at one point and had to work hard to get the body he wanted. I'm trying to get like you:francis:

Im 5'8, 175lbs...not fat but I got a beer gut I wanna get rid of and don't eat the best. I also have a weird body type.

I started a new diet recently, increase water intake and noticably feel alot better.

Snacking is still an issue but instead of eating chips and cookies, illI eat granola bars, peanuts or fruits.

Haven't had fast food for almost 2 weeks

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Does any of that address the psychological issues that cause people to overeat and gain massive amounts of weight? Society in general needs to accept that being fat is usually a symptom of deeper issues and if those deeper issues aren't resolved an eating plan isn't gonna accomplish much.

You're approaching this from an intellectual standpoint but many people need to deal with the root cause of the problem before they take the steps to resolve the position the problem put them in.

If you give a broke person $10 million tomorrow they're still mentally who they were before they got that $10 million. If you revisit that broke person again in 10 years there's a very good chance they'll be broke again. Same with fat people. Willpower is a finite resource. Willpower can get them down in weight but it won't keep them there.

The horrible truth is losing weight is easy. Keeping the weight off long term is the real battle. That's where dealing with the deeper problems needs to happen.
That's where his comments regarding not using a quick fix/magic bullet and consistency come into play.

Pawning off obesity on psychological issues is a big f-ing leap bordering on fukking BS. That might be the outlet but they definitely aren't married and can be corrected.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Some of these personal trainers be arrogant as fukk though....I started going to the gym this week and noticed when I was using dumbbells, this black breh training this scrawny white teen kept on giving me the :mjlol: and:francis:

I didn't take it personal but I'm like man..he was a beginner too at one point and had to work hard to get the body he wanted. I'm trying to get like you:francis:

Im 5'8, 175lbs...not fat but I got a beer gut I wanna get rid of and don't eat the best.

I started a new diet recently, increase water intake and noticably feel alot better.

Snacking is still an issue but instead of eating chips and cookies, illI eat granola bars, peanuts or fruits.

When you get bigger and better lookin than the personal trainers then they start tryin to be your friends and stay out your way, true story :ehh:

But you’re payin way too much attention to bullshyt anyway, just do your workout and be “courteous” to other lifters. All the other shyt is null and void, it ain’t high school...

It ain’t that deep fat boy, just stop smashin cookies and shyt :yeshrug:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps

are you implying that the gross majority of obese people actually suffer from legit mental illness?

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
Breh, these muthafukkas still be wearin garbage bags and have been for years n still ain’t figured it out :bryan:

It’s ppl just wearin waist trainers that just go and sit in the sauna....

It seem like some petty shyt but you can really see how dumb most people are by just lookin around at your local gym because most of this nonsense can easily be googled

THATS THAT shyt I CAN'T STAND!!!!!!:mad:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
are you implying that the gross majority of obese people actually suffer from legit mental illness?
I think it's true. Not necessarily a mental illness, but an unconscious reliance on food to soothe certain emotional situations or even centering food around social events. People end up eating more and find it harder to control weight. It takes a certain level of awareness to NOT haplessly eat at a social event or turn to a pint of ice cream because you had a bad day...or a good day. Some people will always struggle with it, similar to a mental illness, but it can definitely be self-treated.

Last edited:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps

You loyal

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps

Im 5'8, 175lbs...not fat but I got a beer gut I wanna get rid of and don't eat the best. I also have a weird body type.

Haven't had fast food for almost 2 weeks
Congrats on the 2 week progress
Keep pushing

Fred

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I think it's true. Not necessarily a mental illness, but an unconscious reliance on food to soothe certain emotional situations or even centering food around social events. People end up eating more and harder to control weight. It takes a certain level of awareness to NOT haplessly eat at a social event or turn to a pint of ice cream because you had a bad day...or a good day. Some people will always struggle with it, similar to a mental illness, but it can definitely be self-treated.
there is certainly a mental aspect to it that becomes a challenging hurdle. it typically requires lifestyle changes and change is hard for a lot of people. but i take issue with the notion that it's legit full on mental illness. i think that minimizes other legit mental illness and frees the person from taking personal responsibility for not being responsible for their own physical health and well being.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I think it's true. Not necessarily a mental illness, but an unconscious reliance on food to soothe certain emotional situations or even centering food around social events. People end up eating more and find it harder to control weight. It takes a certain level of awareness to NOT haplessly eat at a social event or turn to a pint of ice cream because you had a bad day...or a good day. Some people will always struggle with it, similar to a mental illness, but it can definitely be self-treated.
btw...

:wub:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
there is certainly a mental aspect to it that becomes a challenging hurdle. it typically requires lifestyle changes and change is hard for a lot of people. but i take issue with the notion that it's legit full on mental illness. i think that minimizes other legit mental illness and frees the person from taking personal responsibility for not being responsible for their own physical health and well being.

Exactly...

That’s a weak ass cop out. Ppl will make any excuse under the sun to mask their bullshyt.

Snacks and bullshyt taste good to everybody, some of us just have the maturity and discipline it takes to say no to certain shyt, especially in excess.

Only “mental illness” there is with these fat muthafukkas is that they’re basically kids in adult bodies :mjlol:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That is the more accurate version but I think that's still is a crutch.

Most people don't go from being in shape to obese. That's usually a life long thing. Point being If you were an overweight kid, teen, young adult then saying its an escape is kind of faulty. It is but YOU have to make that change. I'm talking in the context of gaining extra unwanted pounds during certain periods versus being very overweight.