It’s a Dawg Eat, Dawg World! The OFFICIAL 2022 UGA Thread #DefendingChamps

Will UGA finally get over the hump and win a natty this yr?

• Yes

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • fukk Florida

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • We going byke2byke

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I don’t look at what he said as throwing the WRs under the bus, it’s facts. You want him to be hyper critical of Jake to the media but that’s not ever going to air him out like that. He criticizes him on things like execution which he mentioned about how we run a lot of the same plays as LSU. He acknowledged that he, Coley and Jake will both be criticized and they should be. This isn’t a championship winning offense but the pieces are there IMO

At the end of the day the offense has to get better. Coley’s gotta go but the comment Kirby made about us running a lot of the same schemes LSU runs (which I disagree with) and them just having more success indicates a couple things:

Kirby thinks Coley is the right guy. I’m convinced Kirby wants an OC he can control and he can do that with Coley. Kirby is not gonna cede control of that side of the ball...he wants a ground and pound run attack

Kirby is a Jake Fromm apologist and will defend him to the core

We will target a bunch of WRs and TEs in recruiting

Blalock will be out next year with an ACL
I'm not asking him to kill fromm to the media. Im just saying it's not fair to kill the wrs in the media if he's not willing to hand out equal share to Jake.

The fact that you said the bolded means you know exactly what we are talking about. Has a head coach that's an issue

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
That's a coaching issue. Not calling for Kirby's head quite yet but if he keeps up this hard heading approach on offense, we will never win it all. You change your offense to MAXIMIZE the talent you have. You dont try to force your talent into offenses that limit your teams ceiling.
Lol at “Not calling for Kirby’s head just yet

I get y’all mad but please log off if firing him has remotely crossed your mind
Didn't quote you since it wasn't a direct accusation...................
LOL I mean, might not have used the reply button but I'm pretty sure I'm who that was directed towards :skip:.

Regardless, kirby is gonna be here for a while. I hope he's here for a long time cause he's a damn good recruiter and a great defensive mind. He just needs to be more humble when it comes to the offense. All I want for him is to be successful and make the decisions that will lead to a UGA natty. Even Saban had to modernize

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
LOL I mean, might not have used the reply button but I'm pretty sure I'm who that was directed towards :skip:.

Regardless, kirby is gonna be here for a while. I hope he's here for a long time cause he's a damn good recruiter and a great defensive mind. He just needs to be more humble when it comes to the offense. All I want for him is to be successful and make the decisions that will lead to a UGA natty. Even Saban had to modernize
It's all good. I think everyone is on the same page and just all frustrated.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
I'm not asking him to kill fromm to the media. Im just saying it's not fair to kill the wrs in the media if he's not willing to hand out equal share to Jake.

The fact that you said the bolded means you know exactly what we are talking about. Has a head coach that's an issue

One thing you gotta remember is that Kirby is always recruiting, no matter what the scenario or the situation

For as poorly as Jake played this year he realizes he doesn’t want to lose him to the draft. I think Jake probably comes back. He’s setting up recruiting, which he’s behind on because of Signing Day moving up and him coaching in the SECCG. He can sell this season and game to recruits on offense that you’ll play immediately. We got some 5 star offensive recruits that are still in the mix...it’s gotta be all about recruiting now until the Sugar Bowl

King Karim

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets be honest tho, Fields wouldn’t have looked as good in this offense. shyt Jake doesn’t look good in this offense. I think Justin leaving was the right move for both parties...he was never going to get his chance here
Fields would look great in ANY offense...esp with those monsters on the line blocking for him like Jake has..

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Fields would look great in ANY offense...esp with those monsters on the line blocking for him like Jake has..

No, that’s not true. It wasn’t true last yr under Chaney and it wouldn’t have been true under Coley. We don’t run a pro spread offense with RPOs. This is a very traditional smash mouth offense with no creativity to it. It’s designed for RBs to eat, not QBs

King Karim

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, that’s not true. It wasn’t true last yr under Chaney and it wouldn’t have been true under Coley. We don’t run a pro spread offense with RPOs. This is a very traditional smash mouth offense with no creativity to it. It’s designed for RBs to eat, not QBs
all that don't matta..fields would go to georgia tech and be great. same @washington state. he is just a tremendous talent

King Karim

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn’t play well in this archaic offense a year ago, why do you think he would’ve played better in an even less imaginative, less creative offense this year?
he passed for 328 on only 39 attempts while completing 70% of his passes...that's 8.4 yards per pass...and also 4 touchdowns...which gave him a rating of 173.7 (Fromm has never had a rating that high in all 3 seasons)

he also gave us 266 rushing yards on just 42 attempts and also 4 rushing touchdowns...and this is all with UGA purposely handcuffing him so he wouldn't outshine the starter too bad....Justin had a GREAT freshman year

I still don't understand your point

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
he passed for 328 on only 39 attempts while completing 70% of his passes...that's 8.4 yards per pass...and also 4 touchdowns...which gave him a rating of 173.7 (Fromm has never had a rating that high in all 3 seasons)

he also gave us 266 rushing yards on just 42 attempts and also 4 rushing touchdowns...and this is all with UGA purposely handcuffing him so he wouldn't outshine the starter too bad....Justin had a GREAT freshman year

I still don't understand your point

He didn’t have a great year in the flow of the offense. Those numbers are garbage time trash bag numbers. It would’ve been the same if not worse this yr. Why would you think it would’ve got better for him in this trash offense?

King Karim

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn’t have a great year in the flow of the offense. Those numbers are garbage time trash bag numbers. It would’ve been the same if not worse this yr. Why would you think it would’ve got better for him in this trash offense?
well first make up your mind on which take you're gonna go with?

is it "he didn't play well last year"

OR

is it" he played well in garbage time"?